• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokémon Gold/Silver Spaceworld 1997 Demo info

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    A couple of updates. First off, I know that my website is acting up. It's just not displaying the html pages in Safari. If you view the source of the pages, everything is still there. I just republished the entire site & that didn't fix it >_< I'm going to call Apple's MobileMe support on Monday

Second, some of the earliest Pokémon Gold/Silver artwork came from this magazine cover

https://web.me.com/celebi23/Spaceworld_97_Pokemon/Game_Review_Volume_14_files/game14.gif

No scans from the magazine itself exist. That might change soon. I did a search on Google & came up with

https://ameblo.jp/trio-the-punch/entry-10332216419.html
    https://ameblo.jp/trio-the-punch/image-10332216419-10243930367.html

It looks like the guy has a whole collection of these magazines. I sent him a message (yay Google Translate >_< ) asking if he actually has that issue & if he could scan it & then email me the scans. Will keep you guys updated

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    Do you HAVE this ROM?
    I didn't quite understand this, is it actaully released or scheduled?

Anyone, this is really cool!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    You know I'm very interested in this sort of stuff. The things you will find in Betas is incredible. The original Pokemon Red/Blue was filled with crazy stuff in the beta. Even after production, Pokemon Gold/Silver still had Beta maps, and one of my favorite songs from the Gen II games. I've actually posted it for download on this same forum.

Now I saw a thread posted a long time ago (Sadly, it's now closed), which mildly proved Jirachi was a Beta Pokemon for Gold/Silver. Now although this seems a bit far fetched, take this into consideration; Gastrodon was originally going to be in Gen III, but was moved to Sinnoh. The Jirachi could be obtained through a rediculous cheat of some sort, and it was rock/flying, perhaps to give the conception of a meteor. My guess would be that it would be common at night in mountainous areas. Although many people believe it is fake, crazier things have happened in the Pokemon World. Mew cheat, Pomeg glitch, and the aforementioned Gastrodon.

Anyways hoped that tidbit of info helped! ^_^

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    So theres no BETA rom

I have been researching a LOT
    and there were lots of beta maps and ditched graphics of gold and silver
    why the all look so cool

but then again if they used those betas then we'd be looking at the ones that are on it ( which would beta) and think they were cool

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I could hack FireRed or Gold/Silver, and try to recreate this demo based on information, but I'm not very good, so it would take me a while to make that kind of hack.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Wowza ! :0 So many changed !

From the map screenies , I think that all these graphics were better in the demo . Dunno why , :/ just looks beter ! :D

Back