• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ferrum

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Get ready for a big wall of text...

Pokémon Ferrum

[#1]

Pokémon Ferrum

Introduction
    Everything starts from the beginning...

Hello people! I'm Zeffy and I bring to you my hack, Pokémon Ferrum. Pokémon Ferrum is a hack based on Pokémon FireRed. I'm trying to make this hack playable and enjoyable as I can. Anyways, more information about me:

• I've started many hacks from before, Eon Legends and Obsidian being two of the most successful of all of them.
    • I was a noob hacker way before, so I learned a lot of things in order to make a successful hack.
    Anyways, onto the main parts of the hack.

Story
    Though shall not pass!

Your Pokemon knowledge will be put to test. . .

Ferrum Brigade has accepted your enrollment letter, and have been admitted to Ferrum Brigade Training System. This training system trains your Pokemon knowledge and how to interact with Pokemon. After the test, the trainee will be put into a test. What test, to be exact? A personality test. A test that determines what Pokémon is best for him/her.

After the test, the trainee will now be a Ferrum Ranger Grunt! A full pledged Pokemon trainer who also solves problems in Ferro by doing missions. Each mission, when successfully finished, will give rewards. These rewards maybe money, an item, berries, or maybe TMs. These missions are located in the Ferrum Headquarters that can be found in almost every town or city throughout Ferro. Completing a certain amount of missions in one Ferrum Headquarters will promote you to a higher Ferrum Ranger Position. Only few have attained the highest Ferrum Ranger Position, will you be one of them?

Besides being a Ferrum Ranger, you still can battle Gym Leaders and obtain badges to unlock special missions. These special missions will reward you with special items, and completing all badges will give you access to the Pokemon League!

So, will you be the champion?

Features
    You treat me like a rose...

• 15 Starters
    Isn't that great? Well, you don't choose your starter but the game does. :P

• Transportation Vehicles
    Replacing the HMs Fly and Surf, Transportation Vehicles are essential in a Ranger's work. Since Ferro is divided into 2 major islands, you'll need to ride an airplane in order to travel between the islands.

• No HMs
    No more HMs are going to be used, although some items will replace some HMs.

• Plot Twists
    Although Ferrum has a main storyline, there are some twist. Like your mom being a Pokémon Researcher. ;)

• No Official Rival
    Since you're a Ranger, you won't need an official rival. Although, you'll have a rival team who's objective is really different from the Ferrum Brigade.

• Examinations, and lots of it!
    Although you've passed the test before being an official Ferrum Ranger, there'll still be lots of test throughout the game.

• Mission System
    This is a feature I've been thoroughly planning and implementing.

• Recurring Pokémon Animé Characters
    You heard it. ;)

• Gym Leaders are completely OPTIONAL
    Since you're a Ranger, battling the Gyms will be very optional. Although you can still battle them, but its up to you if you want to. :)

• A Few More...
    There's still a few more features that I'm currently working on, like sidequests. But the Mission system is my priority right now.

Media
    :P

Screenshots

[cd="width:100%;height:300px;overflow:auto]
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum
    [/cd]

Videos

None yet.

Support Banners

Official Support Banner
    made by Zeffy.

Pokémon Ferrum

HTML:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=216407][img]https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/314/pokemonferrumusebar.png[/img][/url]

Credits
    And the award goes to...

• HackMew
    For the Running Shoes inside buildings, XSE, FSF, Hacked Unlz.gba, SMCA, A-Patch, APE, A-Trainer and some tips.

• Lu-Ho
    For Advance Map.

• Wichu
    For decapitalization patch, advance series, and platinum sprites.

• ~Trebuh~
    For helping me improve my maps.

• Other Tool Makers
    For NTME, YAPE, NSE, and Advance Intro Ed.

Releases
    I want candy :O

PreAlpha

Progress: [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]
    Release Date Planned: :P

Everything in this thread is copyrighted
    . Do not steal anything.

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • This hack looks promising :) And there is a grammar error in the picture with that guy. Instead of saying "I wonder if she have a boyfriend", it should be "I wonder if she has a boyfriend"... But thats not too important :p. Anyways, cant wait to play it.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Yay, Zeffy's hack thread is up! xD

I like the story and the screenshots so far. Can't wait to see how it will turn out. :3
    Best of luck!!

