• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #22 - Favorite Region

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Honestly, the only one I actually feel really attached to is Sinnoh. I don't mind Kanto and Shinto but I played them so much I'm just really, really bored of them. I always hated Hoenn. I like Unova but the (albeit few) caves really, really annoyed me. It gained lots of points for having no surf, but in the end it just wasn't very interesting. None of the cities really captivated me and I only remember a handful of them geographically... nevermind the whopping two that I can name off the top of my head. <_<;

But Sinnoh. <3 I enjoyed every city/town there and there's only one or two regions I didn't like. I just really love almost every thing about it.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Easily Kanto is my favorite region. It to this day holds all of the original mystery of pokemon, with still many unanswered questions about it's history.

I always liked Viridian City the best. A quiet little city that holds (and hides) the secrets of the last gym, as well as it's the goal destination of all champions.

Years
    Out of all the regions, I like the geography of Hoenn the best. The region seemed to be more about nature than big cities, which I enjoyed. I also liked the layout of the map more than the other regions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Hoenn because it was the first region I played in a Pokemon video game. Unova and Sinnoh come in close.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    Johto. Always had a nostalgic feel for me as my first game was Gold. Many towns always seem to appeal to me on there too, Azalea, Mahogany, Olivine etc...

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Hoenn, mainly because of all the water. It had a nice mixture of volcanoes and forests, and it gave off a very natural feel. Not exactly farming, but moreover a tropical resort in a way.

So behind that, in order: Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto, Unova.

Years
    I loved Hoenn because this is the first region that I played in. I also loved the Mirage Island part, yet I couldn't figure out how to get there lol... I know now of course! I also heard that if the rocket part got to the number 100 then you could go into space and get Deoxys or Jirachi. I got to 150 and I was like... >:0 "LIARS!". But it was still pretty fun to see if it was true. Like some other people said I also wish you could see what was on the islands!!!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    To me it has always been Jotho, not only beacause the immense nostalgia I get from GSC but also because of the region itself. I mean, I would live there if I could no sweat. I can totally see myself exploring the Slopoke well, beating all the gymleaders, catching Swinub, Smeargle, Dunsparce and more of favourite 2nd gen pokémon. Yea Johto FTW!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Johto most definitely. It is by far the prettiest and most picturesque region, and I love what it has to offer in terms of legends and history. Also, it has an old traditional quality that makes me feel like it's been largely untouched by time. Also, nostalgia.

In second place would be Kanto, just because I feel like that's where it all began and it's like the starter region. It is basic cable and the other regions are the extra channel packages.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Johto's my favourite region. It has my favourite Pokémon, and my fondest memories of playing Pokémon games are from Gold and SoulSilver. Although Kanto comes a close second, because it was the first region I played in, and you can visit it in Gen. II too, so it's probably the region I've spent the most time in.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    I prefer Hoenn over all of the others because of the variety - it's got Deserts, Volcanoes, Water... Hot Springs... everything. Also I put quite a few hours into the game, so my opinion is probably slightly biased. I also really like the Pokémon there. The I only thing that I don't LOVE, but still like, is the music. But I don't think that matters too much, at least it is tolerable.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Hoenn for the exact same reason as pellipermail. So much variety and I love beaches. The whole weather theme is pretty cool. Plus my two favourite pokemon are from Hoenn. (Spinda/Mawile)

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    I like Hoenn the best. I believe it to be the most scenic region, with the most variety of different and unique places to go. Also, I like all of the different weather in Hoenn, and the tropicality of the region. It's so beautiful.

Johto comes in at second on my list, with Unova is a close third.

Back