• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm also facing this issue right now. The Sealed Chamber requires using Dig as a field move to open the second room, which is required to awaken the Regis, but it is replaced in the menu with Teleport. Using Teleport brings up the default "You can't use this here" message.
    Ah ok, I understand the problem now. Pretty sure I know what the cause is too, will fix it ASAP.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    There shouldn't be a cap, period. Let people play how they want, enforcing a level cap is Pokemon Reborn levels of bad and jank.

damn bro y are u so opposed to level caps lmao. not like I expect there to be much of a reason other than "i need to overlevel to win against bosses"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    Hello! I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I just got myself my favorite pokemon talonflame, but I noticed that he doesn't have it's ability "Gale Wings" and instead has flame charge. When I tried to change it with an ability changer, it said "this wouldn't do anything."

So, is this a bug, or is gale wings not implemented into the game yet?

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I think there's a glitch with Seaspray Cave on the southern portion of Route 115 in the Easy mode. Once I enter it I can't leave through the same exit. Maybe this was fixed in a more recent patch though and I just need to update?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Hello! I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I just got myself my favorite pokemon talonflame, but I noticed that he doesn't have it's ability "Gale Wings" and instead has flame charge. When I tried to change it with an ability changer, it said "this wouldn't do anything."

So, is this a bug, or is gale wings not implemented into the game yet?

Gale Wings is Talonflame's hidden ability. The Ability Pill item changes between a Pokemon's two normal abilities. You need the Ability Patch, which you get after obtaining the Feather Badge, to change Talonflame's ability to Gale Wings.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Got back to the game with mGBA this time working fine in my pc and I'm about to start Victory Road. So far, Wattson and the Lilycove battle with May were the hardest ones, even Archie and Maxie with the legends felt much easier haha.
    Just one question, the move tutor really stops at Mind Badge or there should be more moves after 8th badge?
    Also it would be great to have money going over 1 million if possible in a future update.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Does Whimsicott no longer have access to fake tears?

What were people's strategies for 7th Gym?..

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Just finished the Elite Four today. Difficulty on hard was perfect, I really liked how the Pawniard trade was right next to Roxanne then Butterfree with an Air Cutter tutor right before Brawly. Made the early game feel much more fair before you get good EV training options in Slateport. My only complaint is that due to levels scaling it feels like you have very little, if any, incentive to fight trainers in the ocean around Mossdeep and Pacifidlog. You already have tons and tons of money by then so experience points are usually the only reason to fight them, except now you... don't need that either, because Tate and Liza will scale to your level anyway. It makes the last third of the game feel much shorter than it is in vanilla.
    A few minor bugs I noticed while playing:
    - Gallade doesn't get Ice Punch from the move tutor even though it does in official games.
    - The Pokemon changes doc says Slurpuff gets Fire Punch and Thunder Punch but it doesn't, at least not from the move tutor.
    - If your whole party is level 100 after the Elite Four Birch's gift Cosmog will be level 100 as well, meaning it can't evolve.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I feel like cause the game scales to your level you can't really "overlevel"
    You kinda can early on, but only if you do insane amounts of grinding. The early gyms don't expect the player to have high powered moves or fully evolved starters for example.
    I think there's a glitch with Seaspray Cave on the southern portion of Route 115 in the Easy mode. Once I enter it I can't leave through the same exit. Maybe this was fixed in a more recent patch though and I just need to update?
    You can still exit, just need to walk forwards one tile first. Not sure why it's doing that.
    Got back to the game with mGBA this time working fine in my pc and I'm about to start Victory Road. So far, Wattson and the Lilycove battle with May were the hardest ones, even Archie and Maxie with the legends felt much easier haha.
    Just one question, the move tutor really stops at Mind Badge or there should be more moves after 8th badge?
    Also it would be great to have money going over 1 million if possible in a future update.
    Seems Wattson is either hard or easy depending on your team! The tutor stops getting new moves at that point so you actually get to play around with the stronger moves for a bit longer.
    Does Whimsicott no longer have access to fake tears?

