• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    More Berry testing: I tried leading with Trumbeak again and it correctly gave me the encounter on the rightmost spot of the Rustboro patch. However, when I tried the leftmost spot of that patch, it gave me the text bug again. Incredibly weird stuff.
    Yeah, it seems to be completely random. I'm pretty sure it'll be the ability causing it (unless your Trumbeak has Skill Link), as there's still some RNG involved in that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2021
    Does anyone know where to capture a steene ? or a tsareena ? i haven't encountered one yet and would like to try it. I didn't see it's location in the documentation either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2021
    Is there a way to remove the level-cap? It is currently the most annoying thing in the rom. Still a good rom, but that one thing is a real hindrance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2021
    Wasn't sure if this was already mentioned or not, but I noticed in ember pass after following Blob in (nurse joy's chansey quest) I could enter in ember pass but couldn't move around in ember pass once I entered. Not sure if it just isn't coded yet or a bug but wanted to bring it to your attention. BTW great rom hack so far 👌

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Really great looking game, I am already in love with this and I didn't even played it.
    The thing is when I play it in John GBA it crashes a lot. It's because of this emulator, or am I supposed to do something before play the game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Does anyone know where to capture a steene ? or a tsareena ? i haven't encountered one yet and would like to try it. I didn't see it's location in the documentation either.
    Steenee evolves from Bounsweet.
    Is there a way to remove the level-cap? It is currently the most annoying thing in the rom. Still a good rom, but that one thing is a real hindrance.
    No sorry. It helps more than it hurts (there's a post a page or two back explaining why) , though I do want to change the way it works a bit.
    Do cheats work?
    Nope!
    Wasn't sure if this was already mentioned or not, but I noticed in ember pass after following Blob in (nurse joy's chansey quest) I could enter in ember pass but couldn't move around in ember pass once I entered. Not sure if it just isn't coded yet or a bug but wanted to bring it to your attention. BTW great rom hack so far 👌
    Seems there's something wrong with the 1.3.1 patch and it doesn't include everything it should, so it's missing the fix for that. Will be fixed next patch. Glad you like it so far!
    Really great looking game, I am already in love with this and I didn't even played it.
    The thing is when I play it in John GBA it crashes a lot. It's because of this emulator, or am I supposed to do something before play the game?
    Thanks! I think it might be the emulator unfortunately, lots of people using it have that problem.
    Why cheat codes don't work
    Decomp hacks can change a lot more than binary hacks, and the side effect of that is that vanilla cheats target the wrong memory addresses in the hack and therefore don't work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Hey! Thanks for making such a fun rom! Just wanted to give some minor feed back though, Gyarados seems to not have its updated move set. I think its following the gen 3 emerald move pool instead of gen 7-8 updated set. Early game is kinda hard for our good ol serpent shrimp. Also there is only one fire type for the first 3 gyms (that i noticed on the doc). Will there be updates to allow for a bit more variety in the early game? Will post later if i noticed any other issues c:! Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey! Thanks for making such a fun rom! Just wanted to give some minor feed back though, Gyarados seems to not have its updated move set. I think its following the gen 3 emerald move pool instead of gen 7-8 updated set. Early game is kinda hard for our good ol serpent shrimp. Also there is only one fire type for the first 3 gyms (that i noticed on the doc). Will there be updates to allow for a bit more variety in the early game? Will post later if i noticed any other issues c:! Thank you!
    Hey, you're welcome! That's definitely not the case, check your Pokedex to see its level up move set. It's quite effective with just its level up moves and a TM or two (Bulldoze and Thunder Wave are available early) and a trip to the move reminder. You missed a few there! Litleo, Houndour, Litwick, Alolan Marowak, Oricorio, Sunflora, Flareon, Pansear and every fire starter are all obtainable before the third gym.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Well, I managed to beat Flannery and Norman, and I'm putting some finishing touches on my team before I take on Winona. So it seems I'm getting used to the game's difficulty at last, while still facing some strenuous challenges every now and then (my rival's team, for instance) that keep the game from getting boring. I love how you make every common Hiker or Battle Girl a force to be reckoned with, not just punching bags for easy EXP.

