• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    wanted to ask, is wallace's whiscash meant to have anticipation as an ability, or is that unintentional?

because it feels like such a weird ability to put on a champion's pokemon i just had to ask

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    In the battle with Norman, his Linoone ate its Figy Berry and for some reason my Aegislash got confused. Is this a known error?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Loving the Mega Flygon inclusion! I'd love to try this hack sometime once I have more free time! I'm glad more and more hacks have the modern exp share as well, because grinding is a massive chore
    Thanks! Yeah it definitely helps to cut down the grind a bit, especially early game.
    after updating, I'm finding that none of my berries are growing anymore and i'm positive it's been over an hour
    I assume you're playing on a 3DS? If so that's normal (it happens sometimes), time-based events will start working again eventually.
    wanted to ask, is wallace's whiscash meant to have anticipation as an ability, or is that unintentional?

because it feels like such a weird ability to put on a champion's pokemon i just had to ask
    No that's unintentional lol, it's just got the wrong ability slot and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.
    In the battle with Norman, his Linoone ate its Figy Berry and for some reason my Aegislash got confused. Is this a known error?
    Yeah it's a known bug with the battle engine. Looks like it might be tricky to fix so it'll probably be that way for a while.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I assume you're playing on a 3DS? If so that's normal (it happens sometimes), time-based events will start working again eventually.

yeah i am, currently they still haven't grown but i shall see if it eventually does
    iwant to change my nature with oran berrys as i'm at the second gym, but I don't have enough due to planting them all

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    yeah i am, currently they still haven't grown but i shall see if it eventually does
    iwant to change my nature with oran berrys as i'm at the second gym, but I don't have enough due to planting them all
    It might take a day or two but I did all my test playthroughs on a 3DS so I know it will eventually - I ran into this problem a lot!
    Are you planning on implementing a level cap for the rest of the game after flannery?
    I might add some more options for the caps in future, we'll see!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    It might take a day or two but I did all my test playthroughs on a 3DS so I know it will eventually - I ran into this problem a lot!

Regardless, I've been enjoying this game so far. Currently doing a normal type run after failing about 5 nuzlocke attempts

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    hi, i am currently playing on version 1.4 and would like to update to the latest version, however when i start the rom on 1.5 my current save does not appear, i am playing through the My Boy emulator! on android, would this be an emulator error or do i have to do something specific? (Sorry for my English)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hi, i am currently playing on version 1.4 and would like to update to the latest version, however when i start the rom on 1.5 my current save does not appear, i am playing through the My Boy emulator! on android, would this be an emulator error or do i have to do something specific? (Sorry for my English)
    Hey, that's not an emulator issue. The "how to patch.txt" that comes with the patch also explains how to update the ROM and keep your save. Chances are you just need to rename your save file to match the ROM name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    A very minor issue since it doesn't actually affect gameplay, but Professor Birch's comments on your Hoenn Pokedex when you talk to him in person rolls over to his first comment (1-9 Pokemon) when you have a nearly completed Pokedex (I assume over 202 since that's the size of the Dex in the base game). If you call him using the PokeNav, he'll prematurely congratulate you for completing it. Similarly, when you have a completed Dex, he'll give you the in-person comment for a nearly completed Dex (190-201) instead. The base-game Johto starter event still works though.

Hi, any info on how to evolve gurdurr -> conkeldurr?
    Thank you

Gurdurr evolves into Conkeldurr when it levels up with high friendship. This is the case for most trade evolutions that only require the Pokemon to be traded. Similarly, Pokemon that need a specific item when traded evolve when they level up holding the item instead.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    A very minor issue since it doesn't actually affect gameplay, but Professor Birch's comments on your Hoenn Pokedex when you talk to him in person rolls over to his first comment (1-9 Pokemon) when you have a nearly completed Pokedex (I assume over 202 since that's the size of the Dex in the base game). If you call him using the PokeNav, he'll prematurely congratulate you for completing it. Similarly, when you have a completed Dex, he'll give you the in-person comment for a nearly completed Dex (190-201) instead. The base-game Johto starter event still works though..
    I'd guess the threshold values for those messages haven't been updated, will look into it. Thanks for letting me know!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was playing version 1.4.1. First route I ran into a Pokemon. Didn't want to battle, so I ran away, and the screen went black. :(

