• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Could I maybe implore you to implement Pret's RTC reset function? I just got past Norman but my RTC is pretty much totally broken. Daily events like the Mauville Game Corner daily bottle caps event being totally broken for me and checking the bedroom clock shows it being about 12 hours off. I'm not getting any "battery run dry" messages at the save file screen so I think it could have to do with the fact that I migrated from playing on an emulator to my 3DS using the virtual console injects. I'd just like to have a way to fix my save file so that I can continue collecting bottle caps without having to reset all my progress. I understand enabling the RTC reset function could seem a bit cheaty, but I hope you'd at least consider it. I tried editing my save file first with a little bit of poking and prodding at my save file in a hex editor but I think I'm a bit in over my head in that regard.
    That's an issue with either god mode 9 or the virtual console; it'll fix itself eventually, though it might take a day or two. I don't really want to deal with any issues that may arise from adding a way to change the clock in game, that's a major change that would require a lot of testing. You can also get caps from several repeatable sources that aren't time based now, no need to abuse the clock over and over just for the two in the game corner.
    Do you have an idea of when the Gen 8 functionality of Rare Candies for Lv. 100 Pokemon will probably be added? I made the mistake of getting the starters from the Game Corner after obtaining my final badge and so I can't evolve any of them.

Edit: Just realized I missed the Odd Keystone in the Sandstrewn Ruins, is there another way to get it?
    Nope, it's done when it's done! I might just add the buggy version back in and make people level up the "level up with item" evos without candies for a while, as that was the only issue with that code.
    You can still get to the ruins via the desert underpass, so you haven't missed the Odd Keystone!
    This is a great hack. I was reluctant to try it because I never particularly liked the RSE games but this hack is a considerable improvement over the original. It has a lot of things that make Radical Red likable but I'm happy to not play through Kanto again for the 1000th time. I think I'll give this a second go when the generation eight Pokemon are added.
    Thanks! Glad it breathed some new life into Hoenn for you!
    So I'm guessing that means that pokemon that you buy from the Game Corner can be shiny as well?
    Of course!
    I've been having a lot of fun with this game, but I keep having random crashes. I'm doing a bug only run, and it was going well for a while (after 6 or 7 crashes in the beginning), but it randomly crashed again. I lost a few hours of progress.

I'm using mGBA, and after not crashing since the May fight, it crashed when fighting the Aromatisse (I believe it used Misty Terrain).

So in addition to reporting the crashes, I would also like to ask if there is a way to cheat in some rare candies so I can at least save some time having to grind all over again.
    The Misty Terrain crash is something a few people have run into now, I'm hoping I'll have it fixed for next version. Only happens when the AI uses it, which is weird. Do you remember what any of the other crashes were? Some people have random crashes, but most people have no problems (other than bugs like the misty terrain one). If they're random crashes you could try changing some emulator settings (maybe the renderer?), but if they can be recreated some more information would be appreciated.

I won't ever be making cheat codes, but there's a patch on the discord that gives you lots of rare candies, among other things.
    Yay, though I barely scratched the surface of the buffed mons. I didn't try out many mons that can be caught past the early routes. With not wanting to grind too much and hitting level 100 by the E4, I just stuck with a small pool of mons.

More playthroughs should see more experimenting, I intend to do Monotype runs.
    Congrats! Good to see a Sunflora, how'd it do? Not too strong or too weak I hope?
    is shinx supposed to not get any damaging electric attacks until 14? that seems like an over sight
    You'll have to ask Game Freak on that one, though I see they finally gave it thunder shock in gen 8.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Congrats! Good to see a Sunflora, how'd it do? Not too strong or too weak I hope?

It was just fine, its main use was reversing the opposing side's weather effect. I got more out of flinch haxing with Togekiss, which is something you can do in any old Pokemon game with it available, and CurseLax. Giving Lax Slack Off makes it more cracked, I was solo sweeping several trainers with it, having 1 slot for Slack Off instead of Rest or 2 slots for RestTalk is such a simple, yet insane change. CurseLax destroyed Shelly and Maxie in Seafloor Cavern for example.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    The Misty Terrain crash is something a few people have run into now, I'm hoping I'll have it fixed for next version. Only happens when the AI uses it, which is weird. Do you remember what any of the other crashes were? Some people have random crashes, but most people have no problems (other than bugs like the misty terrain one). If they're random crashes you could try changing some emulator settings (maybe the renderer?), but if they can be recreated some more information would be appreciated.

