• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Great job, thank you for sharing this with us! Can't wait to test it! :-)

Just one question: Do you know anything about SR the starter? I just googled it and in Emerald the RNG is kinda broken?! Is that the same case here or can you just normally soft reset? Appreciate your help a lot, would love to start with a shiny Greninja!
    Thanks! The RNG should be fixed in this so you can soft reset normally. Shiny odds are unchanged though so that may take a very long time!
    Spoiler:

Look's like I've been very unlucky then. 4 mons with advantage, yet all three get destroyed. I will use other mons then. EDIT: I just beat it with the same team. I was literally trying more than an hour last night and I couldn't, yet now I could and at first try... Unlucky me I guess.

Anyway, I can't use Attack X on combat (And I suppose that any of those items). Is this intended?
    Congrats! I assume the X items are bugged, will look into it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    Ah I was waiting for someone to run into this. This is what used to freeze the game when getting berry encounters, so at least the freeze is fixed and it's just a text bug now.

Do you know what your lead Pokemon was when the glitch happened? I've been trying to track down the cause of this for a while, but it's a tricky one so any more information you can provide would be very helpful (if you don't mind of course).

I'm pretty sure my lead was Trumbeak. The glitch only happened in that specific berry patch though, I tried it outside of Petalburg Forest to the south and it gave me the encounter normally.

I'm also not using an emulator, I have the rom loaded on a Krikzz x5 played in a GBA SP.

Years
  • Hi,
    Is there a discord server? IT would be wonderful if there was a discord server for this rom hack/ you linked the server in the post itself.
    Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Little update: Almost through all the gyms but the grinding is a bit too tedious. Hope you add some EXP grinders/ability to buy rare candies/something like that in the game at some point. Because changing up your team is kinda a pain.

Or am i missing something thats already in the game?

Thanks for your hard work on all your rom hacks, very appreciated

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Oh yeah I should have posted two suggestions that I am surprised weren't in the hack from the start:

- Add in the red/blue indicators for which of your stats is boosted/nerfed by your nature to the summary screen, so that you don't have to look up which nature changes what.
    - Make the low health pings only play for a short amount of time, similar to gens 6 and onwards, or go for the gen 5 approach and give it a special theme.

Also I wanted to ask something: is there any roadmap for major updates you got planned, or are they just gonna drop when they're ready?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Bit of a cheeky q, but would there be any cheats for this game? Or is the game code too different from standard emerald?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Hiiiiii

first : i really love your hack , emerald is my fav game and i'm looking forward to see the new updates :)

Secon : I know i'm a bit dumb but is there a way to unlock the hidden abilities ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Hello. Just downloaded this ROM Hack a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it so far!

Ran across a bug where; when I enter Ember Path, I can't move (I can only go backwards). I just fought Maxie on Mt. Ember and follow Blob the Chansey into Ember Path.

Incase this might help, I haven't beaten Flannery yet. I looked into the PDFs the game came with and nothing really mentions anything about Ember Path.

Maybe I missed something from this thread. Please help. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Hello. Just downloaded this ROM Hack a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it so far!

Ran across a bug where; when I enter Ember Path, I can't move (I can only go backwards). I just fought Maxie on Mt. Ember and follow Blob the Chansey into Ember Path.

Incase this might help, I haven't beaten Flannery yet. I looked into the PDFs the game came with and nothing really mentions anything about Ember Path.

Nevermind. Just saw the recent patch notes. I'll try to see if updating it works.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    I made this account just to be able to give you a heartfelt thanks for this romhack. It's exactly what I've been looking for to a T and I can really tell that you've put your heart into it by the small attention to details (I mean, trainers using thematic pokeballs, really?)

I love ghost-types and there is a great selection to chose from since the early game, and the game is actually challenging which I appreciate a lot (kudos if its you who is setting up each trainer individually).

I do have a few questions though: Where can Spiritomb be found? I'm still at the third gym so I'm not expecting to have him, but I haven't found anything about it in the documentation, I'm assuming he's in either Sky Pillar or in that Regi Braille Spot that's underwater?
    Will there be more PC boxes too? I'm not sure if they can support all of the pokemon
    Do you have plans to add a way to obtain the more esoteric things such as the secret base regi dolls that you can only get in japan from e-reader? Just curious

Also, I found a shiny Carbink playing your romhack!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can't use Moon Stone on Eevee, game won't let me. Not sure if the same for Sun Stone on Eevee though. Can anyone confirm?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Little update: Almost through all the gyms but the grinding is a bit too tedious. Hope you add some EXP grinders/ability to buy rare candies/something like that in the game at some point. Because changing up your team is kinda a pain.

