• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey Buffel! Love your X/Y romhacks and loving this one so far. Question, ever thought of adding custom event Pokemon? Like Huge Power Slakoth line, etc. And day/night visual aspect/Poke followers but with the option to toggle on and off?
    Thanks! Nah not doing broken event mons or followers, might add day/night at some point though.
    When's the earliest I can get Recover from the tutor?
    It's not a tutor move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2022
    Absolutely love this hack. Best pokemon game I've ever played by a mile.

One strange thing I did notice was that for heatran, the move scorching sands was listed in the pokedex despite it not being in game yet. Was this originally a placeholder for something else or is it just in preparation for the next update? I don't think I've come across another case of this and just found it odd.

Secondly, do have any plans to include mega evolution for the rest of the pseudo legendaries? It's always been a pet peeve of mine that some got megas while some didn't. Especially as power creep and game changes have taken the shine away from some.

Dragonite: dragon/fairy with stats to make it a better dragon dancer.

Hydreigon with the same typing but with the grimick that it's heads don't get along. Contrary as its ability but instead of getting the normal boost to its stats with mega evolving, it only gets a third as its heads all take a piece. And with them mainly to it's less useful attack stat. Honestly don't think this would be as broken as it sounds.

Goodra with its hisuan form as its mega and the corrosive ability. I know snails dissolve their food rather than being corrosive but would help it as a stalling wall.

Kommo-o actually feels really good in the game already. Especially if you're going to give it its signature move. Perhaps something that's doubles based to fit the samurai and a foot soldier theme.

Dragapult with clear body for the stealth bomber theme? I don't know.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Thanks! Nah not doing broken event mons or followers, might add day/night at some point though.

Oh! All right I see. Nonetheless, amazing work Buffel! Are we going to see a battle/field ui change? I believe it's been mentioned here, or is that possibility out of the question?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Absolutely love this hack. Best pokemon game I've ever played by a mile.

One strange thing I did notice was that for heatran, the move scorching sands was listed in the pokedex despite it not being in game yet. Was this originally a placeholder for something else or is it just in preparation for the next update? I don't think I've come across another case of this and just found it odd.

Secondly, do have any plans to include mega evolution for the rest of the pseudo legendaries? It's always been a pet peeve of mine that some got megas while some didn't. Especially as power creep and game changes have taken the shine away from some.

Dragonite: dragon/fairy with stats to make it a better dragon dancer.

Hydreigon with the same typing but with the grimick that it's heads don't get along. Contrary as its ability but instead of getting the normal boost to its stats with mega evolving, it only gets a third as its heads all take a piece. And with them mainly to it's less useful attack stat. Honestly don't think this would be as broken as it sounds.

Goodra with its hisuan form as its mega and the corrosive ability. I know snails dissolve their food rather than being corrosive but would help it as a stalling wall.

Kommo-o actually feels really good in the game already. Especially if you're going to give it its signature move. Perhaps something that's doubles based to fit the samurai and a foot soldier theme.

Dragapult with clear body for the stealth bomber theme? I don't know.
    The gen 8 move tutor data is already in the game and can be seen on all mons, they're just inaccessible because half the moves don't work in the current release. As much as I love Hydreigon I won't be giving the other psuedos megas; there's limited bag space for stones at the moment so I'm saving them for mons that really need them. Kommo-o will definitely have its signature move in version 2 though!
    Oh! All right I see. Nonetheless, amazing work Buffel! Are we going to see a battle/field ui change? I believe it's been mentioned here, or is that possibility out of the question?
    Thanks! Probably not, I do want to keep the Emerald "feel" where possible. I only replaced the Pokémon sprites as they would've looked really bad alongside the DS-style ones, and a lot of the gen 1-2 ones weren't great. That and I've still got plenty to do on the gameplay side of things and that takes priority!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    When battle frontier comes out in this hack, maybe i'll go out and buy a bottle of champagne.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Hey, I wanted to ask if the possibility of trading with the vanilla games might be added in future updates? I know decomp hacks like this tend to move data around that make trading with vanilla games glitchy, but Pokemon R.O.W.E showed it is possible. Trading my hard-earned mons from vanilla games to ROM hacks to be able to make use of the updated mechanics is one of my favorite things to do when playing a ROM hack. This hack is amazing, and adding this feature would make it one of the best ones (not that it isn't among them right now ;) ). I don't know how hard it would be to add this though, so I just wanted to ask if adding it later down the line is in the realm of possibility. Regardless this is a great hack so I wish you guys the best no matter the case!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hey, I wanted to ask if the possibility of trading with the vanilla games might be added in future updates? I know decomp hacks like this tend to move data around that make trading with vanilla games glitchy, but Pokemon R.O.W.E showed it is possible. Trading my hard-earned mons from vanilla games to ROM hacks to be able to make use of the updated mechanics is one of my favorite things to do when playing a ROM hack. This hack is amazing, and adding this feature would make it one of the best ones (not that it isn't among them right now ;) ). I don't know how hard it would be to add this though, so I just wanted to ask if adding it later down the line is in the realm of possibility. Regardless this is a great hack so I wish you guys the best no matter the case!

With the way Buffel's modded this, it's nigh impossible to trade with base emerald. There's a vid on YouTube that shows while it is possible to trade with base Emerald, it'll have the same effect as the pomeg berry glitch and corrupt data.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, it's possible - I'd just have to write a function to convert vanilla mons to IE's format - but it's not really within scope for Inclement. It's pretty far removed from vanilla and maintaining compatibility between the two isn't something I'm interested in.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Our saves from 1.13 will be compatible with future updates?

Edit: Noticed that the shiny stars would turn black with Apricorn poke balls sometimes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Does the Arco bike not work properly crossing bridges? Can't seem to get across to obtain TM on route 119.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2022
    Hey i dont know if the hack is still active and if so i wanna ask if your gonna add the other missing pokemon will you be able to add PC slots? Because 14 PCs aint gonna hold all of them

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hi I'm new to shiny hunting using save states but from my understanding if the nature and gender of the Pokémon change it has the chance to be shiny is this correct? I'm currently trying to get a shiny froakie and have save stated after I have interacted with the bag as the gender of froakie and nature changes with each save state reload, am I doing this right or should I save state before interacting with the bag?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hi I'm new to shiny hunting using save states but from my understanding if the nature and gender of the Pokémon change it has the chance to be shiny is this correct? I'm currently trying to get a shiny froakie and have save stated after I have interacted with the bag as the gender of froakie and nature changes with each save state reload, am I doing this right or should I save state before interacting with the bag?

You're better off soft-resetting for a shiny. Save states don't refresh the seed and frames you're in. So you'll most likely encounter the same Pokemon over and over with save-states.

Back