• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm currently playing this ROM Hack and I gotta say that I'm having fun!
    I have one question though: I don't see Floette (Eternal Flower) anywhere in the docs (even in the list of unobtainable Pokémon), and I absolutely love that form of hers. I'll assume that she's not available yet. Do you have any plans to include her Eternal Flower form anytime soon since she's part of Kalos?
    Thanks! Yeah Eternal Flower Floette is unobtainable for now, I'll add it to the list in the docs. No plans to change that any time soon, more event mons (even unreleased ones) will likely be added sometime after the regular gen 8 mons.
    I'm loving the hack, but I - and I know I'm probably in the minority for this one - level caps were implemented for all gyms. As it is, it gets a little tedious to travel between routes, and sometimes I end up going "Aw, goddamn it" when one of my Pokemon levels up because I know that if one of them gets even 1 or 2 levels ahead of the rest of the party it can get pretty tough because of scaling.

I'm really adoring the fact that every battle feels strategic and not like I can just level up and mash through it, but there's some tedium in grinding for money/level parity in the party that is the only thing I don't really like. Just a minor complaint though, because honestly I'm adoring the hack more than the vanilla game at this point haha.
    Thanks! I probably will add more level cap options eventually, including an "almost always capped" option (though I might as well just make the boss battles set everything to level 50 at that point lol).
    The Tsareena was *way too fast* i can tell she had a Grass Gem, and there was no tailwind, baton pass or such at any given fight, so i kept asking my self how it outspeed a Talonflame on max Speed (IV/EVs) when her base is so low, this was a constant struggle an issue i had with Rival battles, are you sure the base is set to her normal value? because a base 72 with max IVs and EV is not outspeeding a Talonflame with a base 126 on a normal day .-. that was my biggest issue the entire game, fighting the Rival haha
    Yep I'm sure. Tsareena's not base 72 in this:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Was there a major level difference between the two?
    Oh thats why i haven't been able to find it, in the version i downloaded theres an error, I can' t make it pass the entrance because as soon as i enter its blocked by something invisible, i guess ill have to make due without going there 😅 Thank you!
    You should update to the latest version, that and many other bugs have been fixed!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Yeah, give it a look, i did this on purpose to check and verify, i didn't get tailwinded and i was not being able to hit before Tsareena with any of my mons lol, so i gave up and just toxic tanked her after making her waste the Grass Gem so it didnt one shot my vaporeon at the time, just felt really odd because i believed it had scarf at first but it showed the Grass Gem, no tailwind, no baton pass, and it was just odd, did a test with Jolly and by that time i was going thought that fight more than 30 times that i IV and EVs trained the pokemons still couldnt outspeed her

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yeah, give it a look, i did this on purpose to check and verify, i didn't get tailwinded and i was not being able to hit before Tsareena with any of my mons lol, so i gave up and just toxic tanked her after making her waste the Grass Gem so it didnt one shot my vaporeon at the time, just felt really odd because i believed it had scarf at first but it showed the Grass Gem, no tailwind, no baton pass, and it was just odd, did a test with Jolly and by that time i was going thought that fight more than 30 times that i IV and EVs trained the pokemons still couldnt outspeed her

With the five level gap and a Jolly nature, Tsareena's buffed speed stat is enough to make it faster than Adamant Talonflame:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Really hoping to play this hack in the future. I already played your other two hacks (EXWY and PSPM) and they're great, so I'm looking forward to playing this Emerald hack. But to be honest, I'm not a fan of rebalancing stats, types, moves, etc. So I guess I'll wait until the standard version come out. Can you tell when will the standard version playable? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Really hoping to play this hack in the future. I already played your other two hacks (EXWY and PSPM) and they're great, so I'm looking forward to playing this Emerald hack. But to be honest, I'm not a fan of rebalancing stats, types, moves, etc. So I guess I'll wait until the standard version come out. Can you tell when will the standard version playable? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I don't know when the standard version will be playable; right now I'm working on the AI and the battle engine, but once those are in a good spot I can work on gen 8 and the standard version.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably a rare bug with Ice Fang, if the freeze and flinch occurs in the same turn, the freeze status will get removed instantly.

