• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Oh but that's exactly what I meant - random as in not deliberately set by anyone. I didn't know that about IVs since the trainer editor I'm used to didn't let you change em.
    Ah fair enough! Many trainer editors mislabel IVs as EVs because Game Freak decided to store them as a value between 0 and 255 instead of 0 and 31.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Hey! It seems Magneton can't learn Signal Beam from the Move Tutor. Is this intentional?
    Can't confirm right now, but Magnemite and Magnezone probably can't either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks! I tried to follow Game Freak's mapping style as much as possible when making the new areas, so it's good to hear that they fit in! I might add trainers to more of the new areas later on, though I wanted some of them to feel abandoned or rarely explored, so that's why there are no trainers there.
    That's exactly where I wanted the difficulty to be too! If you deliberately counter team the bosses they're easy, but that'll happen no matter how hard I make them, so it's better that they let you use any Pokémon you want to beat them.
    I might add the Eon Flute and both bikes eventually, those'd be good QoL changes. Game Freak kinda did wild mon scaling with the wild area, but it would be cool to see a whole region scale that way too, even if it was only after becoming Champion. Regarding the crashes, did you download a pre-patched version by any chance? I'd like to find out what causes this and pre-patched ROMs are the main suspect at the moment.

Looks like a fun team! No Light Ball on Raichu though?
    Illusion's a known issue, it's mentioned in the OP.

I patched the game myself. I just learn about the light ball thing. To be honest I didn't read the documents so I can play as blindly as possible. I am sure my emulator is the problem because even if I try to close the app normally it just freezes and crashes.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to ask something about IoA moves like Grassy Glide and Rising Voltage. Do they have tutors for respective moves or it will be released in future patch along with gen 8 mons ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I want to ask something about IoA moves like Grassy Glide and Rising Voltage. Do they have tutors for respective moves or it will be released in future patch along with gen 8 mons ?
    They'll be released in a future patch; I've done the compatibility data but the moves don't do anything yet, so there's no tutor for them. They'll just be added to the existing tutor in the Poke Center.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I just finished hard mode and it was really fun. Choice Band Brave Bird Aerodactyl nuked everything.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The berries have still refused to grow so I wondering if it's because I saved outside the pokemon center caused this

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    this looks incredible. can you make a version of this without forced expshare pls? also i didnt see any mention of exp for catching pokemon but id like it without that too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I just finished hard mode and it was really fun. Choice Band Brave Bird Aerodactyl nuked everything.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
    Glad you enjoyed it! Aerodactyl's very good with Brave Bird.
    The berries have still refused to grow so I wondering if it's because I saved outside the pokemon center caused this
    It's definitely an issue with the clock, or something to do with the way saves are handled in virtual console. You can get the time based events to progress by loading the save on an eumlator, saving once and then injecting it back into the virtual console. Not sure if they'll continue as normal after that but it should at least get the berries to grow.
    this looks incredible. can you make a version of this without forced expshare pls? also i didnt see any mention of exp for catching pokemon but id like it without that too.
    Thanks! No sorry I'm not interested in making either of those an option, as the game is balanced around the exp share and capture exp doesn't hurt anything.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    It's definitely an issue with the clock, or something to do with the way saves are handled in virtual console. You can get the time based events to progress by loading the save on an eumlator, saving once and then injecting it back into the virtual console. Not sure if they'll continue as normal after that but it should at least get the berries to grow.

i shall give that a try and see if that works!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    went back to the game cause I was about to save to do what you suggested, when I noticed some berries have grown now.
    guess I just needed to wait long enough. hopefuly berries will keep growing now

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    Thanks! No sorry I'm not interested in making either of those an option, as the game is balanced around the exp share and capture exp doesn't hurt anything.

thats disappointing, exp share n exp capture are baby mode. imo they should always be optional. still very impressive stuff.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So the best money grinding is thieving at meteor Falls? Or can we rematch trainers?
    You can rematch trainers, but it's the same system as the vanilla game so it's not very good until you can battle Gabby and Ty or the league repeatedly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2021
    I'm currently running v1.3.1. How to I update to 1.5 with everything in tact? I used the ROM Patcher JS site but it seemed to give me an unplayable file

Edit: I'm using mGBA. Also tried using uniPatcher app but I keep getting a message that I dont have any apps that are compatible with the xdelta file

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm currently running v1.3.1. How to I update to 1.5 with everything in tact? I used the ROM Patcher JS site but it seemed to give me an unplayable file

Edit: I'm using mGBA. Also tried using uniPatcher app but I keep getting a message that I dont have any apps that are compatible with the xdelta file
    Make sure you're patching a clean ROM, and that your save file has the same name as the newly patched ROM.

Back