• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
  • Can you possibly release a version of gen III ROM hacking suite for windows xp possibly because it keeps on crashing on windows xp....

I had the same problem, but after upgrading my OS to Windows 7, it no longer crashes. Here's the solution karatekid552 suggested to me that time:

You are using XP, right? The previous version was compiled on XP but this version was compiled on Windows 7. I had to upgrade my graphics library from v2.8 to v3.0. v3.0 didn't run on XP but it does on 7 so this may be the issue. I'm not 100% sure. I would really recommend upgrading your windows at this point since XP is no longer supported by microsoft and is getting increasingly vulnerable each day. I was forced to upgrade when my computer died and I bought a new one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    When I expand the pokedex and add sprites for new mons, it'll give the error in the attachment when I ask to save. Then, regardless if I choose 'yes' or 'no', it'll make G3HS crash when I try to load the same rom again.

Someone on IRC told me that I have to change the ini when I add new mons. But I have no idea what I have to change or where. Any help is appreciated here.

Edit: Fixed it. It was a problem with my ini; I didn't know how to manage my ini so G3HS was creating a new one whenever I loaded a rom, so now I changed the gamecode to a custom name and then press 'yes' when it asks if the change was intentional.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Quick question:

on the "Size Comparison" part of the POKéDex tab, how do you know what to put in for any pokemon you add. Take turtwig for example. What do I do for that?

oh and how do you load sprites?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I would, except that I don't have any access to Windows XP.

XP is no longer supported, and it is now legal to distribute its ISO file for installing. If you'd like I can help with this. I have the installer for Win XP-PRO SP3 32 bit.

Furthermore, you'd be my hero if you added a trainer editor to this. I use Linux (Zorin OS; literally Ubuntu), and I have yet to find a Gen3 trainer editor that has worked for me.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • XP is no longer supported, and it is now legal to distribute its ISO file for installing. If you'd like I can help with this. I have the installer for Win XP-PRO SP3 32 bit.

Furthermore, you'd be my hero if you added a trainer editor to this. I use Linux (Zorin OS; literally Ubuntu), and I have yet to find a Gen3 trainer editor that has worked for me.

I use Ubuntu too.:) *Internet high five* and that is planned for a much, much later release. I just don't have the time to code one.

I should be able to run the iso in a virtualbox and compile that way. Compiling on windows is so quirky.:/

Quick question:

on the "Size Comparison" part of the POKéDex tab, how do you know what to put in for any pokemon you add. Take turtwig for example. What do I do for that?

oh and how do you load sprites?

If you to the left, it tells you what size the image will appear in the pokedex....

To load a single 64x64 sprite, just click on the image you want to change. To load a full sheet from a library like Chaos Rush's, click on the "load sheet sprite" button.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    one more thing:
    Is there a particular place where I can find the icons for the sprites? You know, the right section of the sprites page?

also, is there a way to add moves like leaf storm into the system or no?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Hi there Kid, thanks for the tool .

I was adding more moves on Fire Red for some Pokemons, after adding more moves for ENTEI,

i select SUICUNE this message appears, only the move tab is empty, the other are ok, any tips ?

2BreiipyGaBf5fN6NOEQqU_TlWkD5fE79E9yUJ5vWNg=w673-h207-p-no

UPDATE
    Ok i fixed the error but my save stopped working with the rom,
    So i am starting again : P
    This time i am not marking the option "Fill old table", and i save only with the "Save Tab" option so far no errors.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I use Ubuntu too.:) *Internet high five* and that is planned for a much, much later release. I just don't have the time to code one.

I should be able to run the iso in a virtualbox and compile that way. Compiling on windows is so quirky.:/

If you to the left, it tells you what size the image will appear in the pokedex....

To load a single 64x64 sprite, just click on the image you want to change. To load a full sheet from a library like Chaos Rush's, click on the "load sheet sprite" button.

