• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2021
    Great work on the game guys I enjoy playing ... Question how do I me ga evolve Pokemon
    So far I have given the pokemon their corresponding mega stone to hold and I have registered mega bracelet
    But when I go to fight and I press select it just moves the selected attack around
    I have also have 5 gym badges as well don't know if it has something to do with that ...

HELP ME PLZ!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Great work on the game guys I enjoy playing ... Question how do I me ga evolve Pokemon
    So far I have given the pokemon their corresponding mega stone to hold and I have registered mega bracelet
    But when I go to fight and I press select it just moves the selected attack around
    I have also have 5 gym badges as well don't know if it has something to do with that ...

HELP ME PLZ!
    Thanks! Press Start, not Select.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    Of course, Pickup won't do anything f you don't have it in the party.

Thanks! Cloud Nine doesn't remove weather, just the effects of weather - it negates abilities like Slush Rush and removes Blizzard's perfect accuracy in hail, but the hail is still there.
    You need to beat Spencer before Greta will battle you, he can be found in the mart.

Oh ok thanks

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2022
    My starter mon can't seem to gain anymore XP he is lvl 16 with like 3 ticks of XP and no matter what I battle he doesn't gain any xp.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    My starter mon can't seem to gain anymore XP he is lvl 16 with like 3 ticks of XP and no matter what I battle he doesn't gain any xp.

From the first post: "As of version 1.3, a level cap system keeps the scaling reasonable and makes training a full party to equal levels easier. Once a Pokémon is over the cap, it'll only get one EXP point per KO, but will still earn EVs."

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    Just gonna ask. Im new to shiny hunting and stuff.
    Iis the shiny rng in this hack the same as the rng on the emerald version? Do i need to start a new game or soft resetting will do ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    Just gonna ask. Im new to shiny hunting and stuff.
    Iis the shiny rng in this hack the same as the rng on the emerald version? Do i need to start a new game or soft resetting will do ?

Both soft resetting and reloading save states works. You can confirm this yourself by fishing a Pokemon, making a save state when you hook one, catch it, check stats, reload. They'll be different each time.

On the topic of shiny hunting I had another thought. If dexnav is mostly useless in this romhack, would it be possible and easier to just make a late/post game means to just turn a chosen pokemon into a shiny, in exchange for something that's equally rare, but farmable? I have no idea if that's possible in a romhack, or if it'd even be more space efficient.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Heyo, hey remember when I said that I would stop with suggestions? Well I guess not because after seeing the removal of Sky Drop, I had an idea on how to keep the move, but rework it so that it isn't coding hell for you guys to work with, alongside another suggestion based on when I showed off the ROM hack to some friends:

- Rework Sky Drop into a Flying-type version of Low Kick. The idea for this was that when you drop an item from high up in real life, those things usually shatter, with bigger things usually bloody exploding into parts and pieces, so maybe bringing that sorta thing into Pokemon as a move that get stronger the heavier the target is could work. Would also give Flying-types a good physical STAB option if they don't wanna be repeatedly at death's door due to Brave Bird or to not be able to hold an item to make Acrobatics work.

- Also, while I was doing my Mono-Water run, I decided to show some people that never played but are interested to play the ROM hack some of the new stuff you guys made, and once I showed them Mega Kingdra, their reaction was basically that it looks more like a "grandpa Kingdra" rather than a Mega and that it doesn't really pop out as a Mega unlike most designs, so maybe potentially you guys could change up the design a little bit to make it more like a Pokemon that has Mega Evolved unlike it just being a Kingdra but slightly different. This isn't to throw shade to the sprite artist by the way, as the sprite is really good, just a suggestion on how to improve it a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Love this Rom Hack! Just finished the second gym and currently working on building a team I enjoy. Hoenn has always been my favourite area but had my least enjoyed Pokemon in the series. This gives me so many options to create teams I want and with a better challenge as well! Just a question in regards to weather, I've checked but haven't had this question asked, does weather reduce opposing damage by 50% or 20%?

Also a little feedback, I feel that the Kanto starters are fairly imbalanced and their mega abilities as alternates devalue their megas. Blastoise is mad broken that I don't see a need to use his mega form. Venusaur is a great wall with Thick Fat. Maybe only Charizard gets shafted because tough claws doesn't provide as much in its base form due to its lower attack stats, while drought would make it as broken as Blastoise is right now. Maybe consider making some small tweaks here?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2023
    I have a suggestion regarding Cosmog, if its only possible to get one evolution maybe there can be some kind of event trigger to get the other similar to latios/latias where the one you don't pick is elsewhere. I enjoy dex completion in these hacks so missing just the one evolution would be a pain. also as far as evolving it goes i think sun/moon stones would be a better option than the level 53 during the day/night option but that's just me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Heyo, hey remember when I said that I would stop with suggestions? Well I guess not because after seeing the removal of Sky Drop, I had an idea on how to keep the move, but rework it so that it isn't coding hell for you guys to work with, alongside another suggestion based on when I showed off the ROM hack to some friends:

- Rework Sky Drop into a Flying-type version of Low Kick. The idea for this was that when you drop an item from high up in real life, those things usually shatter, with bigger things usually bloody exploding into parts and pieces, so maybe bringing that sorta thing into Pokemon as a move that get stronger the heavier the target is could work. Would also give Flying-types a good physical STAB option if they don't wanna be repeatedly at death's door due to Brave Bird or to not be able to hold an item to make Acrobatics work.