I'm using GBC.emu on Android. Zero issues with Radical Red and other rom hacks.
    Actually one more thing it could be - did you download a pre-patched ROM? If so, there's at least one out there that's complete garbage because it wasn't patched properly, so that could be the cause.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I just finished the game and loved it soooo much. First, I wanna thank you for creating such a well-made hack. I can't wait to see you improve even more in the future. It has every single thing I would add if I were the creator of this hack. Thank you for your time and effort and passion. Secondly, I wanna share my opinions about the game. The pokemon selection is amazing. None of the routes was overcrowded. For later gen pokemon, I could see them living in the areas they are found in the game. I can say you put a lot of thought into the wild encounters. Newly added areas are incredible. Usually, in fan games, new areas look not related to the rest of the map/region/aesthetic. But in this one, they looked incredibly organic and cohesive. At first, I thought about why there weren't any trainers in those new areas but then I realized it would be unnecessary to add them. Because, as an example, I had a level 100 team just right before the 8th gym and adding more trainers would just make the experience curve a little off-balanced. I said it for your PSPM game too, this game is hard but not unfair, hard but not impossible, hard but doesn't require you to prepare a new team to beat the obstacles. I caught and used only 6 pokemon throughout the game and didn't need to do anything else to win battles. It was still hard tho, I never won an important battle on my first try. The hardest ones for me were Winona and team flare admin double battle in their hideout. They took more than 15 tries. Also, I loved all of the quality of life improvements. Being able to adjust IVs and EVs were super helpful. Reusable TMs, no HMs in a traditional sense, instant repel, waaay improved bag... everything. Little nitpicky things, I would love if we could get both of the bikes because it is hideous to change them constantly and maybe a way to change how HM fly works, I really don't like switching pokemon from pc to just fly around. Other than that, I loved loved loved how the wild pokemon levelled up with us. I think this is a great concept which mainline pokemon series should adapt into. Finally, If anyone still questions whether I loved the game or not, my game kept crashing every 5 minutes, it happened at least more than 150 times and I still finished the game stubbornly. But I am pretty sure it was my emulator, not the game itself. I could still tell a lot of positive things about the game but for now, I will keep them for another review of a playthrough of, hopefully, the standard version.
    I also wanna share my team
    Spoiler:

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah that'd be outside the scope of this hack, even the vanilla games don't have random IVs and natures on trainer mons! Technically your Pokémon's nature isn't changed by the nature changer; it works like Sword and Shield where the original nature is preserved, but the new one is used for anything that needs it. Only difference is IE doesn't show the original nature alongside the new one.

Late reply, but I've found myself losing a bit of motivation to play due to this (mainly feeling forced to wipe out IVs). The Nature preservation thing is cool I guess.

I know for a fact that enemy trainers have completely random natures in vanilla Emerald, except for maybe the Battle Frontier. And I'm pretty sure the same goes for IVs. I know in later gens there are Ace Trainers and the like with perfect IVs.

