• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
  • Ah, you misunderstood me :)

The thing is, you may or may not have seen, we already have ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY ONE pokemon. Adding more, to me, is just overkill. Its not like we lack fakemon completely, we just dont want overkill.

And adding more after we've finished, in my opinion, is overkill.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    That's why I said only a few fakemon would be good. I completely understand your opinion here. Being close to Johto and Kanto doesn't mean you have to have all the same Pokemon. A few fakemon, like the starters maybe some random and a few legendary won't hurt at all. This is just how I see it, though.
    Hmm.. that seems like a nice idea, few fakemon and some of kanto and johto pokemon, that could be nice.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Well, im one of thoes people who dislike fakemon. (actually, I dislike new generations too- I usually just hack away to get my normal team of charmander, totodile and tyranitar)

so having originals makes me interested in this.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Well,with that being said,Kanto had its own original pokemon, as did Johto have its own originals with a few traversing from Kanto.So Emort is still allowed to have enough Original to create its own Dex, and then a National one like the official games.

EDIT:and if there are still more original pokemon, then it wouldn't give players a chance to have a varied team and move closer to an HGSS team.

Last edited:

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    For one, I don't think ANYBODY mentioned there should be 200+ fakemon or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure, everyone and myself, assumed it would be the 130 we already have+ the 25 that aqua made. Which, 155 doesn't sound too crazy to me, considering the first generation.

Much less, my main problem here is you using the geographical thing. Hmm, which am I going to find more fun, 25 new pokemon, or a "correct geographical understanding"?

I mean, I'm not saying the game won't be fun with older pokemon, or that how many you have right now isn't fine, but your reasoning of fun is a bit "off".

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • For one, I don't think ANYBODY mentioned there should be 200+ fakemon or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure, everyone and myself, assumed it would be the 130 we already have+ the 25 that aqua made. Which, 155 doesn't sound too crazy to me, considering the first generation.

Much less, my main problem here is you using the geographical thing. Hmm, which am I going to find more fun, 25 new pokemon, or a "correct geographical understanding"?

I mean, I'm not saying the game won't be fun with older pokemon, or that how many you have right now isn't fine, but your reasoning of fun is a bit "off".

Yeah, I'd agree with your statement, although I would see the cut off point for new pokemon to be at 160 otherwise it seems like an overkill.

Starrcasm

Years
  • For one, I don't think ANYBODY mentioned there should be 200+ fakemon or anything like that.

Hmm....allow me to further clarify. You're right, nobody mentioned anything about 200+ fakemon. Not me, not you, not anyone. So why'd you bring it up?

And yes, I thought everyone assumed that. I assumed that, and you assumed that, but there were a few posts that said stuff like "only a few fakes, starters, legendaries" and i wanted to clarify that we still had roughly the same amount as the 3rd generation.

And considering the first generation was 151 is a bit odd...considering pokemon like geodude and zubat and magikarp appeared in every "japanese" pokemon region. If you discount all the ones that have appeared in all four regions, then Kanto's down to about 130ish as well.

Also, this game is more than just "fun". You'll find the game fun whether we have 131 pokemon or 156 pokemon; lets be perfectly honest here. However, the game has more of a realist feel to it than other pokemon games, and that's one of our selling points that I'm not just about to sell short.

Johto's pokedex consisted of over 250 pokemon. HUGE! They used EVERY SINGLE old pokemon because geographically they were right next to eachother. Emort's just as close, but i've decided not to bring another 251 pokemon into our dex, that wouldnt be fair to our fakemon. So I planned it so that we'd have 131 fakemon and 70 real pokemon to end the dex at 201, a nice round number.

Then i hear of 25 new fakes that Aquakip thought up out of the blue, and I decided against that, something i have the right to do as the leader of the project. He doesnt like that I said no, so he posted here, and now it seems like we're arguing.

Look.

Whether or not we use 25 more fakemon is an argument for another day. We're still working our tails off to bring you guys a demo by January 1st. So, I'd really like it if we could all just calm down for the next two weeks until we get out the demo. At that point we can fully discuss whether or not we want to add in 25 more species to an already large dex.

