• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Hi i just download the 1.3.1 version, but when i convert save file from 1.2 to 1.3.1 (Myboy save), the exp from the Battle is not increasing on my pokemon. Is there anything wrong?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    Hey, is there a way to get all the regis? cuz it requires dig to activate the event and dig in the overworld transforms into teleport so I can't use it, please help

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Sorry to keep bringing up the same point, but the lack of easy rare candies or similar is essentially making the game unplayable for those who like to rotate their teams and dont want to spend hours grinding. You might have a pokemon in your box of a certain type you want to bring back into the team but they're suddenly now 20 levels behind and theres no point.
    That's what the training band is for. A couple rounds of Gabby and Ty or random trainer rematches and your mons will catch up very quickly. If you're training more than six it'd be better to not let that happen in the first place though.
    Maybe grinding is an intended part of this hack and I understand others enjoy that, but it could be good to cater to different playstyles if possible.
    Grinding isn't intended, that's half the point of the scaling - as long as you're able to raise your team in a balanced way you won't need to grind (though of course that's harder if part of the team is in the box half the time)
    One of the things that helped Radical Red not be a slog ever was the easy way to quickly bring new Pokemon up to speed and not feel like the difficulty just came from the odds being rigged all the time.

I also really liked the way the level cap worked in Radical Red and think that could be worth looking at for this one too. It felt like it was more incremental than here, and that kept levels more in check which probably meant less gaps occurring from those in the box and those in the party.
    I still haven't played RR (one day!), not sure what the cap in it is designed around, but here it's roughly where you'd be if you battled all of the trainers and didn't grind on wild mons. There's no reason to make them follow a smooth line as that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay - there are more trainers between some badges than others, so it's only natural that the caps reflect that.

A level cap doesn't work well in an open region - this isn't Kanto or Radical Red, what works there isn't necessarily a good solution here.
    If I add a cap to the open parts, what do I balance that around? Battling all the trainers? What if people don't want to do that? They'll never hit the cap and it may as well not even be there, so it doesn't help. If I pick some arbitrary cap, then people are punished for exploring and battling all the trainers, as they lose out on a lot of exp. On top of that, the cap is largely meaningless past a certain point as most mons stop learning new moves, so the cap isn't actually limiting the player in any meaningful way - the player's team at 70 will likely be the same at 80, just with bigger numbers.

All that said, I'm looking into a way to speed up grinding that doesn't mangle the early game progression - it may just be something that's available once the caps are lifted and being overlevelled isn't an issue.

Finished gym 6 so far and enjoyed it, but think I'll take a break until things might adapt as its not as fun at the moment. You need a full squad of 6 at max to have a chance against basically any trainer at the moment so having a lowel level mon for levelling just puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Feel bad moaning as mainly positive experience!
    Glad you enjoyed it otherwise though! There are some changes to the levelling in the latest patch, but no dedicated grinding system yet!
    Response in bold! Apologies if it comes across as rude, that's not the intention - just the limits of debating things in text!
    Hi i just download the 1.3.1 version, but when i convert save file from 1.2 to 1.3.1 (Myboy save), the exp from the Battle is not increasing on my pokemon. Is there anything wrong?
    What's your test method for this? I need a little more info sorry!
    Hey, is there a way to get all the regis? cuz it requires dig to activate the event and dig in the overworld transforms into teleport so I can't use it, please help
    Hey, it's the same as vanilla. Any old guide on that will do.
    Hello, How to Get Ash Greninja??
    Please read the FAQ!
    Charizard doesn't learn outrage from move tutor.
    Cheers for the report, I'll fix that!

Also, version 1.4 is now up! Lots of changes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    First off, let me say I loved both EXWY and PSPM, great hacks man.

My question is, how do you update the rom without losing your progress? In case any new updates follow.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I just had to make an account to post this.

I usually don't play rom hacks, but I recently played through Crystal Clear about 3 months ago and then a week or two ago I stumbled upon Inclement Emerald.

To be honest, I didn't read anything about it other than "It's Gen 3 with Gen 1-7+ pokemon and QoL improvements" and I downloaded it immediately and started playing.

MY GOD did(and frankly still is) this thing kick my butt. This is my first difficulty hack and going in blind has been a challenging but very rewarding experience, same way I felt when I played Dark Souls for the first time. Even the "Normal", "Hard", and "Challenging" options didn't make a light bulb in my head go off that this hack was going to be a pain. Usually I just use my starter pokemon and just sweep with that throughout the whole game, but Roxanne sent me down a spiraling hole of the 7 stages of grief and I finally had to look up natures, type counters, and team building websites so I could find weaknesses in Gym Leader's pokemon so I could build a counter team.

I just beat Norman two nights ago and I was literally fist pumping the air when I won.

