• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pfft Drakow any faster Pokemon with a fighting type move could turn Hydreigon to scrap metal also Conkeldurr. Also Blissey can stall it out? idk not updated with competitive stuff atm

Duuuuuuuude. The basis of your argument is too generalized as it applies to all Pokemon - all Pokemon have weaknesses and counters. Hydreigon beats Conkeldurr one on one actually as it OHKO's with Draco Meteor and Mach Punch does around 70% of Hydreigon's health. Blissey usually can stall Hydreigon out but if it has Taunt, Hydreigon can beat it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah, Hydreigon is such an awesome Pokemon if you put all that effort in training your Deino.

I happen to use one on my main team, female with Docile nature.

Hydreigon may look so cool but I often have trouble saying it's name cos I don't understand German numbers.
You don't really pronounce the numbers really, I pronounce it Hy-dree-gun.

Also yeah focus blast basically decimates him hahaa.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah I can see that haha.

Also, what do you guys think the Eeveelutions are? I saw you talking about dogs earlier and I was wondering if they were actually canines or felines. I thought they were canine/fox like, but then Espeon looks like an all around feline.

Espeon.jpg

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I dunno... I'd have to say they're more cat than dog, but even so I really don't consider them to be cats in the way Meowth and Skitty are cats. Though you could make an argument for Flareon, at the very least, to be fox-like. Which can get confusing because we also have fox-like Fire types in Vulpix and Ninetales, lol

At the very least, Jolteon and Espeon are the most cat-like of the bunch, at least IMO.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah Flareon for fox kind of thing would be right I guess, but idk I also classified Umbreon in that because he is so lean and swift and kind of has this posture too.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
I consider them more feline than anything. I just don't get how the Eeveelutions could be taken as canines, although everyone has their own opinion.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Eeveelutions are...Pokemon with four feet! :3
Yeah, I don't really know what they're supposed to be based from. They do look a lot like felines though!

EDIT: also i forget, does vaporeon have 4 feet?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I can't say I ever thought about what real animal the Eeveelutions would equate to, but I definitely agree they'd be feline over canine.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Umbreon is definitely a dog.
Jolteon looks very much like a cat.
Espeon is the most cat-like.
Vaporeon comes in a close second.
Flareon looks more like a fox to me, as does Glaceon.
Leafeon is definitely a cat.

I agree, they're more feline.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay this is something that I've been thinking about for a long time now. Wailord is huge, right? Weighs 877.4 pounds! Wow that's a lot of pounds! Except oh wait...the animal its based on is 400,000 pounds.

Similarly, Pokemon such as Ledyba, based on a teeny tiny ladybug, is 3 feet tall. Reuniclus is even worse as a cell is microscopic. Do you think they'll ever take a truly massive Pokemon and make it match how big it should be? Or, probably more likely, make a really tiny Pokemon because the thing it was based on is really tiny?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Probably not. I know that in Battle Revolution they tried to "scale" the size of the Pokemon models so, say, Rattata looks minuscule if you pair it up with something like Groudon in a double battle. And I noticed they were even trying to do that to some degree in B/W. If they applied that principle to extremes in size, you'd either have the huge Pokemon completely blocking the view of the other Pokemon, or the small Pokemon would be so tiny you wouldn't be able to see it in battle.

Of course this is the series where certain species of mice/rats are larger than certain species of cats, so "size-correctness" doesn't seem to be too big a concern for the franchise anyway xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I personally wouldn't want that. Not only does it causes complications in battling, I also don't want really tiny Pokemon. ):

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Eeveelutions are...Pokemon with four feet! :3
Yeah, I don't really know what they're supposed to be based from. They do look a lot like felines though!

EDIT: also i forget, does vaporeon have 4 feet?

...yes, Vaporeon have four feet.

I agree, tiny Pokémon wouldn't be too good. It'd be easy enough to step on a Joltik, let alone something smaller.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
There's some things I don't get... how come one Pansear is the only elemental monkey who can learn an elemental punch, which is Fire Punch. Why can't Panpour learn Ice Punch and why can't Pansage learn ThunderPunch. It came to my mind when I looked up Pansear's egg move list. It learns Fire Punch if bred with I forgot who. SO how come Panpour can Aqua Tail from a Floatzel but not Ice Punch from a Floatzel that knows it?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well, it makes sense that it wouldn't be able to learn ice punch because isn't an ice type. I know Floatzel isn't one either, but that doesn't take away the fact that it would make sense if it couldn't learn it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
And it makes no sense to me why a Grass type should learn an electric type attack. Just because there might be a couple grass types that can doesn't mean that every Grass type can be shooting off electricity.

(I don't believe we have a Grass/Electric type Pokemon yet... but I don't profess to know every single 5th gen Pokemon, either.)

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well, they have Wood Hammer and Power Whip which are good enough physical Grass type attacks already. Besides, Grass isn't an element so it would kind of take away the meaning of 'elemental punches'. I know it can be related to earth but that would probably translate more into Rock Punch lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well there are lots of other physical Fire moves, doesn't make Fire Punch obsolete :P Plus Wood Hammer and Power Whip are way more powerful than the punches so it's not the same thing! Horn Leech is closer but not quite there.

Plus if you notice Wood Hammer can only be learned by Pokemon involved with wood, like Sudowoodo, and Power Whip can only be learned by Pokemon with vines except for Lickitung (ew). A Grass-type punch would fill a spot that isn't filled yet, for Pokemon that are humanoid and need a physical grass move.

The name is kinda dumb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back