• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.3 Released 05/12/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Hmm I wonder if the issues you are experiencing are specific to the emulator you are using: I checked the stairs you were experiencing the bug at (using the visualboy advance-M 2.1.4 emulator) and was perfectly able to use them. Granted, these specific stairs have a minor visual glitch of making the character appear walking through grass, but nothing major on my end. Similarly, saving works fine on this emulator.
    I'd suggest changing emulator and see whether the issues you are experiencing are still ocurring. Also check if you are using the newest version of GS Chronicles. The maker is very busy with developing the Kanto section from what I can read, so asking them to fix something ASAP might not be appreciated with so many other things to focus on.

So far I can say I have played through this game all the way to the 7th gym last week, while encountering no game breaking bugs, which I think is impressive given the amount of content. Yes the texts contain some typo's and grammar issues but again, this is low priority and can wait until other core elements of the game are finished (Kanto).
    I am truly impressed by this game, as it actually includes things to the Jotho region I always wanted: increased difficulty and a larger variety of pokemon to base my team on. The rides system is great as well, and I find myself for the first time making full use of all my team members, instead of having a single one or two for battling and the rest being HM slaves. I hope to give more in depth feedback once I have finished this game.

It's possible, I decided to give up on the game for now, maybe it was my emulator (I also have pizzaboy pro), I did have the latest version of the game, so that wasn't the problem.

The storyline is fine of course but it's old... Something I already done. Guess I'm getting burned out looking for fresh ideas and stories in a ROM back.

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    :( :(
    I thought the updated rom will be much okay na...
    I can't even call in the pokegear :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Where can I find the Big Nuggets in this game? Is there anyway I can grab a tons of them?

Big Nuggets are obtained (apparently) by showing the Fisherman at Lake of Rage Giant Magikarp. Catch six, save your game. Then show him and not down the sizes. Reload the save, then show sequentially larger Magikarp for the most Nuggets. (This is on the Discord, if you join it!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    Played the Dark Violet too, I can sense that it's on par or maybe better than that hack

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    It's possible, I decided to give up on the game for now, maybe it was my emulator (I also have pizzaboy pro), I did have the latest version of the game, so that wasn't the problem.

The storyline is fine of course but it's old... Something I already done. Guess I'm getting burned out looking for fresh ideas and stories in a ROM back.
    Story is changed a lot

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Hi love the game only started playing and got past the second gym but can't use the key item for getting past trees, so I can't get any further than the Forrest 😔 any ideas how I can fix this ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hi love the game only started playing and got past the second gym but can't use the key item for getting past trees, so I can't get any further than the Forrest 😔 any ideas how I can fix this ?

Rides don't work on eclipse glitch on emulator and delta doesn't have RTC so try gba4ios

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Having an issue with the Rides system. In my favor, but I figured you might want to know.

As far as I know, the Bright Ride (Flash) is supposed to require the Violet Gym Badge, correct? I was able to use it before acquiring the badge.
    More concerningly, after acquiring the Azalea Gym Badge, I was able to use the Sharp Ride (Cut)... before actually acquiring the Sharp Ride.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Okay, normally I really, really hate double-posting, but now I have an *actual balance concern*.

Because something is very, very wrong with this game when a Mega Feraligatr of Equal Level does less than half of a Blissey's HP in damage with Brick Break. What in the actual hell is happening here? It's not a berry. My Also-Equal-Level Aggron did less than a quarter of its health with Rock Slide.

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
  • what nature is your Aggron? and the Mega Feraligatr? that could change things up a lot. i always aim for ideal natures such as Adamant for Aggron or Totodile to get the best offensive outcome. if they don't have Attack-boosting natures, that could be the reason.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Hey, I love your game a lot, but I encountered a bug, I can't use Rock Climb in route 46 and 47 even though I have a Metagross in my team

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    I also found a bug I think the Alakazam with synchronize ability passes on his nature to every pokemon you meet if he is the first pokemon in your party. I realized this because my Alakazam (quirky) was my first pokemon on the party and every pokemon I catch keep coming up with quirky.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    May I ask, where can I find scyther? Thanks

Bug contest

Hey, I love your game a lot, but I encountered a bug, I can't use Rock Climb in route 46 and 47 even though I have a Metagross in my team

Try using shuckle

Okay, normally I really, really hate double-posting, but now I have an *actual balance concern*.

Because something is very, very wrong with this game when a Mega Feraligatr of Equal Level does less than half of a Blissey's HP in damage with Brick Break. What in the actual hell is happening here? It's not a berry. My Also-Equal-Level Aggron did less than a quarter of its health with Rock Slide.

Blissey has quite a lot hp and maybe those mons were ev trained

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a list for where TMs and other items are located?
    Not yet but in future it will be there if on discord you can ask tm locations there

I also found a bug I think the Alakazam with synchronize ability passes on his nature to every pokemon you meet if he is the first pokemon in your party. I realized this because my Alakazam (quirky) was my first pokemon on the party and every pokemon I catch keep coming up with quirky.

As said synchronize causes it if you don't want this I think put someone else in the front

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    Hello! I love playing this hack. Any neww doc about type changes and BST? I have caught a miltank which wasn't fairy

Back