• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gen 6 on Wii?

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
Years
  • A thought that simply occured to me- what would you think about an actual Pokémon game (not spinoffs) on a console?

No major gameplay changes, but simply for a nice visual boost. (And no hokey Wii-mote motion controls).

I wouldn't mind having some more Stadium-like battles during standard Pokémon play. It'd make grinding less tedious were we to get more flash & dazzle during the fights.

Of course, that would limit playing to at home... Unless the data could be transferable to a DS cartridge.

Anyways, just a thought.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • hm on the wii? well no, they might have a new one by then. but honestly their running out of handhelds, whats next? holograms?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, that would be a good idea and it might happen in the future, Like Colosseum which I enjoyed however didn't have the same gameplay experience as the handheld games also it didn't include gyms so yeah, something like that would be fun and different.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Hmmm... I'm not sure what I think about having one of the main pokemon games on the wii. It seems like it might be annoying sometimes, like only being able to play it when I was at a wii (aka: at home) or being constantly watched by my brother/sister (that just really bugs me), but it might also be kind of cool. I really do like the idea of having the game transferable from wii to DS. That might be kind of nice. If I wanted to show off or wanted to battle someone in a more realistic feel the wii could be useful, and still being able to take it to my handheld would let me avoid the problems I just said. I think if that happened, I would be happy.

Edit: Yay! My 25th post! (I know that's not much, but I like to get excited at small things; it makes the world more fun.)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Pokémon isn't Pokémon unless you can scare the hell out of a whole train carriage when you beat the Elite Four on the go.

If you want transferral from Wii to DS and back...you might want to learn how stuff works.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • If i cant bring it everywhere with me its not a pokemon game... its a spin off game
    a huge game like black and white should not be a spin off

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Well it wouldn't have to be on the Wii, it was simply an example- I was thinking mostly graphics, since the gameplay is already quite solid.

Some more visual impact, basically. There's nothing wrong with the sprites, but they can get old fast. (Especially the battle animations- there's only a handful that I never get tired of seeing, but the rest are rather boring).

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
  • I've always had i painted picture in the back of my head of a pokemon game going beyond the elite 4/pokedex deal.

Like adding little quest thingys on the side. Almost like the games fable and oblivon minus the fable and oblivion lol.

i dont really know how to explain it, like enhanced graphics on a console like the wii giving you the traditional pokemon game but opening up the whole region to you with more than just the main quest.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I think that would be a neat idea, actually. I'd definitely try it out. :)

I think the only complaint that some people have already mentioned is that it's not portable.

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
  • I think that would be a neat idea, actually. I'd definitely try it out. :)

I think the only complaint that some people have already mentioned is that it's not portable.

Maybe Nintendo will make a new system similar to the psp that can actually play a game like that.

I would buy it.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I think we need a full on Pokemon MMO.

I would really like this too, so long as Nintendo doesn't sell their soul (I'm looking at you, Blizzard and WoW). Honestly, with the amount of money they would get, it'd be quite hard for Nintendo to keep to what Pokemon was meant to be. Granted, they are already in it for the money to an extent, but they are still doing good.

As for putting a single-player game on the console, nah. They need to keep them on handhelds. Maybe if they released it on a handheld as well as a console, sure, but definitely can't be just console.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • The idea sounds good but I think the games would be better off if they stayed as they were. Although it would be cool if a newer Pokémon game could be played on the Wii with an extended story or whatever.

That probably makes no sense but I don't know how this stuff works. :)

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I have been waiting for something like that to happen for a long time. I would love it to be from begining to end (region), but I don't think that would happen. Heck I would go for a MMO too. :)

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
    Years
  • I've always had i painted picture in the back of my head of a pokemon game going beyond the elite 4/pokedex deal.

Like adding little quest thingys on the side. Almost like the games fable and oblivon minus the fable and oblivion lol.

i dont really know how to explain it, like enhanced graphics on a console like the wii giving you the traditional pokemon game but opening up the whole region to you with more than just the main quest.

I thought they would make a game where you can go to all the regions.

I would like to see some side quests though, more in depth at least.

As for a Wii one, I don't play my Wii enough to want Pokemon on it, plus I like being able to take it with me.

Back