Agree the grinding is way too real.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm pretty sure my lead was Trumbeak. The glitch only happened in that specific berry patch though, I tried it outside of Petalburg Forest to the south and it gave me the encounter normally.

I'm also not using an emulator, I have the rom loaded on a Krikzz x5 played in a GBA SP.
    I ran into the Berry Picking Bug, I had a level 30 Masquerain leading with Intimidate.
    That's interesting, it sounds like Intimidate (and possibly Keen Eye on the Trumbeak) are the problem, as they influence the levels of wild Pokemon. Thanks for the information, that narrows down the problem quite a bit!
    Hi,
    Is there a discord server? IT would be wonderful if there was a discord server for this rom hack/ you linked the server in the post itself.
    Thank you!
    Hey, yep check the first post 😅.

I'll be adding another Lucky Egg to the game in a much earlier location to help with that. For now trainer rematches are the best way to grind after Norman (especially Gabby and Ty).
    You're welcome!
    Oh yeah I should have posted two suggestions that I am surprised weren't in the hack from the start:

- Add in the red/blue indicators for which of your stats is boosted/nerfed by your nature to the summary screen, so that you don't have to look up which nature changes what.
    - Make the low health pings only play for a short amount of time, similar to gens 6 and onwards, or go for the gen 5 approach and give it a special theme.

Also I wanted to ask something: is there any roadmap for major updates you got planned, or are they just gonna drop when they're ready?
    Yeah the nature one's a common request haha, it's just a bit of a pain as Egg's branch for it is outdated and it takes a bit of work to get it going. The low health pings are extremely annoying, doing something about those is definitely on the to do list!
    Road map's in the first post but I won't add a time line to it, it's ready when it's ready!
    Bit of a cheeky q, but would there be any cheats for this game? Or is the game code too different from standard emerald?
    None that I know of, standard Emerald cheats definitely won't work.
    Hiiiiii

first : i really love your hack , emerald is my fav game and i'm looking forward to see the new updates :)

Secon : I know i'm a bit dumb but is there a way to unlock the hidden abilities ?
    Hey, thanks! Yep, you can catch a Pokemon in a Dream Ball or use an Ability Patch.

Hey, glad you're enjoying it! Yeah I forgot to update the version number in the OP, game was updated yesterday with a fix for that.
    I made this account just to be able to give you a heartfelt thanks for this romhack. It's exactly what I've been looking for to a T and I can really tell that you've put your heart into it by the small attention to details (I mean, trainers using thematic pokeballs, really?)

I love ghost-types and there is a great selection to chose from since the early game, and the game is actually challenging which I appreciate a lot (kudos if its you who is setting up each trainer individually).

I do have a few questions though: Where can Spiritomb be found? I'm still at the third gym so I'm not expecting to have him, but I haven't found anything about it in the documentation, I'm assuming he's in either Sky Pillar or in that Regi Braille Spot that's underwater?
    Will there be more PC boxes too? I'm not sure if they can support all of the pokemon
    Do you have plans to add a way to obtain the more esoteric things such as the secret base regi dolls that you can only get in japan from e-reader? Just curious

Also, I found a shiny Carbink playing your romhack!
    Thanks! The trainer class-based balls are pretty great, I loved that in USUM and had to get it working in Emerald.
    Looks like I forgot to include Spiritomb in the docs! It's a special event in the Abandoned Ship. When you find the Odd Keystone underneath Mirage Tower it'll give you some clues about what you need to do to encounter it.
    Sadly I can't add more PC boxes without breaking save compatibility with older versions. There's definitely not enough room for a living dex in the current boxes though.
    Things like the Regi dolls will probably be Frontier rewards, just so there's something worth getting there!

Congrats on the Carbink!
    Can't use Moon Stone on Eevee, game won't let me. Not sure if the same for Sun Stone on Eevee though. Can anyone confirm?
    Are you on version 1.3.1? I forgot to update the OP but that was a change introduced in yesterday's patch, so it won't work on earlier versions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Indeed I am on 1.3.1. Maybe a conflict with my save data from 1.3.0?
    Save version shouldn't matter, I'm using one from before version numbers and can evolve Eevee with a Sun Stone. Could be an issue with the patch; if so it'll be fixed next one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    More Berry testing: I tried leading with Trumbeak again and it correctly gave me the encounter on the rightmost spot of the Rustboro patch. However, when I tried the leftmost spot of that patch, it gave me the text bug again. Incredibly weird stuff.

Back