• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    I really should look through the posts on this thread to see if this has already been reported but I have 24 pages of posts to skim. Hopefully this is understandable.

I did a quick swap of some evolutions which don't seem to be matching up with how Pokemon are actualy evolving. In particular the Trade w/ Held Item and Stone evolutions seem to be swapped. Either the tool automatically switch each of these evolutions or it's just mislabeled. I used an Emerald ROM, the two case Pokemon were Scyther and Growlithe.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I really should look through the posts on this thread to see if this has already been reported but I have 24 pages of posts to skim. Hopefully this is understandable.

I did a quick swap of some evolutions which don't seem to be matching up with how Pokemon are actualy evolving. In particular the Trade w/ Held Item and Stone evolutions seem to be swapped. Either the tool automatically switch each of these evolutions or it's just mislabeled. I used an Emerald ROM, the two case Pokemon were Scyther and Growlithe.

Just switch them in the ini. There is a list of names. Emerald did it backwards from the other games, so I may have missed that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    Damn! This is one hell of a program! I never expected to see one of this caliber ever!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    Each time I upload a sprite from my comp the colors of the second sprite get all messed up.

this is already irritating with the originals that I relocate n the dex, but I can live with that.
    I find it much more annoying with my Fakemon's that I have spend hours to color with Paint.
    is there a way to fix this?

I tried uploading a pic, but I cant due to the 15 posts rule, sorry

ok, got a second issue:

bad LZ77 compressed data at 0x767ec4

images failed to decompress. aborting sprite load. the image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: c47e7608 for back sprite

I got this after loading an other custom sprite set and now I cant even open the sprite's to change them...

Last edited by a moderator:

karatekid552

Years
  • Each time I upload a sprite from my comp the colors of the second sprite get all messed up.

this is already irritating with the originals that I relocate n the dex, but I can live with that.
    I find it much more annoying with my Fakemon's that I have spend hours to color with Paint.
    is there a way to fix this?

I tried uploading a pic, but I cant due to the 15 posts rule, sorry

ok, got a second issue:

bad LZ77 compressed data at 0x767ec4

images failed to decompress. aborting sprite load. the image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: c47e7608 for back sprite

I got this after loading an other custom sprite set and now I cant even open the sprite's to change them...

For the first one, put the sprites on one sheet. For an example, look at Chaos Rush's 64x64 Sprite resource. The reason they screw up is because the colors are indexed and stored separately from the images. The shiny front and back share the same palette as do the normal front and back.

The second one basically means the data is corrupted for the image. This can happen by running another program that access's the rom or some other type of error. Try going to that offset in a hex editor and see what you find.

ThePsyShyster

Jack of All Trades...
    Years
  • Sorry if you have answered this before, but when I try to open my ROM in PG3HS, I get this Message:

ERROR:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 14665, in <lambda>
    File "<string>", line 351, in work_with_ini
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/ConfigParser", line 607, in get
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'ALL'

When asked to recover the .ini file I accept and get this message:

ERROR:

File "<string>", line 261, in on_timer
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 26, in __init__
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 71, in __init__
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 100, in InitUI
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/ConfigParser", line 607, in get
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'BPRE'

How do I fix this?~_~

karatekid552

Years
  • Sorry if you have answered this before, but when I try to open my ROM in PG3HS, I get this Message:

ERROR:

File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 14665, in <lambda>
    File "<string>", line 351, in work_with_ini
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'ALL'

When asked to recover the .ini file I accept and get this message:

ERROR:

File "<string>", line 261, in on_timer
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 26, in __init__
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 71, in __init__
    File "/media/Storage/Secret-Tool/build/mainUbuntu/out00-PYZ.pyz/lib.Tools.Recovery", line 100, in InitUI
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'BPRE'

How do I fix this?~_~

What does your ini file look like? Almost guarantee you it a blank file.

ThePsyShyster

Jack of All Trades...
    Years
  • What does your ini file look like? Almost guarantee you it a blank file.

