• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon government?

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    A lively discussion we had on Bulbagarden, yet it hasn't been echoed anywhere else. What administrative body do you think would be applicable? Would the EU have a Pokémon training law division, would there be a separate agency that controlled training around the world?

From how I looked at it, the governments of each developed country that allowed it would have its own department dedicated to legislating training for a set amount of countries. These could include tournaments, safety codes for Gyms, possibly an extension of the FDA in the United States to deal with supplements such as Protein and Rare Candy, and possibly an extension to the EPA to control attacking and bodily powers.

So how would you say the Pokémon world is administered? Conjure your thoughts and ideas for the idealistic Pokémon government here!

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I better just give my two cents on the Pokémon world government.

In the Pokémon anime timeline, the government that exists is called the World Alliance. The World Alliance is run by a President, much like our country is (not a Bush, however). As for military, there is POCE (pronounced like "Poké), or the Peacekeeper Organization of Commanding Elites. POCE specializes in using armies of high-tech robots to protect the planet. Look for both or references of both in my Pokémon fanfics.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Sunflorazumarill said:
    I better just give my two cents on the Pokémon world government.

In the Pokémon anime timeline, the government that exists is called the World Alliance. The World Alliance is run by a President, much like our country is (not a Bush, however). As for military, there is POCE (pronounced like "Poké), or the Peacekeeper Organization of Commanding Elites. POCE specializes in using armies of high-tech robots to protect the planet. Look for both or references of both in my Pokémon fanfics.
    Hey cool, where did you get that information?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I guess my theory is like Sunflorazumarill's, but instead of POCE, there is an actual military force stationed in every continent (or country).

So in the case of Kanto/Jhoto, it's Lt. Surge in Vermilion City.

I guess there needs to be a military force in case one country goes "rogue" and decides to take control by defeating the Alliance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I hope that in real life that there is never an world government. Wich is really closer than most people think it is. Any way, the govement is pokemon well, I really don't care for. So they could be in a state of anrachy and I think it really whould not matter on the main plot line....

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I believe the government to be something along the lines of a benevolent dictatorship or monarchy, simply for the need of immediate regulation of the body of Trainers worldwide. A democratic governemnt, as ideal as it would be, lacks the efficiency to adaquately achieve this goal. The only other way to achieve the needed efficiency would be complete martial law, which there is far less (if any) support for.

An anarchy doesn't work either, as a), if it was unsuccessful, it would devolve into a facist state or b), if it was, there would be no regulatory body for Trainers, whch there obviously is, given canon anime.

Guest123_x1

I responded originally in an earlier thread

I believe that individual leagues like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc. are each governed by their own voter-elected board of directors, usually consisting of several trustees, a secretary (appointed in some leagues), treasurer, vice president (appointed in some leagues), and a president. Some league boards' seats are districted (much like state legislatures' seats), while others are elected at-large. Many rules governing trainers, or gyms within a league are set by the league's Board of Directors.

-ottermi619-
    Guess you could say my idea of a league being governed by a board of directors is similar to a local school district's board of education.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    True. Also, in reference to Lt Surge, he was a war hero, who fought with his Raichu. Which means, in the Pokemon world, the army uses Pokemon in their armies. Probably means the soldiers are even more highly trained, cos not only do they have to battle other trainers, but probably Pokemon attacks as well. You'd have to be tough to survive.

Also, that meant a war had happened some time ago. No real details have been mentioned about it, only the war happened.

Back