• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Hey, it's fairly low on the list at the moment as it's just a visual bug, and the Cherrim/Castform code is nasty. I've tried to fix it, but had to shelve it as it wound up being overly complicated and will need some massive changes to bring it in line with the other form changes.

Gotcha. Great hack btw. I'm really enjoying it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Also, was the accuracy on the move sing changed? I looked in the docs but couldn't find anything, but I just fought a trainer on route 103 and his Delcatty does not ever miss the move.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2021
    So I've read everything in the release zip.. I think but how do you evolve Alolan Vulpix? Unless I missed something it's at level 93.. awesome game tho.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2021
    I have read files in the release zip.. but I still don't know how to evolve Alolan Vulpix.... Also I was scrolling around the net and saw that #721 would be Volcanion in the pokedex....

Great game enjoy the game very much and always play in my freetime.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    that's definitely a problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-30 135032.png
      Screenshot 2021-10-30 135032.png
      64 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    I actually wanted to ask some things, since hearing about behind the scene stuff is kinda fascinating, and it's sorta fun to hear too:

- Were you ever tempted to add in or remove type resists/weaknesses to any type, to maybe make some underappreciated or weaker types better?

And also:

- Was there anything you really wanted to add in to the rom hack but couldn't because of limitations or other stuff?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Also, was the accuracy on the move sing changed? I looked in the docs but couldn't find anything, but I just fought a trainer on route 103 and his Delcatty does not ever miss the move.
    Nope it's the same as always. The AI just likes sleep moves, so you'll see them used more often and that'll make them feel like they work a lot too.
    I have read files in the release zip.. but I still don't know how to evolve Alolan Vulpix.... Also I was scrolling around the net and saw that #721 would be Volcanion in the pokedex....

Great game enjoy the game very much and always play in my freetime.
    You can always check the in game Pokedex to see how a mon evolves. If it's not mentioned in the docs it's the same method as the official games.
    I actually wanted to ask some things, since hearing about behind the scene stuff is kinda fascinating, and it's sorta fun to hear too:

- Were you ever tempted to add in or remove type resists/weaknesses to any type, to maybe make some underappreciated or weaker types better?

And also:

- Was there anything you really wanted to add in to the rom hack but couldn't because of limitations or other stuff?

Spoiler:
    - I was very tempted to add a Ghost and maybe Dark resistance to Bug (for similar reasons that Psychic is weak to them - bugs don't ever seem to be afraid of things), but ultimately decided I didn't want to change the type chart. Bug might get a type bonus like Dark's Prankster immunity or Poison's never-miss Toxic in future though.

- Yep! I wanted to rip the mega evo sound effect from the 3DS games and use that, but it seems it's broken up into parts in XY and I'm not sure how to put it back together/add it to the decomp. I also wanted a proper numeric input system for the IV/EV sisters (think the box you use to choose quantities in the shop), but couldn't quite figure that out. Will probably try again in future.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    It says TM58 is available at the Slateport Market, but it's not there, at least for me. TM49 I believe (vanilla emerald) is also obtainable in the ferry from Slateport to Lilycove, although I'm not sure since it says my inventory is full. Not sure if that's intended. Your document item locations is missing the mind plate, it is indeed in game, but I can't recall where I found it. The Pixie plate falls under "Battle Items" in the bag when all other plates fall under "Items". Berry #55 (Probably Salac) can't be found in game yet I believe.

I saw you mention a possible bug type buff and I had a few ideas. 1. Guaranteeing the secondary effect to activate on bug moves, besides silver wind and steam roller. 2. Built-in bright powder (stacks or not with the item) 3. Hitting an contact move on a bug type could cause an infestation until the defending bug type pokemon dies.

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    question where would be the best areas to grind levels quickly or is it all just in the grass and stuff due to level scaling?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    question where would be the best areas to grind levels quickly or is it all just in the grass and stuff due to level scaling?

