• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    So I was battling a psychic trainer that had a Psychic surge Mushrana, and I tried to stall out the terrains turns but to no avail. Are terrains being permanent intentional? I can understand making weather permanent while nerfing the damage, but permanent terrains might be a bit too much since you can effectively make your team immune to status so that you can easily set up and sweep, or have a hyper offence team that's immune to priority. If it was intentional, then it could do with a nerf since you can easily abuse it to your advantage.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hey man great rom having fun but having a weird bug, stomping tantrum just freezes the game for me, no other attack so far does this or has happe anywhere else, don't know if it's a known problem or not but just here to report it.

That happened for me too. Parabolic Charge freezes the game also.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hey, yeah that's bugged due to some questionable code, will be fixed in the next version.

Wait, does that mean that we won't be able to get Togepi if we already took the egg? Would it be possible, if we had the egg but not having hatched it yet, to still get Togepi after the fix? I wanted to add it on my team, but I only have a save close to most recent one with the egg still on my box.

Otherwise, would it be possible to add Togepi to the list of eggs available afterwards?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I was battling a psychic trainer that had a Psychic surge Mushrana, and I tried to stall out the terrains turns but to no avail. Are terrains being permanent intentional? I can understand making weather permanent while nerfing the damage, but permanent terrains might be a bit too much since you can effectively make your team immune to status so that you can easily set up and sweep, or have a hyper offence team that's immune to priority. If it was intentional, then it could do with a nerf since you can easily abuse it to your advantage.
    Hey, they should only last 8 turns at the most. I'll investigate!
    That happened for me too. Parabolic Charge freezes the game also.
    Please update to the latest version!
    Wait, does that mean that we won't be able to get Togepi if we already took the egg? Would it be possible, if we had the egg but not having hatched it yet, to still get Togepi after the fix? I wanted to add it on my team, but I only have a save close to most recent one with the egg still on my box.

Otherwise, would it be possible to add Togepi to the list of eggs available afterwards?
    Unfortunately that is the case. I'm going to add an extra option to the move tutor/reminder etc. guy in the Poke Centers that you'll be able to use to reset any buggy events like this. Hopefully there won't be any more, but for now this will respawn the Miloticite, Lucy and the Togepi Egg. These will all be propely fixed for new playthroughs of course!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Ah, so it wasn't intentional then. Yea, I decided to test it by spamming Slack off for 15 turns, and the terrain didn't went away. It scared me because I've been really enjoying using Hitmonchan with his priority punches, and I'd hate to see him become useless every time a Psyshic surge happens.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    I need help with the Chansey event ; what's the last place to catch her ? I ran into route 111 and mt.chimney but couldn't find her ( she runs into both places )

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hey, they should only last 8 turns at the most. I'll investigate!

Please update to the latest version!

Unfortunately that is the case. I'm going to add an extra option to the move tutor/reminder etc. guy in the Poke Centers that you'll be able to use to reset any buggy events like this. Hopefully there won't be any more, but for now this will respawn the Miloticite, Lucy and the Togepi Egg. These will all be propely fixed for new playthroughs of course!

So I could keep the egg that I got how, and by going to that guy, It'll reset the event and I'd get the Togepi egg afterwards, correct?

That works well. I don't mind waiting to adding Togepi to the team. Thanks for your hard work!

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Maybe a good upgrade for Delcatty would be if along with making every move Normal, Normalize also made Normal Type attacks ignore type resistances/immunities, perhaps instead of the 20% damage increase that Game Freak shoehorned into it later (otherwise it's way too many effects crammed into one ability aka Water Bubble). That way it'd stay in flavour of spamming Normal moves, but also be able to differentiate itself from things like Guts Raticat/Swellow or Skill Link Ambipom/Cincinno (now with 100% accurate Tail Slap), all of which deal more damage but struggle against Normal resists. For example Cincinno has Skill Link Bullet Seed for Rock types, but can't deal with Steels. Ambipom has Low Kick for those heavy Rocks and Steels but has trouble against Ghosts. Swellow has STAB Brave Bird for Ghosts (and Scrappy Boomburst is an option as well) but can't dent Rocks or Steels. Normalize Delcatty could be a jack of all trades (although with much less power) and would have great synergy with Choice Items (since all you need is click 1 move, probably Return) or a type-boosting item/plate. And I guess it'd have Thunder Wave (which would affect Grounds as well as Ghosts), but Dunspare, Drampa, etc already get Glare which does that with 100% accuracy.