Ah, oh well. I'm jumping between my Ubuntu desktop and my Win7 laptop to make my ROM, lol. I do have a question though. Could you point me to a tutorial pertaining to the "expand the number of pokemon" part? :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hello Karatekid,

First of all thank you :) this rom hacking tool is awesome!!
    But I have a problem :/ alright let's start off with the beginning.
    I'm making a rom hack of pokemon emerald, wanted to add some extra pokemons, edited the ?? after Celebi with sprites icons and stuff. I am a bit of a dummy and Yape says index out of range and does nothing, your program says like index is not good, recover but that didn't fix the problem :/. So uhmmm can i send you the rom so you can take a look at it and help me? :) I would really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    Hey can you help me with these:

I've already expand the Pokemon in FireRed, but when I tried to put a new pokemon at encountered area in Advance Map 1.95...It doesn't show my hacked pokemon...(Sorry,I don't really know how to put image in pokecommunity cuz I'm new :/)

So can you please help with this? Thank you

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • Hey can you help me with these:

I've already expand the Pokemon in FireRed, but when I tried to put a new pokemon at encountered area in Advance Map 1.95...It doesn't show my hacked pokemon...(Sorry,I don't really know how to put image in pokecommunity cuz I'm new :/)

So can you please help with this? Thank you

That's a limit on A-Map. You can follow this tutorial to make them available in your game: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324867

Alternatively, you can do this method with A-Map 1.92 (which is what I currently do): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8271873&postcount=502

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    +Darkrai lv.1000

That's really great! So in order to make it for 150 pokemon,I've got to do the same thing for 150 times?

BrandoSheriff

Years
  • +Darkrai lv.1000

That's really great! So in order to make it for 150 pokemon,I've got to do the same thing for 150 times?

Did you take a look at the links I provided? There's no specific number of times you have to do each method (I'll assume you're using the first one since you said you have A-Map 1.95), but just do it for each Pokemon past Chimecho that you want in a map of your choosing. I don't think you'd want 150 mons in one map. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    I replaced the names of some pokemon and edited some types and somewhere along the line, the evolution slots for each pokemon went completely blank. I'm not sure what causes this. is it the editing ini thing? (I'm using the rombase as well ) cause I keep being worried I'm not going about doing that right and backing out(total newb).

and also, a few other times, with the evo data still blank I started replacing existing pokemon sprites and it was fine for the first few, but then if you save + edit + open it again it gives me a piped error that says something about evolutions in it, which makes me think it's caused by that evo glitch..

sorry to bother!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    Hello, I have been reading trough a lot of the posts here, but I cant find what I wanted so I thought, lets ask XD

I wanted to add fairy type to fire red, liquid crystal (hack version so its a GBA) and Emerald.
    and a few other things like adding moves and change the evolution settings for the trade ones.
    probably even add a way to get Mew, Celebi and so on XD

But first things first, I cant figure out how to add a new type?
    I have fixed the Inu to change the types from 18 to 19, perhaps I will add a personal made type later, but first the fairy.
    but beyond that I cnt figure it out...
    I should note, I have no idea how the hexes work and due to this I dont have a program for that, so I only have the Gen III tool.

any help is appreciated ^^
    (sidenote: I have asked to change my username so chance I will have a new name sooner or later)

Hello, I have been reading trough a lot of the posts here, but I cant find what I wanted so I thought, lets ask XD

I wanted to add fairy type to fire red, liquid crystal (hack version so its a GBA) and Emerald.
    and a few other things like adding moves and change the evolution settings for the trade ones.
    probably even add a way to get Mew, Celebi and so on XD

But first things first, I cant figure out how to add a new type?
    I have fixed the Inu to change the types from 18 to 19, perhaps I will add a personal made type later, but first the fairy.
    but beyond that I cnt figure it out...
    I should note, I have no idea how the hexes work and due to this I dont have a program for that, so I only have the Gen III tool.

any help is appreciated ^^
    (sidenote: I have asked to change my username so chance I will have a new name sooner or later)

Back