Freaking BRAVO with this rom hack. Keep up the amazing support and progress you've been doing as I am loving it and definitely want more!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    Hello it's me again, i asked a question how to get Ash Greninja and you replied saying read the FAQ from which I got to know about documents i went through them & I cannot find the answer. Please help

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    Hey BuffelSaft. Just wanted to say I'm a massive fan of yours. I absolutely loved EXWY and PSPM and this one is hands down the best I've played and I've played alot!
    Thanks so much for doing what you're doing!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, should I play version 1.4 or should I wait for the next big update. I am quite impatient to play this game but can't decide when to start. I wanted to wait until the standard version comes out but I can't wait anymore. So is there any big updates worth waiting or should I dive in immediately?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Heyo, I wanted to post one more suggestion, since I imagine these sorta things are getting annoying, so sorry for that, and this is gonna be my last one, at least for a bit, but at least I saved a big one for last:

- Change Zen Mode Darmanitan from being an alternate form hidden behind an ability into a seperate evolution from Darumaka, with potentially changing some stats to make that balanced (the same would go to the Galarian variant as well, once that's out). Zen Mode is a cool as hell ability, though it's sadly not at all good since you gotta put yourself at half health, and you gotta build a move-set for both forms if you wanna use it effectively, which is a massive pain to do. It's somewhat easier with the Galarian form, since the Zen Mode form of that is just a beefed-up Darmanitan, rather than the specially oriented Unovan variant, but even with that you're better off just getting Gorilla Tactics. Changing the Zen Mode variants of Darmanitan to be a normal evolution rather than an alt form would allow players to pick and choose which form they wanna go with for that specific playthrough, giving them more options on if they wanna have a fast heavy hitter, or a bulky one, or a nuclear bomb vs a supersonic missle if you wanna talk about the Galarian form. Though I would certainly imagine you would probably have to give new abilities for the alt forms, or change Zen Mode to have a different effect.

In terms of how you would get them, I imagine you could do something like reaching level 35 with a Psychic type move in your set for you to get Unovan Zen Mode Darmanitan, and a Fire type move for the Galarian form.

May be a dumb idea I imagine, but it could also be a really fun one, and hey, some fun ideas don't hurt, right?

(and yes this was very much inspired by what Drayano did for Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Hi, my method is rename the myboy save file from v1.2.sav into v1.3.1.sav, the game can load correctly. But when i play v1.3.1 on that save and battle the wild Pokemons there is no exp increased on the exp bar.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    First off, let me say I loved both EXWY and PSPM, great hacks man.

My question is, how do you update the rom without losing your progress? In case any new updates follow.
    Hey, thanks! The "how to patch" file's been updated with instructions for this:

1. BEFORE UPDATING
    - Create a save file using the in game save menu. Save states may NOT work after updating.
    - You may also wish to back up your save and ROM files (optional)

2. PATCH AGAIN
    - Patch a clean ROM with the latest version, following the same steps as the first time.
    - Once the ROM is patched, make sure that its name matches the name of the save file. E.g. if you have InclementEmerald.gba, your save file should be named InclementEmerald.sav

Also, if you've beaten Brawly but haven't beaten Team Aqua in Slateport, do that before updating.
    I just had to make an account to post this.

I usually don't play rom hacks, but I recently played through Crystal Clear about 3 months ago and then a week or two ago I stumbled upon Inclement Emerald.

To be honest, I didn't read anything about it other than "It's Gen 3 with Gen 1-7+ pokemon and QoL improvements" and I downloaded it immediately and started playing.

MY GOD did(and frankly still is) this thing kick my butt. This is my first difficulty hack and going in blind has been a challenging but very rewarding experience, same way I felt when I played Dark Souls for the first time. Even the "Normal", "Hard", and "Challenging" options didn't make a light bulb in my head go off that this hack was going to be a pain. Usually I just use my starter pokemon and just sweep with that throughout the whole game, but Roxanne sent me down a spiraling hole of the 7 stages of grief and I finally had to look up natures, type counters, and team building websites so I could find weaknesses in Gym Leader's pokemon so I could build a counter team.

I just beat Norman two nights ago and I was literally fist pumping the air when I won.

Freaking BRAVO with this rom hack. Keep up the amazing support and progress you've been doing as I am loving it and definitely want more!
    Your first difficulty hack is always an interesting experience! If you're looking for more after this one I'd highly recommend Drayano's hacks (and then Radical Red if you want even more of a challenge). Good to hear it's making you build a team rather than just mashing A with your starter, makes the game much more rewarding IMO.

