• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Congratulations for the game! I love it. It's challenging but fair. I love the Pokemon changes, the balance is good. And I can see the hard work that you put on it.

I think changing more Pokemons isn't your priority, but I think a lot about Delcatty xD Since it's still an awful Pokemon. Other users already gave you suggestions, so here is mine: giving Delcatty Simple ability, according Pokedex descriptions this ability fits well and Delcatty could use Work Up/Calm Mind x2. Other possibility could be Unaware. I think that one of these abilities and fairy type or normal/fairy types would turn it into a good Pokemon and fun to play. Additionally giving Delcatty some "unusual" move like Slack Off would also help.
    Thanks! Yeah I'm trying to sort out all the bugs at the moment, there are a lot and some are pretty serious. Will be quite a while before I can work on new things again I think. Thanks for the suggestions!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Hi Buffel! I have a two requests, one being a QOL and the other more so of a fix (at least temporary). It would be nice to either be able to set your Pokemon's level or have access to rare candies for very cheap, (POST GAME ONLY, battle frontier maybe?). It's hard to keep up with 3-4 boxes of Pokemon. The second request was to be able to release eggs or at least bad eggs. Something in the Victory Road is causing bad eggs. I wouldn't want to corrupt my save. I've beat the league and stopped before fully corrupting the save.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    PLEASE ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO I GET THE MEGA BRACELET OR WHATEVER IT IS I AM DESPERATE THERE IS NOTHING ANYWHERE

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Just want to comment and say that, while I'm not very far yet, this is quickly becoming my favorite rom hack. Love the polish and QoL changes (feels more like an RPG version of Showdown with all the competitive stat QoL options, which is rad). If you're still looking for some two cents on the Standard version, I'd personally be content with Standard just removing custom stats and typings.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I know the shiny rates are 1/1024, but I wanted to do a shiny-Locke and I was wondering if anyone knew what the Hex address, I know a 1/1024 odds Shiny-Locke is probably possible but it would take way too long (in normal unmodified emerald it's supposed to be at 0x(009C0B90) the part in parenthesis is the actual address/ line of code it should be on, however, when I looked there in the ROM hack and changed the odds from 1/1024, I assumed that this was still the correct place for it because the code that is there translates to the hex value (stored as little-endian) of 1024 to what should be 1/1 just to see if that was the address for the shiny rates and it didn't seem to have broken anything, although it also definitely did not change the odds to 1/1 (I changed it back so that in case the code there was for something else it would have fixed whatever it broke) and I was wondering If someone at least what address the code for the shiny rate is at?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    note, I seem to have inadvertently figured out where it is by looking for where the shiny scripts are supposed to be in the original, and it seems like they are in the same place but it seems as if the shiny scripts in the ROM hack are slightly longer in the ROM hack and start slightly earlier in the ROM hack. The shiny script normally starts at the hex address 00031910 in an unedited copy of the emerald ROM (it's easier to find in the original because there is a link directly to its script.) in the ROM hack you can find where it starts by using Ctrl. + F and searching for "08210022" I have the original shiny script and where the ROM shiny script would normally start pictured below for comparison, as you can see they are extremely similar, one is bigger because there was not a link directly to the shiny chance script in the ROM hack.

Attachments

• Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
      Screenshot 2021-10-23 173753.png
      382.9 KB · Views: 4
    • Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
      Screenshot 2021-10-23 173820.png
      263.1 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel! I have a two requests, one being a QOL and the other more so of a fix (at least temporary). It would be nice to either be able to set your Pokemon's level or have access to rare candies for very cheap, (POST GAME ONLY, battle frontier maybe?). It's hard to keep up with 3-4 boxes of Pokemon. The second request was to be able to release eggs or at least bad eggs. Something in the Victory Road is causing bad eggs. I wouldn't want to corrupt my save. I've beat the league and stopped before fully corrupting the save.
    Hey! Yeah something like that will definitely be in the frontier, there's not much else I can have as a new BP reward there. It's better to leave bad eggs alone when you get them; they're not a virus and don't spread or corrupt your save (that's "Mew under the truck" type stuff), they're the result of something writing data to the wrong part of the save file. If you move/release them and another mon ends up in their spot you'll just get another bad egg. So far I can't replicate the bad egg issue so I can't fix it, but I have a few ideas of where to look as I think 1.8 introduced it.
    Just want to comment and say that, while I'm not very far yet, this is quickly becoming my favorite rom hack. Love the polish and QoL changes (feels more like an RPG version of Showdown with all the competitive stat QoL options, which is rad). If you're still looking for some two cents on the Standard version, I'd personally be content with Standard just removing custom stats and typings.
    Thanks! Yeah I think that'll be the go for the standard version, along with normal level up moves and abilities.
    note, I seem to have inadvertently figured out where it is by looking for where the shiny scripts are supposed to be in the original, and it seems like they are in the same place but it seems as if the shiny scripts in the ROM hack are slightly longer in the ROM hack and start slightly earlier in the ROM hack. The shiny script normally starts at the hex address 00031910 in an unedited copy of the emerald ROM (it's easier to find in the original because there is a link directly to its script.) in the ROM hack you can find where it starts by using Ctrl. + F and searching for "08210022" I have the original shiny script and where the ROM shiny script would normally start pictured below for comparison, as you can see they are extremely similar, one is bigger because there was not a link directly to the shiny chance script in the ROM hack.
    This is an open source decomp hack, you can just edit the source code directly to change the shiny rate.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    ok, I checked all the folders (that didn't seem to obviously be for something else) of the source code to see if something stood out, it did not, I still have no idea where to look to even change the shiny odds.

