• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gold GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I love the screens but the rocks behind the ladders looks a little funny....and the second screen has a green mark above and right of the ladder

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Maneachicken said:
    Nice way to click the post button twice! Yeah... Good point. You would need a custom tile for it ASGO?

Keep it up!
    Whoops! Sorry, I didn't know... My computer was giving me crap at the time, it didn't load when I clicked the first time. (Fixes problem)
    As_Stars_Go_Out, I don't mind. Can't expect you to have everything done at once. Do the Ruins whenever you feel like it, I can wait! Good job so far, and good luck completing it! Somehow, I get the feeling that this will be the greatest ROM hack evah!!!!

Last edited:

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    more screens i just finished the first floor of union cave :):

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks great! I have one thing to say though. The Ilex Forest map could use some little trees, like the ones that could be headbutted. Here is a small tree graphic you could use: Pokémon Gold GBA

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    As_Stars_Go_Out said:
    more screens i just finished the first floor of union cave :):

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

As stars go out you are perfect at making this great job**bows down to royalty**

Edit:Would it be able to trade with ruby/sapphire if I put this on a flash cart

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    thanks for the comments i am working on the national park at the moment i have almost completly finished mapping outside johto and i am currently working on the caves forests and such :) more screens later :) x

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
    Years
  • muckers said:
    I would think day and night will be a scripting issue - something that'd be added by someone else, when the hack is reaching it's final stages.

Does FR use an internal clock? I'm sure someone with scripting experience could easily change Pokemon sets on certain routes for when it's supposed to be night...

I would imagine that would simply be a 2-case statement?

Fire Red doesn't have a clock at all if I recall correctly, hence why Eevee can't evolve into Espeon and Umbreon at all. You'd have to use Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald? to do that.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I think that FR doesn't have clock, and eevee can't evolve (Esp&Umb), same for pokemon sets. But for eevee, evolution can be easily changed by scripting/hex/Pokémon Amplifier (not sure about FR).

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Heh, great work so far, As_Stars_Go_Out. Ilex Forest could use some headbutt trees, at the least. Also, it will be difficult to add in a time system, let alone a day/night system, seeing as how FRLG doesn't have an internal clock. Anyway, keep up the good work! ^_^

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    im just working on maps at the moment i am hoping someone else who is really good at scripts so if anyone wants to just ask me :)

Pokémon Gold GBA

ruins of alpha image as asked for :)

Coco CrisP

Beginning hacker, suck at hex.
    Years
  • As Stars Go Out, you are the greatest mapper EVER!!!!! Yea, can i see a screen of that ice cave ( forgot the name but i think u noe wat i mean). Keep up the great work.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I think you put a one to many trees.........and dont forget to make the tree able 2 headbutt so we can get pokes......

Blackandy

Rock On!
    Years
  • As_Stars_Go_Out this hack is awsome. If you could add the ''Headbut tree'' thing that would be great. Too bad this isn't a Ruby hack you could just change the Secret power TM:D

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
    Years
  • Black@ndy said:
    As_Stars_Go_Out this hack is awsome. If you could add the ''Headbut tree'' thing that would be great. Too bad this isn't a Ruby hack you could just change the Secret power TM:D

But if he did, then the secret bases would have to be removed... :(

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    screens of the ice path as asked for :) i just finished the first floor im so close to finishing the maps i can taste it mmmmmmmm tastes like watermelon :) x

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back