And some questions if you don't mind..
    1) Is there any changes to list of items of Pickup ability?
    2) Do you still take suggestion for pokemon changes?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Any news on the plan to have Rare Candies working like gen 8 in order to evolve lvl 100 Cosmog?

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Is there an issue with Match Call? I haven't had a single trainer anywhere wanting a rematch and I really need to do some grinding.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Probably a rare bug with Ice Fang, if the freeze and flinch occurs in the same turn, the freeze status will get removed instantly.

And some questions if you don't mind..
    1) Is there any changes to list of items of Pickup ability?
    2) Do you still take suggestion for pokemon changes?
    It's possible to freeze and thaw on the same turn, doesn't sound like a bug. That's the only way you'll ever see both of Ice Fang's effects at once.
    1. Yup it's in the item locations doc
    2. Not at the moment, I'm more concerned with bug fixes right now.
    Any news on the plan to have Rare Candies working like gen 8 in order to evolve lvl 100 Cosmog?
    It's done when it's done!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I see, gotta say I'm quite curious to see this working when the time comes.
    Took a while but I got to breed my whole team and have it at lvl 96 for the league and got Cosmog at lvl 98 now.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    A question though , why Swampert can't learn Liquidation ? In Gen 8 it can learn the move via TR

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    A question though , why Swampert can't learn Liquidation ? In Gen 8 it can learn the move via TR
    From the OP: "Some TM/HM and tutor compatibility may be incorrect. These were done by hand before Sword and Shield were released and then updated, so it's very likely I made mistakes along the way! If a Pokémon doesn't learn a move that it should, please let me know so I can fix it!"
    TRs didn't even exist when I filled out the tutor compatibility tables - some of them have been updated since then, but I guess Liquidation wasn't one of them. I can fix that now though!

EDIT: that's already been fixed apparently, are you on the latest version?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Another update is up! This one increases the shiny rate, makes auto run toggleable (credit to ghoulslash), adds nature coloured stats (credit to Dizzy Egg) and fixes some bugs. There are also some balance changes to dial back some of the excessive changes I'd made (nothing drastic though). As always the full list of changes is available here: link.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    From the OP: "Some TM/HM and tutor compatibility may be incorrect. These were done by hand before Sword and Shield were released and then updated, so it's very likely I made mistakes along the way! If a Pokémon doesn't learn a move that it should, please let me know so I can fix it!"
    TRs didn't even exist when I filled out the tutor compatibility tables - some of them have been updated since then, but I guess Liquidation wasn't one of them. I can fix that now though!

EDIT: that's already been fixed apparently, are you on the latest version?

That seems to be the case ; i'm on ver 1.3 and just updated recently

EDIT : I mean 1.2 , since the file was renamed i forgot which version until i played the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    That seems to be the case ; i'm on ver 1.3 and just updated recently

EDIT : I mean 1.2 , since the file was renamed i forgot which version until i played the game.
    Ah that's definitely it then, I think that was fixed in 1.3.1.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I was playing version 1.4.1. First route I ran into a Pokemon. Didn't want to battle, so I ran away, and the screen went black. :(

I'm using GBC.emu on Android. Zero issues with Radical Red and other rom hacks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was playing version 1.4.1. First route I ran into a Pokemon. Didn't want to battle, so I ran away, and the screen went black. :(

I'm using GBC.emu on Android. Zero issues with Radical Red and other rom hacks.
    Not much I can do about that unfortunately; seems that emulator is still in development so it could well be that it can't handle some aspect of this hack (maybe the new sound mixer?) or has some inaccuracies. That issue doesn't occur on real hardware (or at least I've never seen it).

Years
  • Loving the Mega Flygon inclusion! I'd love to try this hack sometime once I have more free time! I'm glad more and more hacks have the modern exp share as well, because grinding is a massive chore

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    after updating, I'm finding that none of my berries are growing anymore and i'm positive it's been over an hour

Back