Oh, and I had my username changed from "HardcoreRPGFan" to "HardcoreGamerVee", just for the record 😊

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Protective Pads supposed to shield you from any side effects that may occur when using contact moves? Cause I had my Lycanroc hold one and then train against those Flame Body mons at Ember Path, and the poor thing kept getting burned by that ability, almost everytime. I've never used this item before, so I don't know if this is really how it works or if it's a bug 🤔

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Hey, you're welcome! That's definitely not the case, check your Pokedex to see its level up move set. It's quite effective with just its level up moves and a TM or two (Bulldoze and Thunder Wave are available early) and a trip to the move reminder. You missed a few there! Litleo, Houndour, Litwick, Alolan Marowak, Oricorio, Sunflora, Flareon, Pansear and every fire starter are all obtainable before the third gym.

Well then i stand corrected! Also had no idea you can check via the pokedex, thanks for that!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Well, I managed to beat Flannery and Norman, and I'm putting some finishing touches on my team before I take on Winona. So it seems I'm getting used to the game's difficulty at last, while still facing some strenuous challenges every now and then (my rival's team, for instance) that keep the game from getting boring. I love how you make every common Hiker or Battle Girl a force to be reckoned with, not just punching bags for easy EXP.

Oh, and I had my username changed from "HardcoreRPGFan" to "HardcoreGamerVee", just for the record 😊

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Protective Pads supposed to shield you from any side effects that may occur when using contact moves? Cause I had my Lycanroc hold one and then train against those Flame Body mons at Ember Path, and the poor thing kept getting burned by that ability, almost everytime. I've never used this item before, so I don't know if this is really how it works or if it's a bug 🤔
    Congrats! I've never liked all the regular trainers being glorified wild Pokémon; giving them some decent moves goes a long way!

I'm pretty sure they should protect against Flame Body, sounds like a bug to me! I wouldn't be surprised if they don't work against Static and similar abilities too.
    Well then i stand corrected! Also had no idea you can check via the pokedex, thanks for that!
    No problem! The Pokedex + is a really nice feature, makes it actually worth using!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2021
    No sorry. It helps more than it hurts (there's a post a page or two back explaining why) , though I do want to change the way it works.

Ah well, it isn't really a deal breaker and I just have to suck it up. I am just someone who loves to lvl my team up before the arenas, and ahm not used to that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ah well, it isn't really a deal breaker and I just have to suck it up. I am just someone who loves to lvl my team up before the arenas, and ahm not used to that.
    The caps are gone entirely after beating Flannery so you won't have to put up with them for too long!
    I'm getting walled massively by Brawly, any tips or tricks?
    Liligant, Butterfree, Alolan Raichu, Espeon and similar mons that evolve early and are strong against fighting types help a lot. You can also go through Granite Cave without Flash to get to Slateport early (if you haven't already), which gives you some more trainers to battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    So does Alolan Raichu only get psybeam for STAB levelling up? Am i reading the changes doco correct?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So does Alolan Raichu only get psybeam for STAB levelling up? Am i reading the changes doco correct?
    Not quite; Psychic was moved to level 30 because getting it at level 16 was silly, so Psybeam just replaced it as an evo move.
    Hi, so i think i found something that needs fixed in 1.3. In the new area of Jagged Pass in Ember path, once you go in, you cannot go anywhere. It's like there are invisible walls at the entrance.
    Hey, yeah I'm aware of that one, it should've been fixed in the current version but wasn't for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Sorry to keep bringing up the same point, but the lack of easy rare candies or similar is essentially making the game unplayable for those who like to rotate their teams and dont want to spend hours grinding. You might have a pokemon in your box of a certain type you want to bring back into the team but they're suddenly now 20 levels behind and theres no point.

Maybe grinding is an intended part of this hack and I understand others enjoy that, but it could be good to cater to different playstyles if possible.

One of the things that helped Radical Red not be a slog ever was the easy way to quickly bring new Pokemon up to speed and not feel like the difficulty just came from the odds being rigged all the time.

I also really liked the way the level cap worked in Radical Red and think that could be worth looking at for this one too. It felt like it was more incremental than here, and that kept levels more in check which probably meant less gaps occurring from those in the box and those in the party.

Finished gym 6 so far and enjoyed it, but think I'll take a break until things might adapt as its not as fun at the moment. You need a full squad of 6 at max to have a chance against basically any trainer at the moment so having a lowel level mon for levelling just puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Feel bad moaning as mainly positive experience!

Back