I thank you all for your time.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hmm....allow me to further clarify. You're right, nobody mentioned anything about 200+ fakemon. Not me, not you, not anyone. So why'd you bring it up?

And if we keep adding every fakemon idea that pops into his head, by the time the final game is done we'll have just about 5 full generations of Fakemon!

Johto's pokedex consisted of over 250 pokemon. HUGE! They used EVERY SINGLE old pokemon because geographically they were right next to eachother. Emort's just as close, but i've decided not to bring another 251 pokemon into our dex, that wouldnt be fair to our fakemon. So I planned it so that we'd have 131 fakemon and 70 real pokemon to end the dex at 201, a nice round number.

Then i hear of 25 new fakes that Aquakip thought up out of the blue, and I decided against that, something i have the right to do as the leader of the project. He doesnt like that I said no, so he posted here, and now it seems like we're arguing.

And yet, in my opinion, Johto had BY FAR the best pacing of introducing of new pokemon in routes. Despite that huge number, there was almost only 2-3 new pokemon on each route, if even.

To be honest, the only reason I bothered to respond to this reply was just that, despite you saying "the game will be fun no matter the number of pokemon" and treating it likes its not a big deal, if its not such a big deal then why not include them?

I think we're both in agreement too many pokemon is a bad thing, but this is only 25 new pokemon, and I think EVERYONE would agree more fakemon(specifically in a game that already has them) is better then less. I mean, each fakemon cry that I do takes me 30-45 minutes, times that by 25, thats an extra 12-18 hours for me to do, so its not like it doesn't affect me, but I'm perfectly fine with the extra work.

I think its worth noting however, that my opinion may be influenced by having seen the full dex already. But as far as thats concerned, I always felt it could use a bit more, and 15-25 more sounds perfect to me.

Yeah, I'd agree with your statement, although I would see the cut off point for new pokemon to be at 160 otherwise it seems like an overkill.

Ha, thats kind of ironic, I actually wrote exactly that in my post, but deleted it cause I didn't want to make starmyt have to reply to so much. But yeah, 160 is a pretty good number to not go over.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Like Starrmyt said, we should just revisit this next year, after the demo is released. ^_^ I have no comments on anything. I shall PM you Rickyboy.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • I just wanted to remind everyone of the upcoming Demo Release.

January 1st, 2011

And as another reminder, I will tell you some of the things featured in the demo.

+ Starting Island of Emort (Oriole Town, Route 301, Whimbrel Town, Route 302, and Whimbrel Gardens)
    +Full storyline leading off of the island
    +21 fakemon
    +in-game trade
    +Six important Battles (e.g. rival, gyms, etc.)
    +Black/White styled graphics
    +Actual environmental Battle backgrounds

And this doesn't sum everything up, of course. There's more.

SO REMEMBER THE DATE.

Years
  • That's a pretty impressive list of features there, Aqua.
    I'm hoping the demo can come on time, but there's no need for anyone to feel rushed. I'm sure most of us would have the best
    quality demo that a team can produce as opposed to something that was thrown together quickly (just an example).
    As for myself, I'll wait as long as you guys need, because I'm sure this game can become something great. ;)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • This is one of the games that really interest me around here. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to playing that demo. :)

Starrcasm

Years
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has arrived. In just a few short minutes it will be 12 midnight on the new year in EST.

However, we won't be releasing the game until midday. So check back in roughly 12 hours, and then you'll be able to enjoy Pokemon Helio Version, in all its demo splendor! :D

Seriously though, you're all going to love it :))

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has arrived. In just a few short minutes it will be 12 midnight on the new year in EST.

However, we won't be releasing the game until midday. So check back in roughly 12 hours, and then you'll be able to enjoy Pokemon Helio Version, in all its demo splendor! :D

Seriously though, you're all going to love it :))
    OMG! YAY! thanks for the info Starrmyt!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back