What were people's strategies for 7th Gym?..
    Check the Pokedex, it gets Fake Tears the same way it always does.
    Just finished the Elite Four today. Difficulty on hard was perfect, I really liked how the Pawniard trade was right next to Roxanne then Butterfree with an Air Cutter tutor right before Brawly. Made the early game feel much more fair before you get good EV training options in Slateport. My only complaint is that due to levels scaling it feels like you have very little, if any, incentive to fight trainers in the ocean around Mossdeep and Pacifidlog. You already have tons and tons of money by then so experience points are usually the only reason to fight them, except now you... don't need that either, because Tate and Liza will scale to your level anyway. It makes the last third of the game feel much shorter than it is in vanilla.
    A few minor bugs I noticed while playing:
    - Gallade doesn't get Ice Punch from the move tutor even though it does in official games.
    - The Pokemon changes doc says Slurpuff gets Fire Punch and Thunder Punch but it doesn't, at least not from the move tutor.
    - If your whole party is level 100 after the Elite Four Birch's gift Cosmog will be level 100 as well, meaning it can't evolve.
    Thanks! I made sure there were plenty of options for tackling the early gyms. The only real incentive to fight all the ocean trainers is exp - if you don't need or want it at that point then they're useless. Personally I find the ocean route trainers boring and repetitive, even with the extra ace trainers and reduced number of water types they use in the hack, so being able to skip them is nice.
    - I'll fix those tutor issues, there are bound to be more like that.
    - The plan for that is to have Rare Candies work like they do in gen 8, which will let Cosmog evolve. I tried that change earlier but it stopped rare candies from triggering certain evolutions, so it's been removed for now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    If dive is used on your pokemon that has storm drain the diving pokemon will stay untargetable until the storm drain pokemon is switched out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    Any way to get ability patch early in the game? Or any other way to get before beating 8th gym

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • Don't like level caps because it feels like the dev is forcing you to play by their strict set of rules a'la Pokemon Reborn and other jank-ass RMXP fangames. At least it isn't forced disobedience, that's even worse.
    Also, I feel like it's antithetical to Pokemon's core design.

I personally don't micromanage levels as much as I used to but I like having that as a fallback if necessary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have been playing the game and I am about to battle the 3rd gym. I loved the newly added areas. They are all soo good. Gen3+ pokemon look incredible in GBA format and I notice even the first three gen pokemon had different sprites from the original Emerald. Their colours are much better for my taste. I am loving this game so far. Everything is so smooth and perfect. I can't wait to play the standard version tho.

But my game keeps freezing for no reason. I am using the latest release of mGBA, I just downloaded it for this game and didn't change any settings. But it keeps freezing every 5 minutes so I am saving my progress every minute. I am playing with fast forward maybe that is the reason why.

Also, I guess I found a glitch. I am not sure. I use Zoroark in my team and after receiving the egg from daycare, I realized this:
    Spoiler:

Zoroark turns into the pokemon in the egg in the battle with really weird sprites. So I used this to determine what is in the random gift egg the daycare gives us the next day. I don't need to hatch to see what is inside it anymore 😂. It doesn't crush the game tho.

Edit: I think the level cap is fair and needed for this kind of game. Because every trainer has more than 2 pokemon and there are a lot more areas with wild pokemon. Without the level cap, I think it would be chaotic to balance the game.

Edit2: I wanted to share my current team too.
    Spoiler:

Edit3: Also I have to admit I don't think I'll be able to play any other pokemon game where the wild pokemon doesn't level up with your progress. I think this is a genius feature. It makes things A LOT easier.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Question: is there anywhere I can make bug reports?

I ask because I encountered an incident in which the game soft-locked during the first gym-leader fight. I hit the Tyrunt's Red Card and got shuffled to Luxio, whose intimidate then activated and soft-locked the game.

The clip was recorded, so I can include that if necessary. I was playing Ver 1.3.1 on 3DS virtual console.

Otherwise, the game functioned really well. I was playing for hours and had an absolute blast!

Also, as a matter of curiosity, is it possible to apply this patch to roms of another language? I suspect not, but while I was playing someone asked me (in Japanese) where they could find the patch for the hack, and I had to bring up that it was probably only available in English. I've no idea what it would take to make a language patch, but I'd be happy to help with that if it were a possibility.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Any way to get ability patch early in the game? Or any other way to get before beating 8th gym
    There's one on Route 105, and they can be bought after beating the 6th gym.
    I have been playing the game and I am about to battle the 3rd gym. I loved the newly added areas. They are all soo good. Gen3+ pokemon look incredible in GBA format and I notice even the first three gen pokemon had different sprites from the original Emerald. Their colours are much better for my taste. I am loving this game so far. Everything is so smooth and perfect. I can't wait to play the standard version tho.

But my game keeps freezing for no reason. I am using the latest release of mGBA, I just downloaded it for this game and didn't change any settings. But it keeps freezing every 5 minutes so I am saving my progress every minute. I am playing with fast forward maybe that is the reason why.

Also, I guess I found a glitch. I am not sure. I use Zoroark in my team and after receiving the egg from daycare, I realized this:

Zoroark turns into the pokemon in the egg in the battle with really weird sprites. So I used this to determine what is in the random gift egg the daycare gives us the next day. I don't need to hatch to see what is inside it anymore 😂. It doesn't crush the game tho.

Edit: I think the level cap is fair and needed for this kind of game. Because every trainer has more than 2 pokemon and there are a lot more areas with wild pokemon. Without the level cap, I think it would be chaotic to balance the game.

Edit2: I wanted to share my current team too.
    Thanks! I can't take credit for the new sprites, but they are really impressive! The standard version will still be some time away as I'm focusing on fixing bugs in the battle engine right now (though that's going pretty well so who knows).