Altered Emerald did something similar with Girafarig, where Girafarig's ability inverted the type chart, which means super-spammable unresisted Normal moves.

Still, the stat increases would need to stay otherwise even with the improved Normalize it'd be pretty much unusable, especially with so many other things being buffed as well. Also this sort of also means that Cute Charm or Wonder Skin Delcatty wouldn't actually be worth using though...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I need help with the Chansey event ; what's the last place to catch her ? I ran into route 111 and mt.chimney but couldn't find her ( she runs into both places )
    Next spot is Jagged Pass, then Ashen Woods (a new area you can get to from the pass).
    So I could keep the egg that I got how, and by going to that guy, It'll reset the event and I'd get the Togepi egg afterwards, correct?

That works well. I don't mind waiting to adding Togepi to the team. Thanks for your hard work!
    Correct! I need another day to get this next patch ready but it fixes a lot of bugs.
    Maybe a good upgrade for Delcatty would be if along with making every move Normal, Normalize also made Normal Type attacks ignore type resistances/immunities, perhaps instead of the 20% damage increase that Game Freak shoehorned into it later (otherwise it's way too many effects crammed into one ability aka Water Bubble). That way it'd stay in flavour of spamming Normal moves, but also be able to differentiate itself from things like Guts Raticat/Swellow or Skill Link Ambipom/Cincinno (now with 100% accurate Tail Slap), all of which deal more damage but struggle against Normal resists. For example Cincinno has Skill Link Bullet Seed for Rock types, but can't deal with Steels. Ambipom has Low Kick for those heavy Rocks and Steels but has trouble against Ghosts. Swellow has STAB Brave Bird for Ghosts (and Scrappy Boomburst is an option as well) but can't dent Rocks or Steels. Normalize Delcatty could be a jack of all trades (although with much less power) and would have great synergy with Choice Items (since all you need is click 1 move, probably Return) or a type-boosting item/plate. And I guess it'd have Thunder Wave (which would affect Grounds as well as Ghosts), but Dunspare, Drampa, etc already get Glare which does that with 100% accuracy.

Altered Emerald did something similar with Girafarig, where Girafarig's ability inverted the type chart, which means super-spammable unresisted Normal moves.

Still, the stat increases would need to stay otherwise even with the improved Normalize it'd be pretty much unusable, especially with so many other things being buffed as well. Also this sort of also means that Cute Charm or Wonder Skin Delcatty wouldn't actually be worth using though...
    So it'd be like Scrappy combined with Tinted Lens, but with the drawback of not ever being super effective (outside of inverse battles)? That sounds pretty interesting actually, I might just do that!

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Next spot is Jagged Pass, then Ashen Woods (a new area you can get to from the pass).

Correct! I need another day to get this next patch ready but it fixes a lot of bugs.

So it'd be like Scrappy combined with Tinted Lens, but with the drawback of not ever being super effective (outside of inverse battles)? That sounds pretty interesting actually, I might just do that!

Yeah, plus its other gimmick is using moves that call other moves, like Assist and Copycat. This ability can give STAB to such moves and make them slightly more viable by ignoring resistances. You can even give it Me First, which, combined with decent mixed attacking stats and good speed would mean it can use the opponent's move before them while getting STAB and with 1.5x power (unless they use a status move, which is why it isn't that game-breaking).

Me First + Normalize can also be used in doubles with an ally that uses strong but fixed-target moves like Blizzard, Eruption, Water Spout, Boomburst etc to get rid of the randomness. A Specs Normalize Delcatty with can target its Eruption-using partner and get the equivalent of a 506 power move that targets both opponents and ignores resistances (150 power + stab + specs + Me First's 1.5x multiplier). Not shabby at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yeah, plus its other gimmick is using moves that call other moves, like Assist and Copycat. This ability can give STAB to such moves and make them slightly more viable by ignoring resistances. You can even give it Me First, which, combined with decent mixed attacking stats and good speed would mean it can use the opponent's move before them while getting STAB and with 1.5x power (unless they use a status move, which is why it isn't that game-breaking).