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • Looks great. I like the idea with the game choosing starters but i have a fealling some people will have to start 15 + if they don't like the one they got XD

Years
  • there is a mistake at the 11th picture when it says i wonder if she have a boyfriend when it should be i wonder if she has a boyfriend.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    This hack looks promising :) And there is a grammar error in the picture with that guy. Instead of saying "I wonder if she have a boyfriend", it should be "I wonder if she has a boyfriend"... But thats not too important :p. Anyways, cant wait to play it.

there is a mistake at the 11th picture when it says i wonder if she have a boyfriend when it should be i wonder if she has a boyfriend.

I'm aware of that, but I noticed it after I posted the thread so I'm just editing it later. xD

Yay, Zeffy's hack thread is up! xD

I like the story and the screenshots so far. Can't wait to see how it will turn out. :3
    Best of luck!!

Thank you, and best of luck to your hack too. :)

Looks great. I like the idea with the game choosing starters but i have a fealling some people will have to start 15 + if they don't like the one they got XD

I don't want to spoil until later of how you're getting your starter, so wait until later and you'll see. ;)

Years
  • Hey! i like the presentation of the hack,really like a profesional intro.The hack not are awesome in grapichs or tiles but i see are really good in the scripts and other things,love the hack and no so much the pallets but the hack are really good.Finally i think you should fill the maps a little more.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hey! i like the presentation of the hack,really like a profesional intro.The hack not are awesome in grapichs or tiles but i see are really good in the scripts and other things,love the hack and no so much the pallets but the hack are really good.Finally i think you should fill the maps a little more.

Thank you. :)

I'm not a fan of inserting tiles, so that will not change. I'm not much of a mapper, more like a struggling mapper ;)

I'm currently inserting something, so I may update later. :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Not much of an update

If anyone wants to help with this hack, then please post in this thread.

Also, here's Turtwig inserted:
    Pokémon Ferrum

Actually, I already have them inserted but I screwed up. Good thing I have backups. :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Its time for an...

Update
    She's so nice!

I'm barely getting responses >.> So, I'm bringing you the way of how you will obtain your starter!

Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum

The scientist explaining about the test.

Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum

A few questions from the test itself, mystery dungeon anyone? xD

Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum

A few more explaining, and the Pokemon I got was a Pikachu xD

Pokémon Ferrum

Fixed the grammar error.

Pokémon Ferrum
    Pokémon Ferrum

A little sneakpeak of Windstone Path where an event happens. ;)

Ok, so here's how the test works. You answer a few questions, the number of questions depends on your answers. You'll most likely to get a Pikachu :P Although, if you're lucky you might get a few rares or a Rattata xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Looks good but i must admit i saw that quiz coming.... Great idea though :)

lol xD
    Have you read the storyline yet? It says that you're having a personality test. Anyways, what do you guys think about the new banner on the top of the first post?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looks interesting, even though at first I was like waaahh due to some weird correlations with my hack XD but its bound to happen haha.

In the screenshots I noticed some shading errors in the buildings (with the darker tiles). Generally walls create a full square or shadow but everything else gives half a square (like the desk).

Also I think "What a cute and adoring Pokémon" should be Adorable.

And please don't just use that speckled grass tile the whole way through D: It seems people use it too much these days and it's just weird :P Make good use of all the different grass tiles FR has to offer.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Looks interesting, even though at first I was like waaahh due to some weird correlations with my hack XD but its bound to happen haha.

In the screenshots I noticed some shading errors in the buildings (with the darker tiles). Generally walls create a full square or shadow but everything else gives half a square (like the desk).

Also I think "What a cute and adoring Pokémon" should be Adorable.

And please don't just use that speckled grass tile the whole way through D: It seems people use it too much these days and it's just weird :P Make good use of all the different grass tiles FR has to offer.
    Well, I've had this idea even before you posted your thread. I started developing the story, characters etc last December so I'm sorry 'bout that. xD

Actually, I'm not a great mapper. Don't get me wrong, my maps aren't that good. I'm looking for mappers that could fix up my crappy maps.

Actually, the adoring Pokemon part was a random text to be filled in later. That girl has a crucial part on the story. ;)

About the shading errors on the buildings, I completely forgot about those. xD I mostly did the walls and other that that..... xD

Thanks for the feedback! ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    Where can I find the download from pokémon ferrum?
    Cause I'm new but I really wanna play this cause it looks AWESOME :-D

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • Where can I find the download from pokémon ferrum?
    Cause I'm new but I really wanna play this cause it looks AWESOME :-D

Going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure Zeffy said there wasn't a release yet

Looks great, I like the idea of 15 different starters, and the whole aspect of Gym Battles being optional is a great idea as well.

Back