If your talking about the PokeRoms.ini, I found this:

Spoiler:

Is there something wrong with my ROM?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
  • If your talking about the PokeRoms.ini, I found this:

Spoiler:

Is there something wrong with my ROM?

Please spoiler long things like that.

Are you 100% sure there is no "[" before the "ALL]"? Cause that would be the issue right there.

ThePsyShyster

Jack of All Trades...
    Years
  • Please spoiler long things like that.

Sorry. I'm new and I didn't know how to hide the text in a spoiler. i edited it to add the spoiler.

Are you 100% sure there is no "[" before the "ALL]"? Cause that would be the issue right there.

The ini's first line of text is:

[ALL]

I got rid of the "[" around ALL, but it didn't help. Also, when I boot up the program it says:

Spoiler:

I know that the Resource folder is there and Icon.png is in the folder. Do I have to put the folders in a specific location?

Years
  • I know it's gen 3 hacking suite but I would love to see some gen 1 and 2 compataility in the future but anyway nice tool keep up the great work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    For the first one, put the sprites on one sheet. For an example, look at Chaos Rush's 64x64 Sprite resource. The reason they screw up is because the colors are indexed and stored separately from the images. The shiny front and back share the same palette as do the normal front and back.

The second one basically means the data is corrupted for the image. This can happen by running another program that access's the rom or some other type of error. Try going to that offset in a hex editor and see what you find.

I have yet to check the Hex editor for the error, trough I doubt I will realize anything (i have no idea how these hex codes work, is there a way for me to learn this stuff?)

anyway, thanks for the link to Chaos Rush, but that wont fix the color issue I have with my own creations, how can I fix that?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Its a great tool but im having problems expanding the dex, How do i make the pokemon appear in the dex? ive added a couple but its not been on the game, and it doesnt appear on advance map for the wild pokemon data or advance starter, could you explain how to expand it properly?

karatekid552

Years
  • Its a great tool but im having problems expanding the dex, How do i make the pokemon appear in the dex? ive added a couple but its not been on the game, and it doesnt appear on advance map for the wild pokemon data or advance starter, could you explain how to expand it properly?

They should be in the dex.:/ But they won't appear until you catch/see one of course. A-map and A-starter will not display them, they are not designed to.

I have yet to check the Hex editor for the error, trough I doubt I will realize anything (i have no idea how these hex codes work, is there a way for me to learn this stuff?)

anyway, thanks for the link to Chaos Rush, but that wont fix the color issue I have with my own creations, how can I fix that?

I sent you that link to show you how to set up your sprites. Put them all in one image like his are, in that order.

Sorry. I'm new and I didn't know how to hide the text in a spoiler. i edited it to add the spoiler.

The ini's first line of text is:

[ALL]

I got rid of the "[" around ALL, but it didn't help. Also, when I boot up the program it says:

Spoiler:

I know that the Resource folder is there and Icon.png is in the folder. Do I have to put the folders in a specific location?

It needs to be in the same folder as the .exe. Are you on Windows?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    If it doesnt show in any other tools then how do i make that pokemon wild to be able to obtain it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Is there a chance to expand the total number of pokemon for a second time after you did it for the first time? Maybe there is an entry that has to be resetted!?
    (I'm sorry for disturbing when the answer was already given but I didn't read all 25 pages of this thread...)

karatekid552

Years
  • Is there a chance to expand the total number of pokemon for a second time after you did it for the first time? Maybe there is an entry that has to be resetted!?
    (I'm sorry for disturbing when the answer was already given but I didn't read all 25 pages of this thread...)

Nope, that is why you always back up.

If it doesnt show in any other tools then how do i make that pokemon wild to be able to obtain it?

Hex editing. There is a tutorial for it.

I use Linux/Ubuntu, and PokeRoms.ini is in the same folder as The program.

I designed this program on Ubuntu Linux and it works just fine for me.:/ What version of Ubuntu? I'm on 14.04.

Back