• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Within the past two years, only Pokémon MMO I've played was Vortex. Heard this was a remake of Pokémon Crater, which I used to play religiously when I was younger, haha. It wasn't so bad, but just didn't have the same effect on me as Crater did. :(

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Within the past two years, only Pokémon MMO I've played was Vortex. Heard this was a remake of Pokémon Crater, which I used to play religiously when I was younger, haha. It wasn't so bad, but just didn't have the same effect on me as Crater did. :(

OMG Pokemon Crater. Thanks for the mini nostalgia trip there :')
I still remember that one shiny I found...

Years
Ooh... I remember being addicted to Pokemon Vortex in around the summer of 2012. I must've played every day for a couple of months, with my best Pokemon being an Ancient Victini that knew moves it really shouldn't have (one being Frenzy Plant or Blizzard, I think).

Coincidentally, it was around then that I learned all productivity in my life would cease to exist if an official Pokemon MMO ever got made.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
I think that goes for most of us. Would anyone be willing to pay for a reasonably priced Pokemon MMO?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If there was an official pokémon MMO, I might pay for it actually.

But it would need to be a MMORPG where you could customize your trainer well and choose professions or at least directions in your training of the pokémon, like breeding, coordinating, training for gym challenge or being a ranger or even Evil TeamTM. And it shouldn't be too easy to get from one location to another, at least not until you've got all badges from a region. Kind of like you have to wait until you have some badges to get FLY and SURF. Or maybe it would be a completely new region, bigger than on the portable consoles. Because obviously this would need to be a stationary console or even PC game :>

And yeah, you should be able to make "guilds" or something like that, but it shouldn't be like a social network imo.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
If there was an official pokémon MMO, I might pay for it actually.

But it would need to be a MMORPG where you could customize your trainer well and choose professions or at least directions in your training of the pokémon, like breeding, coordinating, training for gym challenge or being a ranger or even Evil TeamTM.

How would a quest system in a Pokemon themed environment work? I honestly don't think fetch quests would be so great...so, what in substitute?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Capture quests, obviously :3 Something similar to what I put up as the events in chapters of my pokémon roleplay, Crossroads.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Capture quests, obviously :3 Something similar to what I put up as the events in chapters of my pokémon roleplay, Crossroads.

Not just capture, finding items in hard-to-reach places, going inside a cave to rescue somebody, etc. Think Mystery Dungeon crossed over with main Pokémon games crossed over with Skyrim. Pokémon Ranger as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Those could definitely work. Just add some Sims and Animal Crossing aspects to it--such as building and decorating your own house, purchase and stuff with your own lands, free customize your character, etc--and it should be even better. A game like this would probably not be that pricey, but I could imagine it to have tons of DLC, though, which could take a lot of your money away. d:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Those could definitely work. Just add some Sims and Animal Crossing aspects to it--such as building and decorating your own house, purchase and stuff with your own lands, free customize your character, etc--and it should be even better. A game like this would probably not be that pricey, but I could imagine it to have tons of DLC, though, which could take a lot of your money away. d:

A game like this would make you forget how to walk tbh, so I think it's worth the price. Skyrim did have lot of DLC as well, but that's better than making a completely new game, isn't it? Adding a lot of choices in the game will make it a classic open-world RPG. I wonder what we should should call our MMORPG of Pokémon...

Years
A game like this would make you forget how to walk tbh, so I think it's worth the price. Skyrim did have lot of DLC as well, but that's better than making a completely new game, isn't it? Adding a lot of choices in the game will make it a classic open-world RPG. I wonder what we should should call our MMORPG of Pokémon...
Pokémon
MMMORPG
Mass Money Making Online Role-Playing Game
: What Social Life?

Seriously though, if there was an official MMORPG with lots of DLC, they'd basically have their hand in my wallet right now.

Years
Same here. It's pretty interesting to think about. We'd all be out a fair price each month, but if it was well constructed, I'd be all for it. I think that's something we've all thought about at one time or another

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hey, we're Pokémon fans, right? We ought to live up to the name. Maybe that would make Pokémon the most famous franchise in the Nintendo fanbase, because I can see millions of people playing that. All because of the Internet.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Pokemon Online. resisting the urge to add 'art' in the middle

Picking a starter Pokemon could be like how you pick a race in The Elder Scrolls, that is, each having their own special bonuses. :3

Maybe you could also pick a region to start with, ranging from our current 6. Each region could have something to make them different to the rest? Maybe a bonus to raising stats of your Pokemon while leveling them up...I'm sure Game Freak would get a lot of money if they released a MMO of Pokemon xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pokémon Art Online, huehuehue.

It's so annoying that it matters so much who owns a franchise. Nintendo has a finger in every pokémon video game so far, right? GameFreak or not.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ah yeah, I'm sure if Nintendo ever let off grip of the franchise the fans would tear it apart. I mean, I can see Nintendo getting millions of letters everyday on what kind of stuff they should do next in Pokémon. And the worst part is, Nintendo also has several other franchises under its belt as well.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
They do. Well, I'm sure Nintendo does all the advertising and marketing stuff (I hope), so if they did go, then Game Freak would find it hard to make sufficient profit.

yay 2,001st post

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, that's true. Pokémon has changed quite a lot after the initial '96 and I believe many of the changes were compelled by this growing fandom. I guess Nintendo did do a good job with the marketing because Pokémon's become hugely popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back