• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Heya, is there a way to get a starter pokémon with its hidden ability? I really want my feraligatr to have sheer force as its ability

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Hey, thanks!
    I'll be changing the way Eevee evolves next patch so that Sylveon gets priority over the happiness evos - it's much easier to forget a fairy type move than lower happiness! I want to keep its evo methods the same so that Espeon can still be obtained before the first Sun Stone.

I think some notes on where the new areas are would be useful, I'll add those to the docs. Rearranging it to be in access order would be tricky though! A lot of areas are optional, and some sub-areas require HMs or items to access, so there's no real linear order to follow.
    Glad you're enjoying it so far though!

Cheers, all sounds great

One more thing I wanted to ask is whether Lucy was supposed to disappear if I lost to hwre when challenged in Lavarudge town? Lost the first time and couldn't figure out any way to rematch her other than resetting. Didn't want to miss out on the Bottle Caps or Choice Band.

Edit: Oo, another thought has come to mind. Amaura/Auroras are a little lacking in the Special Normal move department for Refrigerate, something that was addressed in Gen 7/8 with the Hyper Voice move tutor/TR. Would there be any chance you could put it in as one of their level up moves (or is it available at a Move tutor somewhere? Is there a list of move tutors anywhere? Can't find it in the docs) as otherwise the only real option is Hyper Beam. Not that a 180 BP Ice type Hyper Beam is much to sniff at!

Of course, if you wanted to buff it a little more than that even, Boomburst or perhaps Relic Song could be good options? Relic Song kinda makes sense in that Amaura's cries summoned auroras.

We really need some good special normal type moves in future gens!

Oh, and one final question - how do you get to the Sandstrewn Ruins?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Thanks!

What was your team going in to the Wattson fight? There are currently some major issues with the experience system that will be fixed next patch, so if you had anything less than a fully evolved starter and a team at about that level that'd be a big part of the problem. His team is absolutely meant to outspeed yours, but most of them don't hit as hard as they could. I'll consider making some changes to him if he's still overwhelming in the next version though!

Yep, you can use an ability patch on a mon to switch to its Hidden Ability.

Thanks for the info.

I tried relying on Marowak and Excadrill for that fight, but they weren't much help. I don't play the Electric type very often, so that's probably why I lacked knowledge about their versatility.
    But then I got a Typhlosion and raised its speed as much as I could, and he dominated the fight. I just needed to add some backups to take care of Lanturn and A-Raichu.
    Hardest battle till now, but at least I can finally go to Fallarbor to EV-train and get some Shiny/Dusk stones to finish evolving my mons. So the challenge really paid off in the end.

This hack seems tougher than your previous ones, but hopefully I'll manage to conquer it 😄 So keep up the good work.

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Really liking it so far!!

For the Standard version, I think you should just have vanilla stats, typings, abilities and learnsets, according to latest gen. I guess also remove custom megas. Tutors should just be based on wether the Pokemon can learn the move in any sort of way (so Freeze-Dry tutor is still good for Lapras who learns it via breeding).

I've only gotten up to Dewford atm, but here are some things I've noted so far:

1) I think you can reduce the amount of bag pockets. Either combine the Medicine and Items pocket, or the MegaStones and BattleItems pocket. Or both. Just feels like a little much atm.
    2) I'd like a way to disable Auto Run, maybe via L or R? Especially when playing with speed-up.
    3) Really minor, but it would be cool if, when selecting Berries, the cursor started on 'Use' rather than 'Check Tag'. One less button press to give Berries, which would make a difference considering how often I need to equip them. Also, maybe consider removing the second line of dialog at the PokeCenter ("We restore your tired Pokemon to full health"). Just small things that streamline the experience a bit :)
    4) Maybe the thing where it automatically switches to lower-case after selecting the first letter?
    5) Finally, so far I haven't noticed any increase in the amount of double battles, which is kind of a shame imo. Gives me no incentive to teach doubles-only moves, or consider doubles strats. Maybe there'll be more later though.

Anyways, keep it up. Most fun romhack on the market atm. Love the map changes also.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Hi Buffel, really enjoying this hack : hoen really need some love and you served it great!

I've to report a bug: during Wattson battle the game freezes whenever his Magneton happens to use Electric field.

I've been playing on mGBA 0.8.4 and i tried to replicate on vba with the same results.

