• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Hi! Thanks for this fantastic game, i'm in my second playtrought and can't see the end with all the pokemon and the team possibilities that this game provides us :D
    Just a quick question: would be possible to make mega absol dark/fairy instead of only dark (like radical red has done)?
    I think it gives more flexibility to the pokemon and makes it more usable than it actually is.
    Just my 2 cents, i will understand if it isn't possible ^^'
    Thanks again for all your hard work! :D

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hey really awesome hack. Just wanted to point out a bug(?) ..

Sometimes the Exp share works automatically. Even the Pokemon which are not participating in the battle would get Exp points.

It is really random at times and the exp share is kind of broken I think.

Again awesome work and thanks for your hard work

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Any possibility of including the DexNav in a future update?

Also a couple of QoL updates: The possibility of registering more than one item and the bag sorting feature.

(I haven't updated to 1.12 though so I don't know if any of this is there).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Awesome game, havent actually finished a whole run since I keep restarting to try out different set of teams but its still fun nonetheless

Although I have to say, RNG can really mess with you, I've been trying to Shiny hunt a Shiny Froakie for my starter, already at 1553 count of resetting and still no sign of that shiny frog, and to make it worst, I already encountered that shiny zigzagoon 3 times now, at 497th 1017th and just now on my 1549th reset (which is the reason of this post) also noticed that zigzagoon showing up on the 500th count or so after the last encounter

Well wish me luck and hope I get that shiny frog soon, since I was planning to run a ninja themed team this time

Edit: Okay this time the game is messing with the RNG, already on the 2000th+ reset and guess what happened? On the 2035th reset, Shiny Zigzagoon again and no signs of Shiny Froakie, and again with the interval of nearing the 500th count or more since the last, I'm starting to think Shiny Froakie is not in the game if not for my previous succesful attempts in getting a shiny starter (Oshawott 130 resets, Turtwig 833 reset

Edit2: The hunt for the shiny frog is finally over, after 2140 resets, 4 shiny zigzagoon, I finally got it, the I guess the "desire detector" in RNG is real, the more you want the more it eludes you, when I was just decided to just hunt for and ideal natured male Froakie is when the frog actually appeared shiny
    Thanks! Congrats on the shiny, sometimes they just don't want to appear!
    Hi! Thanks for this fantastic game, i'm in my second playtrought and can't see the end with all the pokemon and the team possibilities that this game provides us :D
    Just a quick question: would be possible to make mega absol dark/fairy instead of only dark (like radical red has done)?
    I think it gives more flexibility to the pokemon and makes it more usable than it actually is.
    Just my 2 cents, i will understand if it isn't possible ^^'
    Thanks again for all your hard work! :D
    You're welcome, happy to hear you like the hack! Fairy does make everything better, but I'm not sure if it fits Absol. It's based on a mythical creature but that's about the only link to the typing it has.
    Hey really awesome hack. Just wanted to point out a bug(?) ..

Sometimes the Exp share works automatically. Even the Pokemon which are not participating in the battle would get Exp points.

It is really random at times and the exp share is kind of broken I think.

Again awesome work and thanks for your hard work
    Thanks! Please read the section in the OP or docs about the EXP system; this is not a bug, nor is it random.
    Any possibility of including the DexNav in a future update?

Also a couple of QoL updates: The possibility of registering more than one item and the bag sorting feature.

(I haven't updated to 1.12 though so I don't know if any of this is there).
    No to the dexnav; it doesn't add anything except an easy shiny hunting method and needs a lot of save space that I'd rather use for other things. The others are very likely to be in eventually though!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I see ..Now I understand it .sorry my bad for not checking the custom Exp system first. again awesome work. Thank you. I know you said it will take time but cannot wait for the Battle frontier addition to the game.

Thank you for the game

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hello, does it have Ash Greninja??

Also related to this, has anyone attempted to hunt for a shiny version of it? Since I see that it was only added in the 1.8 version, I havent really seen any post or anyone saying its possible, but if it is, I guess I know what to shiny hunt for next in my current ninja run, although it kinda beats the purpose of my 2k+ resets to get a shiny froakie starter if we could get the pokemon as a separate entity instead of it becoming a mega evolution

Edit: okay I tried claiming the mystery gift greninja on a different save and saw that its mega evolution is tied to its ability, would it be possible to make it available as a hidden ability? I mean the earliest you can get the AbilityPatch you get for a hidden ability is after you get Surf which should be the time you can do mega evolutions according to the storyline of the game, and since the claimable one is before you get Balance Badge its fine since by the time you battle tue 5th gym Mega Evolution will be unlocked before the Gym Leader fight

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Yes, for the Absol there aren't much hint for the addition of a fairy type, but it also learn play rough, so maybe... xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2021
    Anyone got a comprehensive list of moves pokemon can learn and how they learn them? I'm trying to get Signal Beam on my Manectric and putting it in the daycare with Mareep isn't working. Would be nice to know if there are any other good moves I'm missing out on, since the release document doesn't seem to have all that information.

MisterPinkie

Exists (Probably)
    Years
  • Really enjoying the hack, made an account just to (maybe) help with bug reports. (Or is there a better way to report bugs?)
    The game like, soft freezes (audio still plays but can't do anything) against certain Pokemon. Seemed pretty consistent against Grimer, Koffing, and Seviper. It seems to be an issue with save states being weird with new Pokemon/moves, because my Azumarill was able to superpower seviper, but it froze when I used aqua jet, and anything Galvantula did (even run!) froze. Dunno if that's a thing you can fix, or it's just a save state issue. Happened on both VBA 1.8.0.603 (dunno if that's the actual release, that's what my computer says the version number is) and mGBA 0.9.2, and I've only played on version 1.12 of Inclement Emerald.