I would like to ask if a randomizer would work with this, specifically, will the universal pokemon randomizer work with this Rom Hack?

also, something kinda funny, I tried to open the hacked Rom "in" Visual studio 2019 just to see what would happen, and it launched the .VBA file in mGBA

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    ok, I checked all the folders (that didn't seem to obviously be for something else) of the source code to see if something stood out, it did not, I still have no idea where to look to even change the shiny odds.

I would like to ask if a randomizer would work with this, specifically, will the universal pokemon randomizer work with this Rom Hack?

also, something kinda funny, I tried to open the hacked Rom "in" Visual studio 2019 just to see what would happen, and it launched the .VBA file in mGBA
    You should search the whole project for #define SHINY_ODDS (using your IDE's search feature or similar) to find the definition of the shiny rate and change it - it's a single define so looking for it any other way is unlikely to get you results. There's a decomp randomizer that will work, but I don't think any others will.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    As for ideas for BP rewards, I have a few if that may help you. 1. A grooming service to raise friendship to the max value (255), mainly for return or evolution purposes. 2. Galarian Pokemons, if you're willing to add them there instead of Mauville. 3. Items to make the unused/unavailable legendaries spawn where other legendaries currently appear at, or other remote locations (Ashenwoods, Petalburg woods, Shoal Cave, New Cave inside Victory Road, Mirage Island, Dewford Manor, Event Islands, Artisan Cave in Battle frontier, Team Aqua/Magma lairs, Top of Volcano, outside the Sandshrew ruins, Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre, etc.). 4. Masterball (slightly less useful but still an opportunity to get more than one). 5. Mirage Island guaranteed day or permanent/togglable access 6. Egg moves tutor. 7. Turn a Pokemon shiny OR shiny charm. 8. Ability to own both bikes? 9. I don't know since it's Emerald, but E-Reader berries and RegiDolls. 10. Turn your secret base into a bigger one (would need to create a new location probably). 11. Cheaper EV trainer (50k for one Pokemon is on the expensive side). 12. New box backgrounds 13. Ability to buy berries 14. Ability to set your level or rare candies.

As for Bad eggs, will they only appear in box 3 and 6 like it often happens?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Hello! So I'm at the rival battle before Fortree City. Everything's going fine, but I noticed that May's Vikavolt is faster than my Jolly Haxorus and other mons. This seems wildly incorrect as Vikavolt's normal base speed is 20. Even with a speed up nature, perfect IV's/EV's, there is no way this mon is faster than mine, but it goes first everytime. Was Vikavolt's speed buffed ridiculously?

Also in the Weather institute fight, Shelley's Empoleon was faster than all my mons, which also makes very little sense even with a speed up nature/fully EV spread. Is there a place to see the changes to individual pokemon, because I'm having trouble wrapping my head around these broken mons. Please and thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Will this hack have trade between players or wifi battles ? Just curious
    It's already got trading. Wifi battles are a no as the GBA doesn't have wifi lol, though good emulators can use the link features.
    As for ideas for BP rewards, I have a few if that may help you. 1. A grooming service to raise friendship to the max value (255), mainly for return or evolution purposes. 2. Galarian Pokemons, if you're willing to add them there instead of Mauville. 3. Items to make the unused/unavailable legendaries spawn where other legendaries currently appear at, or other remote locations (Ashenwoods, Petalburg woods, Shoal Cave, New Cave inside Victory Road, Mirage Island, Dewford Manor, Event Islands, Artisan Cave in Battle frontier, Team Aqua/Magma lairs, Top of Volcano, outside the Sandshrew ruins, Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre, etc.). 4. Masterball (slightly less useful but still an opportunity to get more than one). 5. Mirage Island guaranteed day or permanent/togglable access 6. Egg moves tutor. 7. Turn a Pokemon shiny OR shiny charm. 8. Ability to own both bikes? 9. I don't know since it's Emerald, but E-Reader berries and RegiDolls. 10. Turn your secret base into a bigger one (would need to create a new location probably). 11. Cheaper EV trainer (50k for one Pokemon is on the expensive side). 12. New box backgrounds 13. Ability to buy berries 14. Ability to set your level or rare candies.

As for Bad eggs, will they only appear in box 3 and 6 like it often happens?
    I haven't been able to replicate the bad egg issue so no idea how frequent it is unfortunately.
    when can you get the flygonite, i just got my fourth badge?
    Hello! So I'm at the rival battle before Fortree City. Everything's going fine, but I noticed that May's Vikavolt is faster than my Jolly Haxorus and other mons. This seems wildly incorrect as Vikavolt's normal base speed is 20. Even with a speed up nature, perfect IV's/EV's, there is no way this mon is faster than mine, but it goes first everytime. Was Vikavolt's speed buffed ridiculously?

Also in the Weather institute fight, Shelley's Empoleon was faster than all my mons, which also makes very little sense even with a speed up nature/fully EV spread. Is there a place to see the changes to individual pokemon, because I'm having trouble wrapping my head around these broken mons. Please and thanks!
    The hack came with documents that answer both of these questions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Hi, could you please be a little more specific? What documents and where are they located?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    He's playing it on the PC using mGBA and loves it so far. The whole thing has been a learning process as I am ignorant about these types of hacks until recently. That'll be how he'll experience it for now. I am planning a play through of another hack and I have no clue if this'll happen in it or not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Hi there!
    I'm enjoying the hack so far but I'm stuck at Slateport City. Have talked with Mr. Dock but the Aqua guys won't move. Is this a bug?

Back