- Also, while I was doing my Mono-Water run, I decided to show some people that never played but are interested to play the ROM hack some of the new stuff you guys made, and once I showed them Mega Kingdra, their reaction was basically that it looks more like a "grandpa Kingdra" rather than a Mega and that it doesn't really pop out as a Mega unlike most designs, so maybe potentially you guys could change up the design a little bit to make it more like a Pokemon that has Mega Evolved unlike it just being a Kingdra but slightly different. This isn't to throw shade to the sprite artist by the way, as the sprite is really good, just a suggestion on how to improve it a bit more.
    Hey!
    - I'd rather just be rid of Sky Drop honestly, without the TM only three Pokémon lines learn it and I'm not going to make it a tutor move at any point.
    - Yeah mega Kingdra was a little rushed, I'll slap some more clutter on its body or give it some extra colours at some point to give it that mega look. Though to be fair some of the official megas are just as bad (looking at you, big stripy Sharpedo and differently-coloured Charizard)!
    Love this Rom Hack! Just finished the second gym and currently working on building a team I enjoy. Hoenn has always been my favourite area but had my least enjoyed Pokemon in the series. This gives me so many options to create teams I want and with a better challenge as well! Just a question in regards to weather, I've checked but haven't had this question asked, does weather reduce opposing damage by 50% or 20%?

Also a little feedback, I feel that the Kanto starters are fairly imbalanced and their mega abilities as alternates devalue their megas. Blastoise is mad broken that I don't see a need to use his mega form. Venusaur is a great wall with Thick Fat. Maybe only Charizard gets shafted because tough claws doesn't provide as much in its base form due to its lower attack stats, while drought would make it as broken as Blastoise is right now. Maybe consider making some small tweaks here?
    Thanks! Weather damage reduction is still 50% whether it's infinite weather or temporary.

Yeah, that puts them in a similar place as Blaziken, which was the goal - the mega is still better, but you can use the base form instead and get similar results. I should probably move Mega Launcher to Blastoise's hidden ability slot though, it's clearly better than Rain Dish!
    I have a suggestion regarding Cosmog, if its only possible to get one evolution maybe there can be some kind of event trigger to get the other similar to latios/latias where the one you don't pick is elsewhere. I enjoy dex completion in these hacks so missing just the one evolution would be a pain. also as far as evolving it goes i think sun/moon stones would be a better option than the level 53 during the day/night option but that's just me.
    Eventually I'll add an event similar to Sun and Moon where you can get a second Cosmog and then evolve that into the one you didn't choose. It'll need some map work though which is why it isn't in already! I suspect level 53 at day/night will be the official new evo method for Cosmoem, seeing as that's what they did with Rockruff in Sword and Shield.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    I found a bug in the most recent version I think. I was on route 103 and I encountered a wingul. The game froze and is repeating the same noise after it used growl. I was just grinding exp while I was there for turtwig

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Having a lot of fun with this hack! Difficulty definitely feels just right, it's challenging and sometimes requires swapping out team members, but doesn't feel like you need overly-specific mons to win fights.

Came across a glitch though, Water Shuriken only procs Storm Drain once, and then continues hitting as normal. My Storm Drain Stunfisk just got taken out by an enemy Accelgor through this method.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I found a bug in the most recent version I think. I was on route 103 and I encountered a wingul. The game froze and is repeating the same noise after it used growl. I was just grinding exp while I was there for turtwig
    Hey, which emulator are you using, and did you patch the ROM yourself? That's a very strange bug to run into!
    Having a lot of fun with this hack! Difficulty definitely feels just right, it's challenging and sometimes requires swapping out team members, but doesn't feel like you need overly-specific mons to win fights.

Came across a glitch though, Water Shuriken only procs Storm Drain once, and then continues hitting as normal. My Storm Drain Stunfisk just got taken out by an enemy Accelgor through this method.
    Thanks! That's definitely the goal, didn't want it to feel like you need a whole new team for every other boss fight.

Had the exact same thing happen with my Stunfisk, but haven't had a chance to investigate the cause yet. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by the next version.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Another small glitch with the battle system, I'm not sure what specifically caused this but I can tell you the general combat situation:

Duskull vs May's M-Blaziken at Lilycove
    Weather Status: Permanent Hail
    M-Blaziken status: Toxic Poison
    M-Blaziken KO's Duskull, is KO'd from Toxic Poison/Hail damage (unfortunately I missed which of these got the KO, and I can't rewind the emulator enough to check)
    Experience from the KO levels up one of my pokemon (A-Ninetales)
    Go to Pokemon select screen, everything looks normal
    Send out Swellow, minor graphical glitches as shown below. The M-Evo logo is above Swellows sprite (It slides in from the side when the players name/health UI does), as well as the name being slightly off from where it should be. It's also displaying Duskull's health (0/168), and not Swellow's health (209/209)