And thanks! Will do, there's plenty more to come!
    Hello it's me again, i asked a question how to get Ash Greninja and you replied saying read the FAQ from which I got to know about documents i went through them & I cannot find the answer. Please help
    Hey, if you follow the instructions in the big red box on the first page (not the title page) of the Pokémon locations document you'll be able to find your answer. The docs exist to help you, and to save me from having to answer thousands of unnecessary "where is {insert Pokémon here}???" questions.
    Hey BuffelSaft. Just wanted to say I'm a massive fan of yours. I absolutely loved EXWY and PSPM and this one is hands down the best I've played and I've played alot!
    Thanks so much for doing what you're doing!
    Hey, thanks! Feels like I need more ways to say thanks for posts like these; I genuinely do appreciate them!
    Hi, should I play version 1.4 or should I wait for the next big update. I am quite impatient to play this game but can't decide when to start. I wanted to wait until the standard version comes out but I can't wait anymore. So is there any big updates worth waiting or should I dive in immediately?
    Hey, 1.4 will be the biggest for a while, the next few patches will just be bug fixes and things like a toggle for auto run. You can always update to the newer versions when they're released, you won't lose progress.
    Heyo, I wanted to post one more suggestion, since I imagine these sorta things are getting annoying, so sorry for that, and this is gonna be my last one, at least for a bit, but at least I saved a big one for last:

- Change Zen Mode Darmanitan from being an alternate form hidden behind an ability into a seperate evolution from Darumaka, with potentially changing some stats to make that balanced (the same would go to the Galarian variant as well, once that's out). Zen Mode is a cool as hell ability, though it's sadly not at all good since you gotta put yourself at half health, and you gotta build a move-set for both forms if you wanna use it effectively, which is a massive pain to do. It's somewhat easier with the Galarian form, since the Zen Mode form of that is just a beefed-up Darmanitan, rather than the specially oriented Unovan variant, but even with that you're better off just getting Gorilla Tactics. Changing the Zen Mode variants of Darmanitan to be a normal evolution rather than an alt form would allow players to pick and choose which form they wanna go with for that specific playthrough, giving them more options on if they wanna have a fast heavy hitter, or a bulky one, or a nuclear bomb vs a supersonic missle if you wanna talk about the Galarian form. Though I would certainly imagine you would probably have to give new abilities for the alt forms, or change Zen Mode to have a different effect.

In terms of how you would get them, I imagine you could do something like reaching level 35 with a Psychic type move in your set for you to get Unovan Zen Mode Darmanitan, and a Fire type move for the Galarian form.

May be a dumb idea I imagine, but it could also be a really fun one, and hey, some fun ideas don't hurt, right?

(and yes this was very much inspired by what Drayano did for Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2)
    Hey! I'll keep that in mind but yeah, I'm not too worried about more Pokémon changes right now, got more important things to fix!
    Hi, my method is rename the myboy save file from v1.2.sav into v1.3.1.sav, the game can load correctly. But when i play v1.3.1 on that save and battle the wild Pokemons there is no exp increased on the exp bar.
    Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood your question. The newer versions have level caps for the early badges; once your Pokemon are above a certain level you'll only gain 1 exp at a time until you get the next badge.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Could you please give a list on what levels the level cap takes effect after each badge? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Hey, just here to report a potential issue with the Rare Candy evolution mechanic. When I try to use a Rare Candy on my level 100 Cosmog, it gives the standard "It won't have any effect" message.

Also, you wrote in the changelog for 1.3.1 that "Eevee now evolves into Espeon and Umbreon using Sun and Moon Stones, allowing a happy Eevee to become a Sylveon." However, the requirements to evolve Sylveon is still based on having a Fairy-type move on evolution. Is the plan to keep it this way or change it to a normal friendship evolution?

Outside of minor issues like this, the hack has been great so far and I've been enjoying my time with it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    well i was interested but forcing a level cap kinda kills it for me
    Eh, cap's better than having level 30 mons in the first gym. Though honestly I'm not a huge fan of the hard cap either, needs more work.
    Hey, just here to report a potential issue with the Rare Candy evolution mechanic. When I try to use a Rare Candy on my level 100 Cosmog, it gives the standard "It won't have any effect" message.

Also, you wrote in the changelog for 1.3.1 that "Eevee now evolves into Espeon and Umbreon using Sun and Moon Stones, allowing a happy Eevee to become a Sylveon." However, the requirements to evolve Sylveon is still based on having a Fairy-type move on evolution. Is the plan to keep it this way or change it to a normal friendship evolution?

Outside of minor issues like this, the hack has been great so far and I've been enjoying my time with it.
    Hey, I had to revert the changes to the Rare Candy because they stopped it from working with the "level up holding item" method for some reason. I'll revisit it in future, but Cosmog may be stuck that way for a little while.

That's because Espeon and Umbreon were taking priority over Sylveon's evolution method (even if I rearranged them to have Sylveon first or last - order should matter but doesn't, don't know why), so a happy Eevee would always become one of them instead of Sylveon, even if it knew a Fairy move. Making them stone evos fixes that, but there's no change to Sylveon's evolution method.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
    There shouldn't be a cap, period. Let people play how they want, enforcing a level cap is Pokemon Reborn levels of bad and jank.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022

I'm also facing this issue right now. The Sealed Chamber requires using Dig as a field move to open the second room, which is required to awaken the Regis, but it is replaced in the menu with Teleport. Using Teleport brings up the default "You can't use this here" message.

Back