• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GlitchCity

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Pokémon GlitchCity
    Hack of
    Pokémon GlitchCity

I'm .com. You may or may not know me, whether by someperson2008 or not. Basically, I started this hack in August 2008. I released an alpha and a beta, and then went on break from it, to work on other hacks of mine, which I have been doing. I recently restarted the hack, on FireRed again(obviously), actually just tonight(June 7th,2009), and let's see how the hack turns out when it's finished.

Though very outdated, for anything for reference, the previous thread is here.
    There basically are no total storyline changes from that of FireRed. This hack implements certain glitches(for the most part, the glitch cities, hence the name), and rumors, for the sake of nostalgia. Other things will be put in, glitch or not, from anything to small tweaks in the game to music and Internet memes/references. Either way, I hope you enjoy the hack!

Also:
    In the previous thread, the story was based around a building in Virdian burning down. It's no longer anything like that. I used that as a workaround because I could only map and make new map events way back then, basically as a newbie, not a total n00b-ish person. The shrine system is here to stay as the way to get to glitch cities now.
    - Rumors! (Pikablu, Bill's Secret Garden, Mist Stone, etc.)
    - Glitch Pokémon! (Missingno., 'M, LM4, etc.)
    - Sick nasty items! (Cascadebadge, Surfboard, etc.), if implementable

Videos

Support Banners/Userbars
    Spoiler:

Future Plans
    - Spoofing up the thread
    - Adding finishing touches to areas, so I can screenshot them and post the shots
    - Releasing the preview soon(very)
    varial295 - Beta tester

Wanted
    Pokémon Inserter

Form
    Name -
    Job Wanted -
    Contact -
    Proof(optional) -

Send all forms to me via PM or VM

Thanks for visiting the thread! \m/

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    The concept of this Hack is actually quite
    Unique, but will you change the OW Sprites for this?

Maybe you should actually add a story for this, and it would be even better!
    (Maybe having a new Glitch Region + RBGY Glitch Cities?)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I haven't seen something like this in a loooonnnng time. I guess that mapping is optional.lol. anyway you should put a story for this very unique hack. you might be able to explain why this glitch world exists. I hope that this gets finished.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    The concept of this Hack is actually quite
    Unique, but will you change the OW Sprites for this?

Maybe you should actually add a story for this, and it would be even better!
    (Maybe having a new Glitch Region + RBGY Glitch Cities?)
    Well, the main point I started the hack was to have a fully playable FireRed, but just implement what I can glitch-wise. Eventually, the glitch cities will become a sub-region though, as I'll connect them all in some way. Thanks.

LOL :D that's idea :D a glitch hack :D :D
    When ya think about it all hackers hate glitch and ya make hack of it :D
    Good luck for sure :D
    lol. well I think a lot of people are interested in glitches, including me, so that's what I think will draw people to play the hack. The old thread didn't go over too bad, so now when I actually can do a lot more besides bad mapping, I can do more in the hack, and broaden the audience. Gracias. xD

I haven't seen something like this in a loooonnnng time. I guess that mapping is optional.lol. anyway you should put a story for this very unique hack. you might be able to explain why this glitch world exists. I hope that this gets finished.
    Like I said to Number Price, my goal is to just have the glitches as a subregion, and still have it as a playable FireRed. Maybe in the long run I could make it still fully playable, but make every city a glitch city, with similar layouts? It's all been a WIP idea-wise since I restarted, and even started the hack. Thanks.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    Nice hack idea
    But to make this work you've to make the areas real glitchy messes, not just change a block or two since then it looks like ugly map but when it's all glitchy it works fine.
    Example screenshot of Pokemon Crystal World
    Pokémon GlitchCity

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like the idea, but I'm gonna have to say I could never play in one of your glitch city.

I'm not sure whether I have a solution to that problem, maybe its just my personal opinion. Maybe I would prefer some order to it (like tree tiles = grass, ledge = bush) or something but then that kind of ruins the point XD.

Anyway, good luck this time around! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Nice hack idea
    But to make this work you've to make the areas real glitchy messes, not just change a block or two since then it looks like ugly map but when it's all glitchy it works fine.
    Example screenshot of Pokemon Crystal World
    Pokémon GlitchCity
    Well, what's shown right now in the screenshots is a remap of the original Safari Zone glitch city from RBGY, and I'm remapping the cities RBGY had first before I make original ones. My original ones will be a lot more glitchy than RBGY's, eventually.

Man if he does that then we won't be able to play xD

I like the idea, but I'm gonna have to say I could never play in one of your glitch city.

I'm not sure whether I have a solution to that problem, maybe its just my personal opinion. Maybe I would prefer some order to it (like tree tiles = grass, ledge = bush) or something but then that kind of ruins the point XD.

Anyway, good luck this time around! :D

it depends on map data where you can walk not blocks :P

It's mostly just for show. Some of the movement permissions will be funky, but I'm most likely just going to make most of the tiles to be covered by the Hero, so it's not as messy. If all doesn't go well for you, the shrine is there for a reason, to get back.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Well, I generally liked the first thread etc. But, now, this is looking even sexier ;). I like the general originality of the hack and the screen are looking brilliant, well done. Need any scripting help etc. just ask ;)

EDIT: OMFG STFU YOU n00b I just got 3000 posts ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Well, I generally liked the first thread etc. But, now, this is looking even sexier ;). I like the general originality of the hack and the screen are looking brilliant, well done. Need any scripting help etc. just ask ;)

EDIT: OMFG STFU YOU n00b I just got 3000 posts ;)
    xD. Gracias.

This looks very nice, Keep it up :P
    Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Well, it's different. ._. I guess that's always a good thing. At least it's not like alot of these another re-makes of re-makes being passed around.
    Well, I really have nothing against remakes, but yeah, there definately has been a lot around in the past while. =P. And that's np, it's just nice feedback to know people's opinions, good or not.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Are you planning on replicating the out of bound glitch-ups like they were in RBY? (Well obviously not by making the game crash but perhaps with some kind of script to replace it?)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Are you planning on replicating the out of bound glitch-ups like they were in RBY? (Well obviously not by making the game crash but perhaps with some kind of script to replace it?)
    To a point I could, and a script to replicate them wouldn't be complicated or anything. The only problem would be funky map connections. I could add Mystery Zones like in DPPt, just as a map simulating a border block. I could also just add easter eggs in the Mystery Zones, that you need to cheat to get to, with walk through walls. xD

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
    To a point I could, and a script to replicate them wouldn't be complicated or anything. The only problem would be funky map connections. I could add Mystery Zones like in DPPt, just as a map simulating a border block. I could also just add easter eggs in the Mystery Zones, that you need to cheat to get to, with walk through walls. xD

Sounds Good, And Getting Walk Through Walls Wouldn't Be Too Hard Either...

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Sounds Good, And Getting Walk Through Walls Wouldn't Be Too Hard Either...
    Thanks. and I decided to throw that idea. I'd rather have legit things in the hack you can access without cheating.

Hey, if you plan to make a game totally based on pokemon glitches, here is a useful link:
    https://trsrockin.com/tales.html
    NOTE: I don't own this site, but it really helped me back in the days I was glitch-hunting in Red. Bulbapedia also has information on the Missingnoz, but I believe this is more reliable.
    Thanks, but I've already seen it all. I used to like... study those sites haha not too long ago. But yeah, I've learned a lot from those sites, and I plan to implement what I can of what is shown that came about from a glitch.

And just anyone wondering about the preview, I'm kind of set back because I couldn't work on the hack for a week. Once I get back in the routine of what I'm doing with all my hacks, I'll finish the preview, which shouldn't be long at all.

Back