• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fantasy Version

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @christianmike Okay, I'll have a look
    @BlueGhoul. Not really anything I can do about that - sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2022
    Hi! Is there an evolution guide? I have no idea how to evolve certain Pokemon like trade evolutions or alolan marrowak. Also, the day care lady is asleep. When does she wake up?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2022
    Finally 1.10v!!! New feature, therefore camealong new bugs *bruh*
    1. Escape Rope refuses to work when registered, says "It can't be used when you have someone with you" no matter your pokemon is out or not.
    2. When registered, Zygarde Cube automatically choose one member of the team (usually 4th and 6th) as a zygarde and you can change its form or teach moves, now i have a permanently mega-evoled metagross lol. I considered this a feature so DONOTFIXTHISONE
    3. Ingrid was supposed to give me a Lopunnite (according to https://pokemon-fantasy.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Items) but that stone isnt in my bag when I checked it. I don't know if this is a bug, or I missed that dialog, or the wiki page is messing with me. It doesn't matter, though, because the "feature" above fits perfectly in this situation IREPEATDONOTFIXTHATONE :)))
    Planned to complete the Elven Dex in the next week to see if anything insteresting happen!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2022
    @BlueGhoul Double clicking on the game.exe should do it.
    As for the honey, I got it through honey gather. Also, where is the fishing rod? Is there a happiness checker? Where to find Igglybuff?

Last edited:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @razorleaf223. For evolution guide, Try the wiki's Pokemon Location List (https://pokemon-fantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Location_List), with any unusual evolutions being stated on there. If not, I will try and provide information about it.
    The Day Care Lady wakes up after you progress a certain amount through the game. I think it is after the Mayor Key.
    No Fishing Rod exists in the game.
    I don't think there is a happiness checker, because I forgot to put one in (Will look at doing so, and will likely put them in a city house)
    And Igglybuff is obtained through breeding Jigglypuff, which is found in Light Forest

@Swagjuice11 Understandable seeing as I never used one once during playtesting and always forget they exist. I will look into this.

@FHT158. Thanks for reporting. It wouldn't be me if there weren't tons of extra bugs per update!
    1) Bizarre. Will look into it.
    2) Sorry, but I'm definitely fixing this! This is way too OP and not to mention it will probably break the game if used wrong. Tested the cube thoroughly so don't know why it is happening.
    3) Okay, will also look into this. And again, I know it sounds amazing, but I will fix it, and soon as well! Sorry!

Thanks!
    Swdfm

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2022
    Just checking on igglybuff because I was confused as to why it seemed to be the only baby that didn't exist in the wild. And no fishing rod? How do I get fish pokemon then? Also, the doubloon shack on yarr island is still missing the pokeball salesman that is supposed to be there according to the wiki. Where is the move reminder?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2022
    A few minor problems I encounter today
    1) One single piece of fence hitbox left of the day care lady's hut is missing. Same problem with the blue wall of the Frozen Fortress.
    2) When I take both of my 'mon at once, the lady pissed off and slap this in my face
    Spoiler:
    one at a time is okay, though.
    3) Overworld sprites is a little bit of a mess:
    +) Shiny Galarian Slowking display a shiny original variation.
    +) Shiny Gallade have the top of his head transparent.
    +) Silvally goes invisible, swaps to wrong color when holding Memories.
    4) Colusseum participating freeze the game when you enter with the Magic Carpet.

About the almighty Zygrade Cube, you could just disable its registrability like the Reigns of Unity, Tome of Rotom and those Nectars for world peace : D

Last edited:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    v1.11 is out, but thanks to the amount of errors reported, it won't be for long!

@razorleaf223. Are you sure? I definitely added an extra person, and double checked the code. I will have another look, though
    You get a lot of Fish Pokemon in Dark Dens exclusively (mons such as Wailord). I recommend you look at the relevant Wiki pages if you get stuck.
    The move reminder is in a city, but I can't remember which one. Sorry.

@FHT158
    1) what do you mean by hitbox?
    2) *sigh* Okay, I will have a look. I hate the Day Care script!
    3) Thanks for telling me about those, and well done for getting those shinies! Of course I got them off some pack, so did not check them all individually. This seems to occur a lot in this game!
    4) No idea why this occurs. An easy fix for me would be just to dismount the player. Thanks for telling me!

Give me three days or so for an update. And of course Thanks for playing!

Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2022
    @Swdfm
    I can walk through the one fence to the left of the day care hut to get to the backyard, as well as the blue brick wall of Frozen Fortress, idk if this is just my file or the game file
    @razorleaf223
    Move reminder is southwest in Oregano City

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    HI! I think the idea of your game is really interesting and want to try it out so I downloaded the game but when I try to open it, nothing happens.
    Is there a reason why it is happening? sorry if I missed something.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2022
    @LokiMain maybe your device is not work for this game, did it work with orthers game?

Years
    • Seen today
    HI! I think the idea of your game is really interesting and want to try it out so I downloaded the game but when I try to open it, nothing happens.
    Is there a reason why it is happening? sorry if I missed something.

it says Mobile version not available separately
    no it wont work with this then

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @feerd Will sort on next update. I stupidly forgot to change this part too when I fixed High Priest code.
    @Saartje No, mobile version is not available SEPARATELY but you just download main version and change resolution on Options Screen to make it work well on mobile (ie. You can see everything on the screen!). Technically it works on mobile anyway.

I'll try for tomorrow, but otherwise Thursday

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    it says Mobile version not available separately
    no it wont work with this then
    Wait Wait, this fan game is only for mobile? lol i downloaded it to my pc not my mobile. And tbh I am quite confused rn as well xd

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    No, it is not only for mobile, but it CAN be played on mobile.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What do I open this with? It comes up by default with Firefox, but that just creates an infinite loop.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2022
    Since you haven't release another version as expected, prepare for MORE trouble :D
    1. Elf Gatherers and Dwatf Diggers keep working as long as i keep talking to them now.
    2. There's no Meltan (https://pokemon-fantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Locations says) for me in Mist Temple.
    3. Pokemon Revival didn't comsume the fossils, is this intentional?
    4. Sometime I encounter a Meowstic with female symbol and male sprite.
    5. Double Team doesn't work properly, it keeps pop-up an error report until PP ran out.

Last edited:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Sparhawk55 Click on the Game.exe to open. If not, tell me what you're doing to open the game.

@FHT158 Yes, sorry. I've been a bit lazy this week. Expect one over the weekend or early next week.
    1. That's really bizarre, as I did not touch them in last update. I'll have a look.
    2. Have you defeated the person who is supposed to give it to you? I can't remember his name, but I think he is with the knight group.
    3. No it is not! I'll fix it.
    4. Not surprised. It is a very annoying Pokemon to deal with form changes. Same applies to Indeedee. Will fix.
    5. Okay. This will either be my fault, or yet another bug in the pack I used. Will fix.
    Thanks as usual for reporting! I've given you a playtesting credit (If you want me to use a name other than FHT158, let us know!)

Swdfm

Back