Me First + Normalize can also be used in doubles with an ally that uses strong but fixed-target moves like Blizzard, Eruption, Water Spout, Boomburst etc to get rid of the randomness. A Specs Normalize Delcatty with can target its Eruption-using partner and get the equivalent of a 506 power move that targets both opponents and ignores resistances (150 power + stab + specs + Me First's 1.5x multiplier). Not shabby at all.
    Ooh that's very cool, and definitely gimmicky enough for an early route mon! I'll do some testing with it to make sure it's not Mega Flygon levels of broken, but I think this'll be the Delcatty buff.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024

Thank you for your answer. Also , i'd like to confirm you something. In mGBA , blendering Berry will cause this particular crash.

Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

( If somehow the image doesn't show , this is what it's written ;
    Crash
    The game has crashed into a following error :
    Jumped into invalid address : 01210000

And it happens to any berry.

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Ooh that's very cool, and definitely gimmicky enough for an early route mon! I'll do some testing with it to make sure it's not Mega Flygon levels of broken, but I think this'll be the Delcatty buff.

On singles this shouldn't be that OP, especially since you also give up the ability to hit for super-effective, which is a huge asset in-game, since you know what a gym leaders type weaknesses are and can exploit them easily, and also since choice items are obtained much later in the game. Theoretically even a lowly Raticate can far outdamage this if it is pre-burned before a match with Guts + STAB Facade (with Silk Scarf or Choice Band).

Aside from the Me First shenanigans, the most it could do is maybe if you build an ENTIRE team around Assist so it gets to consistently call something like Fishious Rend or Bolt Beak (don't know if those are available to any mon since those are gen8) or some other really high power moves. That would mean filling the rest of your team with useless mons with Protect, Thief, Dig, etc though so it doesn't mess up Assist. So not really that powerful.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for your answer. Also , i'd like to confirm you something. In mGBA , blendering Berry will cause this particular crash.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

And it happens to any berry.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'll add a warning to the blender script so people know to save before trying it - it still works on virtual console, so maybe it will be safe on some mobile emulators. Either way I'll take another look at it at some point.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Found another small bug: i can't check my EVs anymore when i want to change my pokemon's EVs (I talk to Evie and select the Add EV option and i would normally see my pokemon's EVs here)

Attachments

• Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
      Capture2.JPG
      74.1 KB · Views: 7
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Hey im having a bug where after i beat the 7th gym every fight is always an inverse battle i thought it was maybe i was just in lilycove but everywhere i fight its always an Inverse battle. Btw my version is 1.11 because i didn't want to start a new but i may have to start a new one because of this bug.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Yep, there are a little less than 20 placeholder mega stones that will eventually be something. I haven't decided what yet though!
    IMO Zygarde is fine as is, but Ultra Necrozma will need some changes seeing as Z-moves aren't in.

I've never seen that one before, where were you when you left it running?
    If you're looking for some ideas for the Megas, I got some:

Gen 1: Parasect, Hypno
    Gen 2: Xatu, Sudowoodo, Dunsparce, Octillery
    Gen 3: Delcatty, Ninjask/Shedinja, Chimecho
    Gen 4: Wormadam/Mothim, Carnivine, Lickilicky
    Gen 5: Liepard, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Scolipede, Maractus, Zoroark, Swanna, Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Hydreigon, Volcarona
    Gen 6: Diggersby, Pyroar, Gogoat, Pangoro, Furfrou, Barbaracle, Klefki, Avalugg
    Gen 7: Toucannon, Crabominable, Oricorio, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Araquanid, Shiinotic, Salazzle, Comfey, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Komala, Dhelmise

Went for a mix of Pokemon that could use some Mega help, and some that would be cool to see (just like Game Freak lmao)

As for the Ultra Necrozma changes, I'd say make it a Mega Evolution, increase its BST to 780 and buff Neuroforce, but still make it have to hold a Mega Stone so that it's at least somewhat balanced.

And for the crashes, I was usually in the overworld, mainly happening in Petalburg Forest, though it did also happen in battle a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    "but you'll need to tell me exactly what froze to get a useful answer!"

Well, that's the tough part to pinpoint as it really might freeze at many moments. From overall comments we see that it freezes mostly when entering/exiting buildings, florests and caves, but also had problems after finishing battles be it wild or NPC. One time it also crashed while I checked the move tutor after 3rd gym.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Just completed my first challenge mode playthrough of the game! I posted my team in the hall of fame discord.

I had a lot of fun with this, despite the bugs. Looking forward to seeing this become more polished and I will definitely do another playthrough once the Gen 8 stuff gets put in.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of buffs you will be giving to the weaker mons of Galar! The changes you make to the weaker Pokemon is what makes these hacks so fun in the first place. I almost can't go back to vanilla Pokemon.

Back