If you have money to spare, some routes have good rates to find Audino with honey. If you have a Pokemon that's 10+ levels above the ones you want to train, keep it in your party and use training bands to get better rates. If you're within that 5 levels range use lucky eggs instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    hello, me again, so slight issue about changing the shiny odds, apparently the odds are for If the pokemon will display as shiny, not the actual shiny odds, I was trying to get a shiny starter, and after having to resort to changing the odds to what is effectively 1/1 (65536/65536) after I got my starter I saved, then when I loaded the Rom after changing the odds to what is effectively 1/64 (1024/65536) and my starter was no longer shiny :/ I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    It says TM58 is available at the Slateport Market, but it's not there, at least for me. TM49 I believe (vanilla emerald) is also obtainable in the ferry from Slateport to Lilycove, although I'm not sure since it says my inventory is full. Not sure if that's intended. Your document item locations is missing the mind plate, it is indeed in game, but I can't recall where I found it. The Pixie plate falls under "Battle Items" in the bag when all other plates fall under "Items". Berry #55 (Probably Salac) can't be found in game yet I believe.

I saw you mention a possible bug type buff and I had a few ideas. 1. Guaranteeing the secondary effect to activate on bug moves, besides silver wind and steam roller. 2. Built-in bright powder (stacks or not with the item) 3. Hitting an contact move on a bug type could cause an infestation until the defending bug type pokemon dies.
    Yeah it should just say Slateport City for TM58. TM49 needs to be replaced with some other item, though I'll probably just remove the NPC and recycle the flag he uses.

Those would all be a bit too broken I think, it should be something simple.
    hello, me again, so slight issue about changing the shiny odds, apparently the odds are for If the pokemon will display as shiny, not the actual shiny odds, I was trying to get a shiny starter, and after having to resort to changing the odds to what is effectively 1/1 (65536/65536) after I got my starter I saved, then when I loaded the Rom after changing the odds to what is effectively 1/64 (1024/65536) and my starter was no longer shiny :/ I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.
    Hey, that's exactly how it's supposed to work. You can look up the math on bulbapedia or something if you're interested in knowing why.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    i can't find a vibrava in pokemon location, yet it's not mentioned under "unobtainable pokemon "

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    that's not what I was talking about, I was talking about the fact that the pokemon is no longer shiny when I change back the odds is not how it's supposed to work, the problem with changing the odds is that I have to rebuild the Rom in order for changing the odds to actually do anything.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    that's not what I was talking about, I was talking about the fact that the pokemon is no longer shiny when I change back the odds is not how it's supposed to work
    Yes, I know, and again, that is exactly how it's supposed to work. If you expected your starter to stay shiny after doing that then you don't understand how shinies work, which is why I suggested doing some research.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    So, I'm giving this a try, though one detail I wish I hadn't skipped over while reading the original post, as it is unfortunately going to dampen my enjoyment of the hack: I really, REALLY hope more hacks do NOT follow Gen 8's experience example as this one does.

I HATE Gen 8's experience share not because it exists, but because there is no option to turn it off. It completely screws with my head, and completely screws up how I've trained my party for more than two decades of playing Pokemon. I appreciate that this one is weaker than Gen 8's system, but the fact that there is no option to turn it off is greatly disappointing to me.

Outside that however, I *have* been otherwise enjoying this so far, and am currently on my way to Dewford Town.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    i can't find a vibrava in pokemon location, yet it's not mentioned under "unobtainable pokemon "

Because that part is clearly meant for pokémon that are not yet able to be caught in any way.
    Not all pokémon are available on their mid/final stages, just catch the Trapinch and you should quickly be able to evolve it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    that's not what I was talking about, I was talking about the fact that the pokemon is no longer shiny when I change back the odds is not how it's supposed to work, the problem with changing the odds is that I have to rebuild the Rom in order for changing the odds to actually do anything.

To clarify, whether or not a pokemon is shiny is determined by a calculation using your trainers secret ID and the pokemons personality ID, the former of which you cannot see without cheats, the latter of which is determined by the pokemons nature and IVs. Changing that line in the code doesn't do anything but change the number of potential PIDs that match your SID for a shiny. Maxing them makes all PIDs result in shiny, for example. This is why you cannot abuse this to get a one time shiny, as it does not change the PIDs, just what PIDs result in shiny. So if you change it back, the PID no longer results in a shiny for you, thus it reverts.

There is another line of code you can modify to get your desired result I found while testing the yet to be implemented shiny charm, but I'm not able to go digging for it currently, however that might set you on the right course.

Back