EDIT : Resolved by re applying patch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    okay this game is fucking SUPERB, but does anyone, for the love of god, know WHERE TO FIND A SKORUPI??

I'm doing a dark type run, and I think skorupi may be the perfect addition to the team.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    As you can see in the documentation within the download folder, it 's found in the grass in route 114 with 10%

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    This is an awesome hack and going to be my favorite way of experiencing Emerald from now on! Question, when I was in Lavaridge near the hot springs I got challenged by a trainer(leaving the name out in case spoilers) and I lost - is there a way to try again? I see that beating them is tied to obtaining one item from the documents.

Also, I love the level scaling, it's just a bit of a concern because it feels like if even one Pokemon is above the others the whole team gets to that level. In a gym or two I had to actively bench a Pokemon who was just 4 levels higher than the rest of the party because his presence was making the scaling too hard, it was actually easier to play down a Pokemon than with him in the party haha. I think some grinding spots might help, because I get super afraid of even accidentally leveling up one member of the party 2 or 3 levels above the rest because bringing the rest up to parity is kind of hard. I had to grind against some wild pokemon at one point and that...took a long time lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Cheers, all sounds great

One more thing I wanted to ask is whether Lucy was supposed to disappear if I lost to hwre when challenged in Lavarudge town? Lost the first time and couldn't figure out any way to rematch her other than resetting. Didn't want to miss out on the Bottle Caps or Choice Band.

Edit: Oo, another thought has come to mind. Amaura/Auroras are a little lacking in the Special Normal move department for Refrigerate, something that was addressed in Gen 7/8 with the Hyper Voice move tutor/TR. Would there be any chance you could put it in as one of their level up moves (or is it available at a Move tutor somewhere? Is there a list of move tutors anywhere? Can't find it in the docs) as otherwise the only real option is Hyper Beam. Not that a 180 BP Ice type Hyper Beam is much to sniff at!

Of course, if you wanted to buff it a little more than that even, Boomburst or perhaps Relic Song could be good options? Relic Song kinda makes sense in that Amaura's cries summoned auroras.

We really need some good special normal type moves in future gens!

Oh, and one final question - how do you get to the Sandstrewn Ruins?
    She's not supposed to disappear in that case, there'll be a way to respawn her in the next patch.
    The Amaura line gets Hyper Voice via the tutor so they're all set! When I have time I'll make some docs for move tutors etc.
    Sandstrewn Ruins is beneath Mirage Tower and can also be accessed from the Desert Underpass.
    Thanks for the info.

I tried relying on Marowak and Excadrill for that fight, but they weren't much help. I don't play the Electric type very often, so that's probably why I lacked knowledge about their versatility.
    But then I got a Typhlosion and raised its speed as much as I could, and he dominated the fight. I just needed to add some backups to take care of Lanturn and A-Raichu.
    Hardest battle till now, but at least I can finally go to Fallarbor to EV-train and get some Shiny/Dusk stones to finish evolving my mons. So the challenge really paid off in the end.

This hack seems tougher than your previous ones, but hopefully I'll manage to conquer it 😄 So keep up the good work.
    Yeah electric types can be quite hard to completely wall with ground types, some of them get some interesting coverage options. Good to hear you got past it though! I don't think there's anything on par with my totem fights in this one, but the gyms are a bit harder than the trial captains were.
    Really liking it so far!!

For the Standard version, I think you should just have vanilla stats, typings, abilities and learnsets, according to latest gen. I guess also remove custom megas. Tutors should just be based on wether the Pokemon can learn the move in any sort of way (so Freeze-Dry tutor is still good for Lapras who learns it via breeding).

I've only gotten up to Dewford atm, but here are some things I've noted so far:

1) I think you can reduce the amount of bag pockets. Either combine the Medicine and Items pocket, or the MegaStones and BattleItems pocket. Or both. Just feels like a little much atm.
    2) I'd like a way to disable Auto Run, maybe via L or R? Especially when playing with speed-up.
    3) Really minor, but it would be cool if, when selecting Berries, the cursor started on 'Use' rather than 'Check Tag'. One less button press to give Berries, which would make a difference considering how often I need to equip them. Also, maybe consider removing the second line of dialog at the PokeCenter ("We restore your tired Pokemon to full health"). Just small things that streamline the experience a bit :)
    4) Maybe the thing where it automatically switches to lower-case after selecting the first letter?
    5) Finally, so far I haven't noticed any increase in the amount of double battles, which is kind of a shame imo. Gives me no incentive to teach doubles-only moves, or consider doubles strats. Maybe there'll be more later though.