I won't ever be making cheat codes, but there's a patch on the discord that gives you lots of rare candies, among other things.

Great, I will check that out! Thanks!

As far as the other crashes, they appeared to be completely random. I will say I never got past the May fight. I did a bunch of different things (made sure mGBA was up to date, did some windows updates, updated all my drivers) and stepped away for a few hours, and when I came back, it seemed fine. It was likely an issue with one of those things, and then the Misty Terrain crash is just a known one. My fault for not saving frequently (I had been every 10 minutes or so before yesterday, but I guess I was just in the zone).

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I gotta say, this is incredibly tough to Nuzlocke. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. Specifically, the fight at meteor falls where you have to more or less 3v6 against their sun team is incredibly tough. I'm going to try a run with a water starter so that my rival's starter isn't OHKO'd from the word go. I love the difficulty!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Great, I will check that out! Thanks!

As far as the other crashes, they appeared to be completely random. I will say I never got past the May fight. I did a bunch of different things (made sure mGBA was up to date, did some windows updates, updated all my drivers) and stepped away for a few hours, and when I came back, it seemed fine. It was likely an issue with one of those things, and then the Misty Terrain crash is just a known one. My fault for not saving frequently (I had been every 10 minutes or so before yesterday, but I guess I was just in the zone).
    No problem! It's definitely good to save often, even if it's just a save state!
    I gotta say, this is incredibly tough to Nuzlocke. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. Specifically, the fight at meteor falls where you have to more or less 3v6 against their sun team is incredibly tough. I'm going to try a run with a water starter so that my rival's starter isn't OHKO'd from the word go. I love the difficulty!
    I don't doubt it! That fight is a lot easier if the rival doesn't have Swampert, they can sometimes carry the fight with the other starters.

Years
    Heya o/... So this is just a silly idea that came to mind since I saw you managed to add new Abilities in this. How about an ability that increases the power of kicking moves? Asking mainly due to Hitmonlee (and other kickers). The moves that I could see this ability working on would be Blaze Kick, Double Kick, High Jump and Jump Kick, Low Kick, Mega Kick, Rolling Kick, Stomp, Thunderous Kick, Triple Axel and Triple Kick. Personally I would make an eletric type kick move since it's the only one missing in comparison to the Thunder/Fire/Ice punches (Fire has Blaze Kick and Ice has Triple Axel), but that might be pushing it too far xP
    Also, came here from Prismatic Moon and holy molly, the game (up to where I played) is just right... I started recently and am playing super slow to enjoy the ride, but holy ship man, the QoL changes are just perfect (from what I read at least xP). This is gonna be one crazy run through Hoenn, that much I can tell >w< Can't wait to see the new megas that are already in the hack and all the others that might get added in the future :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    Hello I am just looking to report a bug I am having with the game. I have max friendship with pumpkaboo and it seems to not be evolving as the document states with high friendship. I have checked with going to the friendship checker in verdanturf and catching another one and using a friend ball to see if being caught in one would allow me to rare candy it and evolve it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Heya o/... So this is just a silly idea that came to mind since I saw you managed to add new Abilities in this. How about an ability that increases the power of kicking moves? Asking mainly due to Hitmonlee (and other kickers). The moves that I could see this ability working on would be Blaze Kick, Double Kick, High Jump and Jump Kick, Low Kick, Mega Kick, Rolling Kick, Stomp, Thunderous Kick, Triple Axel and Triple Kick. Personally I would make an eletric type kick move since it's the only one missing in comparison to the Thunder/Fire/Ice punches (Fire has Blaze Kick and Ice has Triple Axel), but that might be pushing it too far xP
    Also, came here from Prismatic Moon and holy molly, the game (up to where I played) is just right... I started recently and am playing super slow to enjoy the ride, but holy ship man, the QoL changes are just perfect (from what I read at least xP). This is gonna be one crazy run through Hoenn, that much I can tell >w< Can't wait to see the new megas that are already in the hack and all the others that might get added in the future :D
    I'll consider it! I'm not really working on suggestions at the moment though as I'm focused on fixing all the battle engine bugs that've been found.
    Glad you're enjoying it so far! I think the late game difficulty's not quite as good as Prismatic Moon, but I'll be tweaking that soon.
    Hello I am just looking to report a bug I am having with the game. I have max friendship with pumpkaboo and it seems to not be evolving as the document states with high friendship. I have checked with going to the friendship checker in verdanturf and catching another one and using a friend ball to see if being caught in one would allow me to rare candy it and evolve it.
    Hey, the docs are incorrect, Pumpkaboo evolves using a Dusk Stone. you can always check the Pokedex for this sort of thing as it will always have the correct information.
    Hey Buffel, what's new with the latest version?
    Hey, lots of things! Check the releases page on the hack's github for details.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Hey I battled the twins Liz and Tate and all battles after that had inverse mechanics… anybody else have that problem??

