• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    When i download it it doesn't show an icon for start the program (sorry for my bad english i'm from Spain :P)

Also,this works with a Spanish Rom?

Can you give me the file?

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • When i download it it doesn't show an icon for start the program (sorry for my bad english i'm from Spain :P)

Also,this works with a Spanish Rom?

Can you give me the file?

The ini only supports English roms since filling it out is possibly the world's most boring task. Feel free to fill it out for your rom, but I'm not doing it.:p If you are a real hacker and plan on changing everything anyway, you may as well use an English rom and then just make the hack in spanish. There is 1000% more support and research for English roms vs Spanish roms.

Now, did you download the right version? There are 6 buttons. Two are for source code, one is Linux (Ubuntu), one is Mac, one is for Chinese encoded Windows computers (it is not in Chinese, it was just built on a Chinese computer due to encoding issues) and the last one is for regular Windows. Make sure you get the last one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    It appears that Norton Antivirus thinks this program is a major security risk because it "was behaving suspiciously on your computer", and deletes it upon launch. I can't get any more specific info as to what is causing that, but would you have any clue perhaps?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work by manually enabling 'trust' on the file

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
  • It appears that Norton Antivirus thinks this program is a major security risk because it "was behaving suspiciously on your computer", and deletes it upon launch. I can't get any more specific info as to what is causing that, but would you have any clue perhaps?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work by manually enabling 'trust' on the file

On start up, it contacts GitHub twice (which now that I think of it, I should go back and put those in a separate thread so that they don't take up loading times......) to check for updates and messages. That is probably the suspicious activity.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    I downloaded already,thanks,It doesn't allow a Spanish Rom (You should work on it if you want)

How do i create a New Move or edit one?

Last edited by a moderator:

karatekid552

Years
  • I downloaded already,thanks,It doesn't allow a Spanish Rom (You should work on it if you want)

How do i create a New Move or edit one?

I already answered you.

The ini only supports English roms since filling it out is possibly the world's most boring task. Feel free to fill it out for your rom, but I'm not doing it.:p If you are a real hacker and plan on changing everything anyway, you may as well use an English rom and then just make the hack in spanish. There is 1000% more support and research for English roms vs Spanish roms.

Now, what do you mean by new move?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I have had a similar issue as Chaos Rush. My antivirus(99% chance its the same one) has been deleting the program out of the folder upon extraction. Thing is I don't even do anything, it just deletes it when I extract the files.

My question is sort of unrelated to the thread, but how can I get the file to not be deleted?
    Also a little note: it wouldn't do this with the first version, and I think one of the versions that came after that, it only does it with the latest version(so far as I know. I haven't tested other versions though.)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have had a similar issue as Chaos Rush. My antivirus(99% chance its the same one) has been deleting the program out of the folder upon extraction. Thing is I don't even do anything, it just deletes it when I extract the files.

My question is sort of unrelated to the thread, but how can I get the file to not be deleted?
    Also a little note: it wouldn't do this with the first version, and I think one of the versions that came after that, it only does it with the latest version(so far as I know. I haven't tested other versions though.)

You can either set an 'ignore' or something on the program so your anti-virus ignores that folder/exe.
    Or, you can get another antivirus. Don't have any suggestions, just search around.

Also, off topic: 400 posts!

karatekid552

Years
  • I have had a similar issue as Chaos Rush. My antivirus(99% chance its the same one) has been deleting the program out of the folder upon extraction. Thing is I don't even do anything, it just deletes it when I extract the files.

Most antivirus tend to be stupid. However the only provider that I know of that doesn't allow the "ignore" option is Mcafee, so if you are using Norton or something else, you could be able to go into the settings and set it up to ignore that file.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • I have had a similar issue as Chaos Rush. My antivirus(99% chance its the same one) has been deleting the program out of the folder upon extraction. Thing is I don't even do anything, it just deletes it when I extract the files.

Easy, just disable your anti-virus for a while, then extract the files.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    Repoint and expand move sets is one of the features
    I mean how can i expand move sets?

Also,the mon expander it gives me:
    -Bad egg
    -Unown forms
    -TEMP

Temp is suposed to be the new Mon,right?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
  • Repoint and expand move sets is one of the features
    I mean how can i expand move sets?

Also,the mon expander it gives me:
    -Bad egg
    -Unown forms
    -TEMP

Temp is suposed to be the new Mon,right?

In order to expand, you need to repoint.... That is how EVERYTHING works in hacking. There are some that don't believe it, but they end up with is broken footprints.>.> Now, when you click that, it asks you how many moves you want to expand to. Then it asks for a new offset to put them at. Just pick the first one on the list, it is safe.

Eggs and Unowns are stored after the original 386+25. So, that is why those are in there. Yes, TEMP are the new pokemon.

Easy, just disable your anti-virus for a while, then extract the files.

You don't understand how modern anti-virus works, do you? As soon as it is turned back-on, the auto-scanner will find it and delete it. It needs to be flagged as "ignore".

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Increase the number of types by 1 in the ini. It will read one more index. If you repointed the types (which I hope you did) you will also need to change the typenames offset.

Mkay, I increased the number of types to 19 and changed the typenames table offset to 7beeb0 (which is where I repointed the table to). When I open the program to look st the list of types, fairy (or the 19th type) isn't on the list, rather the original 18.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Mkay, I increased the number of types to 19 and changed the typenames table offset to 7beeb0 (which is where I repointed the table to). When I open the program to look st the list of types, fairy (or the 19th type) isn't on the list, rather the original 18.

If this is FireRed, (I'm assuming) and you followed my tut(?) then you need to increase to 23. If you didn't do any of this. Just keep increasing the number until you see "Fairy"

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • If this is FireRed, (I'm assuming) and you followed my tut(?) then you need to increase to 23. If you didn't do any of this. Just keep increasing the number until you see "Fairy"

I increased it to 23 and still no fairy type shows up. I'm sure I followed your tutorial correctly and repointed everything.

karatekid552

Years
  • I increased it to 23 and still no fairy type shows up. I'm sure I followed your tutorial correctly and repointed everything.

Umm, are we back to the whole editing the wrong section in the ini thing again? Are you sure you are editing the ini section for your game and not the BPRE one? Remember the BPRE one is only used to get the base offsets when you first load a rom.

Back