• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Wild double battles look awesome!

By new mega stones do you mean new original megas (mega Tentacool, mega Forretress, etc) or more gigantamax forms?
    I'm hyped either way.

Personally, I don't mind losing my save file (or my mons), but I wonder, if you could trade Pokemon could you also mix records and unlock your other secret base?

I wouldn't mind if we got Bagon to learn Wish ^.^
    New original megas; I already had enough bag space reserved for all the gigantamax forms I wanted to include. You mean trading between 1.0 and 2.0? That will be handled by a web app or something rather than the ROM itself, so there won't be any transfer of anything else, just the mons.

Ah yeah a few things got Wish from that obscure event, I could add those in.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Not sure if you're willing to modify such aspects of the game, but any chance for 2.0 to include sound options? Just being able to mute music while leaving SFX and Pokemon cries enabled would go a long way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Not sure if you're willing to modify such aspects of the game, but any chance for 2.0 to include sound options? Just being able to mute music while leaving SFX and Pokemon cries enabled would go a long way.
    That's probably not something I'd be interested in doing sorry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Great hack, as many have stated before. Although, I felt there were some minor things that could use editing.

- Freeze-Dry being 95 BP and learnable by all Ice-types renders Ice Beam useless on them, since the former has the bonus of hitting a Water-type's' weakness. A compromise would be to lower it to 80 BP, so that the player has to decide if they want more power from IB or the extra coverage from FD.

- The advice the Gym Guide gives in the Mossdeep Gym led me to believe that Tate & Liza would use Psychic Terrain in their battle, but it ended up being an Inverse Battle. Rewording it so that it's more clear would help in preparing for them.

- Similarly, Winona fighting in a Double Battle was unexpected, and the Gym Guide should at least mention it.

- Zapdos cannot learn Aurora Beam, despite all other Electric-types being able to. If this was an intentional choice for balance, then ignore this one.

- Klefki cannot learn Rain Dance via TM, which it normally can do.

- It would help if Terrain moves had a visual change on the battlefield, or some type of cue to let one know if it's still active, but if it's not possible due to engine limitations I understand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Great hack, as many have stated before. Although, I felt there were some minor things that could use editing.

- Freeze-Dry being 95 BP and learnable by all Ice-types renders Ice Beam useless on them, since the former has the bonus of hitting a Water-type's' weakness. A compromise would be to lower it to 80 BP, so that the player has to decide if they want more power from IB or the extra coverage from FD.

- The advice the Gym Guide gives in the Mossdeep Gym led me to believe that Tate & Liza would use Psychic Terrain in their battle, but it ended up being an Inverse Battle. Rewording it so that it's more clear would help in preparing for them.

- Similarly, Winona fighting in a Double Battle was unexpected, and the Gym Guide should at least mention it.

- Zapdos cannot learn Aurora Beam, despite all other Electric-types being able to. If this was an intentional choice for balance, then ignore this one.

- Klefki cannot learn Rain Dance via TM, which it normally can do.

- It would help if Terrain moves had a visual change on the battlefield, or some type of cue to let one know if it's still active, but if it's not possible due to engine limitations I understand.
    Thanks!
    • Yeah, that was entire point of that change. I don't think a choice is necessary here; Ice Beam is learned by many non-ice types and still serves as solid ice type coverage for them, while Ice types simply get better Ice Beam, as they really needed a buff. The main reason I did it this way was to buff Ice types offensively without also buffing water types; if I'd made Ice super effective against Water instead, that'd be just as useful to Water types, as they'd now be able to beat other Water types.
    • The Tate & Liza battle only really works when the inverse gimmick is a surprise. If you know it's coming they're a little pathetic, mostly due to a third of their team being Lunatone and Solrock.
    • Yeah that's a fair suggestion!
    • IIRC that was a balance decision; I think there are a handful of other electrics that didn't get it too (e.g. Thundurus)
    • Will fix Klefki, thanks!
    • Terrain graphics were in for a while, but they're disabled in the current release as they froze the game if a sandstorm was active at the same time. They'll be enabled again in the next release as that's been fixed.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Has any changes been considered for Aggron? I do understand its Mega form is pretty beastly, but I feel base Aggron could use something, but that might just be me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    you are thinking of making version 2.0 with the option of the types being the originals like serperior only grass?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Will there be a way to disable the low hp sound in a future update? I'd love to be able mute the low hp sound alone .

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Has any changes been considered for Aggron? I do understand its Mega form is pretty beastly, but I feel base Aggron could use something, but that might just be me.
    It's got Dragon Dance already and a new move in 2.0. Couldn't give it much else apart from a completely different stat spread.
    you are thinking of making version 2.0 with the option of the types being the originals like serperior only grass?
    Probably won't have that done for 2.0, but I want to do it eventually.
    Will there be a way to disable the low hp sound in a future update? I'd love to be able mute the low hp sound alone .
    No, but it'll stop after a few beeps (like the modern games) in future updates. The gen 3 version is incredibly annoying lol.

Years
    I have a small suggestion for IE 2.0.

Abilities like Flash Fire, Magnet Pull, Static, etc make it more likely for Pokemon of certain types to appear, so how about similar effects for some other types?
    Like, Swarm for Bug types, Sand Rush for Ground types, etc.

Probably 95% players don't shiny hunt so this isn't a top priority, but it would be cool.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Do you plan on backporting any of the moves/abilities that pre-gen 9 Pokémon got in SV?
    No. Stuff that already exists in Inclement (e.g. Sharpness - I can just rename Keen Edge and up the damage boost to 50%) will be done, and old moves that were added to old mons will probably be included, but nothing new from gen 9. There's too much to do already.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Can we have one or two names of pokemons that will get a new Mega evo? I'm so hyped about this!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Can we have one or two names of pokemons that will get a new Mega evo? I'm so hyped about this!
    So far it's Parasect, Swanna, Zebstrika and Haxorus. That'll be all of them in 2.0, but more might be added in versions after that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I'd like to report a minor error that happened after you beat the rival in Route 110, since it wasn't mentioned in the error and bugs document. The player character obtained the Dowsing Machine but the rival refers it as a "Itemfinder". Also, since Tate and Liza also has a Legendary Pokemon in their rematches, I suggest you can add Latios and Latias to their roster.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SX3l0m92Ht5csqdg1tcohdl7zbWyYb6A?usp=sharing

Last edited:
    Years
    The player character obtained the Dowsing Machine but the rival refers it as a "Itemfinder".

That is the original game script. It is referred to as Itemfinder many other times in the game, such as when you are near an item or in the TV news. 😉

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Couple of general questions:

1. Is development for this ROM still ongoing? Last update was a year ago but there seems to be recent forum activity.

2. There are plans to add Gen VIII Pokemon, but how about Gen IX? Big ask for sure but would be interesting. Totally understand if there's no plans though.

Back