Anyways, keep it up. Most fun romhack on the market atm. Love the map changes also.
    Thanks! And thanks for your input on the standard version.
    1) If I combine pockets you'll end up scrolling through hundreds of items to find things; all the pockets are little annoying early game when you don't have much but they're very helpful later on!
    2) Yeah this is a very popular request haha, I'll do something about it in a later version.
    3) Agreed, the check tag option is really annoying! I could speed up some dialogue here and there too, sure.
    4) Sure, I can add that too.
    5) There are a few more, but not many in the early game.

How can I evolve my pikachu I to an alolan raichu
    You can't yet, it'll be via Sun Stone next patch.
    This is an awesome hack and going to be my favorite way of experiencing Emerald from now on! Question, when I was in Lavaridge near the hot springs I got challenged by a trainer(leaving the name out in case spoilers) and I lost - is there a way to try again? I see that beating them is tied to obtaining one item from the documents.

Also, I love the level scaling, it's just a bit of a concern because it feels like if even one Pokemon is above the others the whole team gets to that level. In a gym or two I had to actively bench a Pokemon who was just 4 levels higher than the rest of the party because his presence was making the scaling too hard, it was actually easier to play down a Pokemon than with him in the party haha. I think some grinding spots might help, because I get super afraid of even accidentally leveling up one member of the party 2 or 3 levels above the rest because bringing the rest up to parity is kind of hard. I had to grind against some wild pokemon at one point and that...took a long time lol
    Thanks! Yes you'll be able to respawn her next patch, she's not supposed to disappear if you lose.

There are a few bugs with the experience system right now that are exacerbating that issue - the BW-style scaling exp isn't enabled, and experience gain is less than it should be. Those will be fixed next patch, and I'll also be adding level caps to the first four badges so your new captures will have a chance to catch up to the rest of the team.
    Well THIS looks right up my alley. I'm going to test this out tomorrow!
    Thanks! I'd recommend waiting for the 1.3 patch as that will fix quite a few issues!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Finished most of the stuff like fights and legendary hunt atm bar catching the roaming legendary but i loved all the fights of the game and the changes. i also did the doubles and singles version of the gym leader rematches and loved them.
    will do another run in 1.3 with a team i have in my mind and later on when gen 8 is added another one and many more .
    a question though. raichu line can get fly with the egg lady but due to it not learning fly from hm cant fly if it doesnt have the move? just to know. and a suggestion maybe for the fly thing, maybe make the map a way to be able fly or if not an item maybe. mostly make it less tedious for players, so they dont have to get a flying mon to move around the region.
    another minor thing , could it be possible for in postgame or if not earlier to make it so we can get both bikes? just a silly question since i dont know if its possible or not
    But overall fantastic game will wait for the patches . thank you for your work buffel

Last edited:

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Still need to pop open the updated version at some point today to test, but eh. Things are still pretty good.

If suggestions are being taken, could you look into prepping Mega Evolutions for the Johto starters? Potentially in the vein of Insurgence/GSC in future updates? Cuz even with their new typings, slight stat buffs and moves, the three are in an awkward spot between two gens of Mega Evolving starter Mons. Oh, and maybe a typing change for Ledian to better fit its physical-centric, Close Combat-ing self?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Oh poop. So not only did the Berry Blender freeze my game, it corrupted the save file so much that it wiped my entire save.

Well, at least when 1.3 comes out I'll have an excuse to try out a new team 😅

NotDWaddler

Years
  • ALSO, BUG SPOTTED:

Baneful Bunker is jank. Contact, charge-up moves still trigger the poison effect even on the turn they're charging, like with Dig. It'll hit the next turn, but it shouldn't have set off the poison effect to begin with.

NotDWaddler

Years
  • Additionally, a house in Mossdeep kind of causes the game to halt entirely, in the vein of the old Parabolic Charge bug.

Oh, and Jelicent's sprite is bugged upon capture, blending the colors of both and giving the opposite look in the Dex. I fear getting Bad Egg'd, so not touchin' that.

Back