Anyways, this isn't me making a request, because it isn't my place to do that (or anyone's really), just me letting you know how I feel at the moment. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I just finished the game and loved it soooo much. First, I wanna thank you for creating such a well-made hack. I can't wait to see you improve even more in the future. It has every single thing I would add if I were the creator of this hack. Thank you for your time and effort and passion. Secondly, I wanna share my opinions about the game. The pokemon selection is amazing. None of the routes was overcrowded. For later gen pokemon, I could see them living in the areas they are found in the game. I can say you put a lot of thought into the wild encounters. Newly added areas are incredible. Usually, in fan games, new areas look not related to the rest of the map/region/aesthetic. But in this one, they looked incredibly organic and cohesive. At first, I thought about why there weren't any trainers in those new areas but then I realized it would be unnecessary to add them. Because, as an example, I had a level 100 team just right before the 8th gym and adding more trainers would just make the experience curve a little off-balanced. I said it for your PSPM game too, this game is hard but not unfair, hard but not impossible, hard but doesn't require you to prepare a new team to beat the obstacles. I caught and used only 6 pokemon throughout the game and didn't need to do anything else to win battles. It was still hard tho, I never won an important battle on my first try. The hardest ones for me were Winona and team flare admin double battle in their hideout. They took more than 15 tries. Also, I loved all of the quality of life improvements. Being able to adjust IVs and EVs were super helpful. Reusable TMs, no HMs in a traditional sense, instant repel, waaay improved bag... everything. Little nitpicky things, I would love if we could get both of the bikes because it is hideous to change them constantly and maybe a way to change how HM fly works, I really don't like switching pokemon from pc to just fly around. Other than that, I loved loved loved how the wild pokemon levelled up with us. I think this is a great concept which mainline pokemon series should adapt into. Finally, If anyone still questions whether I loved the game or not, my game kept crashing every 5 minutes, it happened at least more than 150 times and I still finished the game stubbornly. But I am pretty sure it was my emulator, not the game itself. I could still tell a lot of positive things about the game but for now, I will keep them for another review of a playthrough of, hopefully, the standard version.
    I also wanna share my team
    Spoiler:
    Thanks! I tried to follow Game Freak's mapping style as much as possible when making the new areas, so it's good to hear that they fit in! I might add trainers to more of the new areas later on, though I wanted some of them to feel abandoned or rarely explored, so that's why there are no trainers there.
    That's exactly where I wanted the difficulty to be too! If you deliberately counter team the bosses they're easy, but that'll happen no matter how hard I make them, so it's better that they let you use any Pokémon you want to beat them.
    I might add the Eon Flute and both bikes eventually, those'd be good QoL changes. Game Freak kinda did wild mon scaling with the wild area, but it would be cool to see a whole region scale that way too, even if it was only after becoming Champion. Regarding the crashes, did you download a pre-patched version by any chance? I'd like to find out what causes this and pre-patched ROMs are the main suspect at the moment.

Looks like a fun team! No Light Ball on Raichu though?
    Illusion's a known issue, it's mentioned in the OP.
    Late reply, but I've found myself losing a bit of motivation to play due to this (mainly feeling forced to wipe out IVs). The Nature preservation thing is cool I guess.

I know for a fact that enemy trainers have completely random natures in vanilla Emerald, except for maybe the Battle Frontier. And I'm pretty sure the same goes for IVs. I know in later gens there are Ace Trainers and the like with perfect IVs.

Anyways, this isn't me making a request, because it isn't my place to do that (or anyone's really), just me letting you know how I feel at the moment. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.
    I can assure you that's absolutely not the case - natures are all determined based on the species name and the trainer name. They appear random as they weren't deliberately set by anyone - they're generated by an algorithm, but there's no randomness in it, so they'll be the same every time. See CreateNPCTrainerParty in this file: link. IVs on the other hand are preset for each trainer Pokemon in the game, it's part of the trainer party mon data. Frontier mons have preset natures, IVs and EVs.

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can assure you that's absolutely not the case - natures are all determined based on the species name and the trainer name. They appear random as they weren't deliberately set by anyone - they're generated by an algorithm, but there's no randomness in it, so they'll be the same every time. See CreateNPCTrainerParty in this file: link. IVs on the other hand are preset for each trainer Pokemon in the game, it's part of the trainer party mon data. Frontier mons have preset natures, IVs and EVs.

Oh but that's exactly what I meant - random as in not deliberately set by anyone. I didn't know that about IVs since the trainer editor I'm used to didn't let you change em.

Back