Also Mareanie/Toxapex seem to still use Sun Moon learnset, learned toxic at 21 instead of 50.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Wait, how we can encounter spiritomb?

Read the "Pokemon Locations" pdf. It says you need the Pokémon #108 in your party (2 possible answers) with the odd keystone and bring it to the storage room of the abandoned ship.

Anyone got a comprehensive list of moves pokemon can learn and how they learn them? I'm trying to get Signal Beam on my Manectric and putting it in the daycare with Mareep isn't working. Would be nice to know if there are any other good moves I'm missing out on, since the release document doesn't seem to have all that information.

Use Bulbapedia (or similar reference) and the in-game pokedex. In the pokedex go under stats and you can see the moves and their way of learning them.

Really enjoying the hack, made an account just to (maybe) help with bug reports. (Or is there a better way to report bugs?)
    The game like, soft freezes (audio still plays but can't do anything) against certain Pokemon. Seemed pretty consistent against Grimer, Koffing, and Seviper. It seems to be an issue with save states being weird with new Pokemon/moves, because my Azumarill was able to superpower seviper, but it froze when I used aqua jet, and anything Galvantula did (even run!) froze. Dunno if that's a thing you can fix, or it's just a save state issue. Happened on both VBA 1.8.0.603 (dunno if that's the actual release, that's what my computer says the version number is) and mGBA 0.9.2, and I've only played on version 1.12 of Inclement Emerald.
    Also Mareanie/Toxapex seem to still use Sun Moon learnset, learned toxic at 21 instead of 50.

The original post about this hacks says to avoid using save states and avoiding vba altogether. Save states will probably not let you patch properly your game anyways. VBA is just not an accurate emulator.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    1 Question. how do i obtain choice specs even though i found greta in slateport but every time i enable text she says "hmm no maybe not . To be blunt, you look pretty weak.

im 6 badges in
    30 hours in

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    1 Question. how do i obtain choice specs even though i found greta in slateport but every time i enable text she says "hmm no maybe not . To be blunt, you look pretty weak.

im 6 badges in
    30 hours in

You have to defeat spencer first, he is located in fortree's pokemart. You also have to defeat Lucy before spencer. She is in Lavaridge Pokecenter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Also related to this, has anyone attempted to hunt for a shiny version of it? Since I see that it was only added in the 1.8 version, I havent really seen any post or anyone saying its possible, but if it is, I guess I know what to shiny hunt for next in my current ninja run, although it kinda beats the purpose of my 2k+ resets to get a shiny froakie starter if we could get the pokemon as a separate entity instead of it becoming a mega evolution

Edit: okay I tried claiming the mystery gift greninja on a different save and saw that its mega evolution is tied to its ability, would it be possible to make it available as a hidden ability? I mean the earliest you can get the AbilityPatch you get for a hidden ability is after you get Surf which should be the time you can do mega evolutions according to the storyline of the game, and since the claimable one is before you get Balance Badge its fine since by the time you battle tue 5th gym Mega Evolution will be unlocked before the Gym Leader fight
    See the FAQ for the shiny question!

Ash/Battle Bond Greninja are separate species from regular Greninja, they don't evolve from anything and can't breed, so Battle Bond can't just replace Protean without ruining regular Greninja. It's also not a mega, so it's best left as is.

Really enjoying the hack, made an account just to (maybe) help with bug reports. (Or is there a better way to report bugs?)

Github's the best place to report bugs but here is fine too! I'm pretty sure this is an AI/battle controller bug that was just fixed in the recent release a few minutes ago.

Yeah most learnsets aren't updated to gen 8 unless they're an improvement or they add new moves; IIRC the changes to Mareanie weren't great so I didn't update them.

Also, version 1.13 is now up! Mostly bug fixes, but it also adds longer item names (though I missed the Ability Capsule, so that'll have to wait 'til next version).

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Hey, just a thought but I think Rampardos should get that 80-base stat to their Speed instead of its physical defense since giving it only a boost to its physical defense doesn't resolve the problem Rampardos deals with being both slow and frail. Rampardos might work better as a glass cannon (being able to hit hard and have the speed to actually do some damage before it gets hit or KO'd). Also, I think Bastiodon should have that 80-base stat move to its Special attack instead of their HP stat. Bastidon can learn a lot of strong Special attack tms and I think it benefit the Pokemon having some way to actually do damage while also having the high Physical and Special defense making up for its 60 base HP stat

Tonikill1

Skadooosh~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I was gonna play this rom hack but my deltapatcherlite thing doesnt work. When i open it it has the "unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)" thing. Is there any way else i can play this game without using the deltapatcher?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2021
    Read the "Pokemon Locations" pdf. It says you need the Pokémon #108 in your party (2 possible answers) with the odd keystone and bring it to the storage room of the abandoned ship.

Use Bulbapedia (or similar reference) and the in-game pokedex. In the pokedex go under stats and you can see the moves and their way of learning them.

The original post about this hacks says to avoid using save states and avoiding vba altogether. Save states will probably not let you patch properly your game anyways. VBA is just not an accurate emulator.

Very helpful, thank you! Just gotta hope all the move tutors aren't in the post game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2022
    First things first I love the Hack but there are just a few thing I would wish for:
    1.More starter options like Eevee and Pikachu
    2.More versatile Gym challenge like if you could e.g. add all 1st Gym Leaders to Roxanne's Gym and you could choose who you fight for the 1st badge

Back