I don't know what causes the freezes, it's a common issue but only happens to some people. You could try capping the fast forward speed in the settings, maybe it's trying to go too fast? Also, did you patch the ROM yourself?

That's kinda funny, I guess Illusion doesn't check if the target is an Egg. Should be easy to fix at least!

Yeah the cap helps a lot more than it hurts, it's not just there to restrict the player. Your team looks good! Snorlax and Gastrodon will have plenty to do in the next two gyms.
    Question: is there anywhere I can make bug reports?

I ask because I encountered an incident in which the game soft-locked during the first gym-leader fight. I hit the Tyrunt's Red Card and got shuffled to Luxio, whose intimidate then activated and soft-locked the game.

The clip was recorded, so I can include that if necessary. I was playing Ver 1.3.1 on 3DS virtual console.

Otherwise, the game functioned really well. I was playing for hours and had an absolute blast!

Also, as a matter of curiosity, is it possible to apply this patch to roms of another language? I suspect not, but while I was playing someone asked me (in Japanese) where they could find the patch for the hack, and I had to bring up that it was probably only available in English. I've no idea what it would take to make a language patch, but I'd be happy to help with that if it were a possibility.
    The hack's GitHub is the best place to report bugs, but here is fine too.

That's a very strange freeze; it's hard to tell what exactly caused it, but at a guess I'd blame the Red Card. The code for that item will be completely replaced soon, so hopefully that will fix this! Glad you're enjoying it anyway though!

Unfortunately the hack can't just be patched onto ROMs in other languages, though it is open source, and of course Emerald already supports Japanese characters, so making a Japanese version is feasible. It'd be quite a lot of work, as you'd have to translate and replace every piece of text in the game, though I suppose a lot of it could be taken straight from Japanese Emerald and ORAS. I could help out with the programming side of things to some extent, but I don't think I'd be able to maintain multiple versions in different languages (and I'd be no help with the translation). If you're interested in creating and maintaining a Japanese version I'd be happy to explain what exactly would be required though!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    That's a very strange freeze; it's hard to tell what exactly caused it, but at a guess I'd blame the Red Card. The code for that item will be completely replaced soon, so hopefully that will fix this! Glad you're enjoying it anyway though!
    My personal theory (ane I mentioned it in the clip) was that it probably had something to do with Intimidate activating immediately after the Red Card. I haven't read the code or anything, but it sounds like the kind of unexpected occurrence that'd cause a game to get confused like that.

Unfortunately the hack can't just be patched onto ROMs in other languages, though it is open source, and of course Emerald already supports Japanese characters, so making a Japanese version is feasible. It'd be quite a lot of work, as you'd have to translate and replace every piece of text in the game, though I suppose a lot of it could be taken straight from Japanese Emerald and ORAS. I could help out with the programming side of things to some extent, but I don't think I'd be able to maintain multiple versions in different languages (and I'd be no help with the translation). If you're interested in creating and maintaining a Japanese version I'd be happy to explain what exactly would be required though!
    That was about what I expected. I'm not at all familiar with how these patches worked, but I felt it worth asking, because if it were possible to just say, patch onto a Japanese rom, and then translate all the additional text, it'd be nice to make available to that additional audience. Heck, if it were possible to play in Japanese, I'd probably have preferred that too... 😅 But yea, I fully get that maintaining a translation with a romhack that's still being updated would be a horrific pain in the ass. It's something I'd perhaps consider when there's a more stable build, since as you mentioned, a lot of text is still in the base-game, and if I could carry over things like Pokémon and move names, it'd at least be playable. 🤔

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    My personal theory (ane I mentioned it in the clip) was that it probably had something to do with Intimidate activating immediately after the Red Card. I haven't read the code or anything, but it sounds like the kind of unexpected occurrence that'd cause a game to get confused like that.
    It's definitely possible, I know the Red Card code doesn't handle a couple of things the way it should (blocking U-turn's switch effect for instance).
    That was about what I expected. I'm not at all familiar with how these patches worked, but I felt it worth asking, because if it were possible to just say, patch onto a Japanese rom, and then translate all the additional text, it'd be nice to make available to that additional audience. Heck, if it were possible to play in Japanese, I'd probably have preferred that too... 😅 But yea, I fully get that maintaining a translation with a romhack that's still being updated would be a horrific pain in the ass. It's something I'd perhaps consider when there's a more stable build, since as you mentioned, a lot of text is still in the base-game, and if I could carry over things like Pokémon and move names, it'd at least be playable. 🤔
    Translating just move and Pokémon names would be easy enough, that'd only change two or three files IIRC. You'd still have to patch an English ROM but it would be simple enough to maintain, as I won't need to edit those files very often. If you've used git before, all you'd need to do is make a fork of the hack, translate the names, build the game and make a patch, then update the fork every so often. Git should handle updating all the files automatically.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Another question: Where do we get the Mega stone key ring in this game so that we can mega evolve? Thanks in advance.

Back