• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
  • we can, but it doesnt seem necessary to me, two is enough for everyone, and maybe adding difficulties to cathing pokemon isn't that nice for a hack

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    I've been wanting a remake of Gen 2..was torn between Liquid Crystal and the hacksrepairman Shiny Gold. This looks like everything I've wanted. I made an account to ask one question though. If you update the game will I be able to keep my save progress going into the next update?

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • I've been wanting a remake of Gen 2..was torn between Liquid Crystal and the hacksrepairman Shiny Gold. This looks like everything I've wanted. I made an account to ask one question though. If you update the game will I be able to keep my save progress going into the next update?

you certainly will do!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Thank you so much! Will download and patch when I get some time this weekend.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    I have one more question. Can this game be used on a super ultimate injector for 3DS? Getting a hacked one next week and would love to start but want to ensure the RTC will work if I do it this way. What little I've played on my tablet has been great but I just want buttons 🤣. Keep up the great work.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • some people are playing it on 3DS, RTC works but its been reported that the RTC don't match up, there is an in game clock you could check
    it worked for most people so i hope it works out fine for you too
    thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Thank you so much! One last question this is a completely original remake of Crystal right? If so I'm gonna drop my progress in LC and pick this up ☺️

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    are you going to add an npc that can change your pokemon's nature? If you haven't thought about that, it would be a good idea.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey there, enjoying the hack so far...but got few things :
    Can I get fire stone in Johto? Can't seem to find it. Only two places seems to be in Kanto.
    Mt. Mortar now requires Rock Climb? It's not mentioned in notes on Discord in TM/HM.
    Using Clear Smog can make the game freeze.
    Also RTC is checked but for some reason Sunday keeps repeating itself. Maybe it have something to do with save type, since Flash wasn't working(I couldn't save) so I changed it to automatic and it works. Kinda weird coz it worked on every hack I've played before.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    hey
    game looks awsome and i like the concept

need help in this part:

"Please use an UPS patcher to patch it on vanilla 1636 Squirrels Fire Red Rom V1.0
    please choose 'abort' in the patching option"

where can i get "ups patcher"?
    can i download it through the pokecommunity website?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Great hack so far! Wish Goldenrod had TMs though. Being able to buy several copies of the elemental punches was huge.

I got stuck at the burnt tower. I have 3 badges and when I attempt to use Rock Smash it tells me I need a new badge. Suggestions or am I just being an idiot and missing something obvious? 😅

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    Hi!

I have tried to play your hackrom from a GBA SP using EZ Flasher Omega and it is not possible because can't save the game.
    First the game told me that I needed something like 1mb board. after this i changed the save system to 128kb (?) and it didn't say this message however every time i start the game it tells me the save has been deleted.
    I think the problem is that the game creates a save file of 64kb instead of 128. With other hackroms I don't have this problem. Any ideas?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    This isn't a solution so much as an alternative, but I have been using a Save State instead of a file save and it's been working fine for me.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Hey there, enjoying the hack so far...but got few things :
    Can I get fire stone in Johto? Can't seem to find it. Only two places seems to be in Kanto.
    Mt. Mortar now requires Rock Climb? It's not mentioned in notes on Discord in TM/HM.
    Using Clear Smog can make the game freeze.
    Also RTC is checked but for some reason Sunday keeps repeating itself. Maybe it have something to do with save type, since Flash wasn't working(I couldn't save) so I changed it to automatic and it works. Kinda weird coz it worked on every hack I've played before.

fire stone is in johto, in 1.4 you can smash rocks in ruins of alph
    rock climb is a tutor near mt.silver
    clear smog is going to be either removed or fixed in the next update
    most of rom hacks uses 128 kb, change the settings in your emulator. i don't recommend using save state as you cant clear anything after champion

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • hey
    game looks awsome and i like the concept

need help in this part:

"Please use an UPS patcher to patch it on vanilla 1636 Squirrels Fire Red Rom V1.0
    please choose 'abort' in the patching option"

where can i get "ups patcher"?
    can i download it through the pokecommunity website?

Thanks!!
    you can just google, a website of pathcer is also posted in the discord #frequently asked questions

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Great hack so far! Wish Goldenrod had TMs though. Being able to buy several copies of the elemental punches was huge.

I got stuck at the burnt tower. I have 3 badges and when I attempt to use Rock Smash it tells me I need a new badge. Suggestions or am I just being an idiot and missing something obvious? 😅

elemental punches are switched with the ice beam thunderbolt flamethrower in crystal, they are a tutor on Wednesday and Saturday in goldenrod

Back