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Small question again, shouldn't Plates be considered Battle Items and not (Standard) Items? Not really important, but guess I should ask.

I don't have much time to play but I'm slowly making progress in the game. Currently stuck in Meteor Falls, where May gets obliterated in the double battle. I wish she didn't have that Swampert!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Small question again, shouldn't Plates be considered Battle Items and not (Standard) Items? Not really important, but guess I should ask.

I don't have much time to play but I'm slowly making progress in the game. Currently stuck in Meteor Falls, where May gets obliterated in the double battle. I wish she didn't have that Swampert!
    Yeah, they're mostly in that pocket to help declutter the battle items pocket, which is massive once you have all the items it can hold.
    I might switch her team around a bit so she has Rapidash with Swampert instead of Tsareena, that'd make her a lot more useful in that battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    A minor request, in the next update could you include the earliest location to get each berry in the items doc? Earliest location barring good cut luck at least. The ability to know when you have access to the stat berries and weakness reducing berries, for instance, could make attempting some fights a lot easier. I don't always check every bush I see because so many of them look similar to other ones or I just miss them.

Also, I very much encourage the idea of having may choose her rapidash at meteor falls when she's carrying swampert. That fight can make choosing a fire starter feel very punishing, which is a shame because I love all of the fire starters so much.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    A minor request, in the next update could you include the earliest location to get each berry in the items doc? Earliest location barring good cut luck at least. The ability to know when you have access to the stat berries and weakness reducing berries, for instance, could make attempting some fights a lot easier. I don't always check every bush I see because so many of them look similar to other ones or I just miss them.

Also, I very much encourage the idea of having may choose her rapidash at meteor falls when she's carrying swampert. That fight can make choosing a fire starter feel very punishing, which is a shame because I love all of the fire starters so much.
    I don't think I can do that by the next update, but it's a good suggestion, will do it in future. You probably should check the bushes though, it doesn't take long! Use repels if you don't want the berry Pokémon to appear.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably add the Pursuit move in one of the earlier badge tutors ? It's for countering pivots with their Volt Switches and U-turns.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Hello again, I've made the mistake of grinding too much and I'm level 100 at only 6 badges. I want to decrease my levels, can I do this somehow with phone or would I have to use PkHex on my PC? I'm playing on Android but I don't know where the save file would be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Probably add the Pursuit move in one of the earlier badge tutors ? It's for countering pivots with their Volt Switches and U-turns.
    I don't think Pursuit needs to be a tutor; most Pokemon that get it learn it at low levels, so it's easily accessible already.
    Hello again, I've made the mistake of grinding too much and I'm level 100 at only 6 badges. I want to decrease my levels, can I do this somehow with phone or would I have to use PkHex on my PC? I'm playing on Android but I don't know where the save file would be.
    Hey, pkhex isn't compatible with this hack. The only way to lower your levels would be to train a whole new team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just updated the game to version 1.6! This adds Parental Bond, Audino grinding, and fixes a lot of bugs. Full details and download here: link.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2023
    i play on mobile and i crash every 4-5 min and cant remember how i got the game can someone help me

Back