Spoiler:

My immediate guess is something to do with M-Blaziken being KO'd by passive damage on the same turn I had a pokemon KO'd, but I'm not 100%. Going into my Pokemon menu and then back fixes the visuals and everything displays as normal from then on, but if I don't do that then things get even weirder. If I'm hit, my health doesn't move at all but then I'm KO'd as normal (Swellow is slower than Vikavolt and has no chance of surviving TBolt). If I instead survive the turn, then when my Flame Orb triggers at the end of the round, the graphic " 79" appears in the text box and my status shows that Swellow is Asleep instead of Burned.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Maybe consider giving charizard drought as its hidden ability and move solar power to mega y? this is just a personal request/suggestion so when I play my Red playthrough I can give the mega to someone else besides charizard while maintaining synergy between charizard and venusaur (Hopefully by then gmax lapras could be ported into the game as a mega).

Also, I noticed that for some reason my game slows down during water shuriken animation. Any idea why? Currently using mBoy on android ( just completed the 4th badge)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Another small glitch with the battle system, I'm not sure what specifically caused this but I can tell you the general combat situation:

Duskull vs May's M-Blaziken at Lilycove
    Weather Status: Permanent Hail
    M-Blaziken status: Toxic Poison
    M-Blaziken KO's Duskull, is KO'd from Toxic Poison/Hail damage (unfortunately I missed which of these got the KO, and I can't rewind the emulator enough to check)
    Experience from the KO levels up one of my pokemon (A-Ninetales)
    Go to Pokemon select screen, everything looks normal
    Send out Swellow, minor graphical glitches as shown below. The M-Evo logo is above Swellows sprite (It slides in from the side when the players name/health UI does), as well as the name being slightly off from where it should be. It's also displaying Duskull's health (0/168), and not Swellow's health (209/209)

Spoiler:

My immediate guess is something to do with M-Blaziken being KO'd by passive damage on the same turn I had a pokemon KO'd, but I'm not 100%. Going into my Pokemon menu and then back fixes the visuals and everything displays as normal from then on, but if I don't do that then things get even weirder. If I'm hit, my health doesn't move at all but then I'm KO'd as normal (Swellow is slower than Vikavolt and has no chance of surviving TBolt). If I instead survive the turn, then when my Flame Orb triggers at the end of the round, the graphic " 79" appears in the text box and my status shows that Swellow is Asleep instead of Burned.

Spoiler:
    Yeah that's definitely something to do with the mega evo icon. Sometimes it's not cleared properly when a mega faints, so I'd guess the code that handles that is actually doing something it shouldn't, which eventually leads to the UI imploding like you've seen there. I've tried to find the issue with it but the code looks OK, so it's going to be tricky to fix.
    Maybe consider giving charizard drought as its hidden ability and move solar power to mega y? this is just a personal request/suggestion so when I play my Red playthrough I can give the mega to someone else besides charizard while maintaining synergy between charizard and venusaur (Hopefully by then gmax lapras could be ported into the game as a mega).

Also, I noticed that for some reason my game slows down during water shuriken animation. Any idea why? Currently using mBoy on android ( just completed the 4th badge)
    That'd probably be a bit too strong, Drought + Solar Power is an instant +80% damage to fire moves - on Zard Y that's Fire Blast always 2HKOs Blissey levels of damage haha. Gmax Lapras is already in as a mega!

No idea why that happens, is it an actual frame rate drop or is the animation just slow?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    That'd probably be a bit too strong, Drought + Solar Power is an instant +80% damage to fire moves - on Zard Y that's Fire Blast always 2HKOs Blissey levels of damage haha.
    Yea I thought so, was just hoping for Charizard have drought so I do not need to use its mega form later but totally understand the rational in ensuring he doesn't get broken. 2 megas make him hard to balance as well.

Gmax Lapras is already in as a mega!
    How did I miss it in the docs? Thanks for the update.

No idea why that happens, is it an actual frame rate drop or is the animation just slow?

It feels like a frame drop and it gets a little annoying because its a multi-hit move. Anyway for me to check if its animation or frame issue?

Also, would it be possible in the future to register multiple items so we do not need to keep accessing the bag like RR? Just a small QOL suggestion. Love the key item escape rope too btw.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yea I thought so, was just hoping for Charizard have drought so I do not need to use its mega form later but totally understand the rational in ensuring he doesn't get broken. 2 megas make him hard to balance as well.
    How did I miss it in the docs? Thanks for the update.
    It feels like a frame drop and it gets a little annoying because its a multi-hit move. Anyway for me to check if its animation or frame issue?
    I don't know how you'd check honestly, I've never used myBoy.
    Also, would it be possible in the future to register multiple items so we do not need to keep accessing the bag like RR? Just a small QOL suggestion. Love the key item escape rope too btw.
    Yeah, I wanted to have that in before release but didn't have time. There's already public code available for it, but it's a little outdated so adding it to the ROM will take a bit of work. The escape rope change is straight out of gen 8 haha. It's a great feature but they didn't have nearly enough places to use it.

Back