• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: Innocent Soul

Years
  • Pokémon: Innocent Soul
    title.png
    "An innocent soul never dies."
    I'm finally back with a new game. It's been quite some time. This one is a bit shorter than my other games and takes a wildly different approach to the progression system. Since I tried something totally new, I hope this game sets the new standard for my series going forward. It's heavy on the story and dialogue, so if you don't like that, well... that's that.​

New/Updated Features
    Innocent Soul uses Pokémon Essentials v21!
    A Brand-New Region
    - Welcome to the Ryoku region, a completely new region, based off of a few prefectures in Japan.
    Multiple Protagonists - What, really? Yes! You'll be able to see how they interact with others!
    Shared Item Storage - With multiple protagonists, how will you share items between characters? Well, talk to the Move Master to access the Item Storage. You can deposit an item in the Item Storage, and the other protagonist can take it out and place it into their Bag. Simple, right?
    Alternate Game Modes Return - As usual, I've included more game modes. There are three, the Single Pokémon Run, Radical Mode, and Oger Mode.
    Generation 9 Mechanics and Pokémon - My game uses Pokémon Scarlet and Violet's mechanics and Pokémon. This includes both DLCs.
    1,025 Pokémon - Just to clarify, every single Pokémon is in Innocent Soul. No dexcuts here.
    Older Quality of Life Features Retained - Toggleable Exp. Share, turning off battle animations, and a full options menu are in Innocent Soul too.
    The Full Generation 9 TM List, plus Reusable TMs - Yes, my game has 229 TMs, just like in Gen 9. However, they are usable as much as you'd like.
    The Move Master Returns Once Again - A mainstay of my games, the Move Master returns again. He can make a Pokémon remember moves, forget moves, check their friendship, teach them the move Return (since it's not deleted here, why would it be?), and help you with hatching Eggs via the Nursery.
    Overworld Encounters, If You'd Like - It's up to you. Do you like random encounters? You can keep it that way. Do you want overworld encounters? Use any of the items that come from Pokémon Let's Go, those being the Lure, Super Lure, and Max Lure! Not only do they allow overworld encounters for a set amount of steps, but they raise the wild Pokémon's levels and they slightly increase the Shiny rate.
    HM Items - They take a slightly less important role in Innocent Soul, but they are still there.
    Markings - You know those markings on Pokémon in Gen 8 and Gen 9 that no one really pays attention to? They're in Innocent Soul too! Why not see if the Pokémon you caught has a special marking of its own?
    Trade Evolutions. They're Still Here, but... - Don't panic. You can trade with your partner at any hangout spot, and it's as easy as a single call on the Pokégear.
    Poké Ball Swapping - If you have the appropriate Poké Ball, you can swap a Poké Ball that a Pokémon is caught in with another one. Of course, if that Poké Ball happens to be a Luxury Ball, it won't affect the Pokémon's friendship. Nice try! But it's good for people who like having a certain "theme".
    DexNav - The DexNav is available and can be used to search for Pokémon that have previously been seen or captured. This allows Pokémon with Hidden Abilities and Egg Moves to be found easily.
    Crafting? Here?! - Once you reach a certain point, crafting will become available. The player can craft old Poké Balls: the ones seen many, many years ago in the Hisui region. Wild Pokémon will start dropping crafting materials as well. Craft away with the Crafting Kit anywhere, anytime.
    What's Missing... - Unfortunately, due to conflicts with the scripts I was using, Z-Moves, Dynamax, and Terastallization are not in Innocent Soul and will not be added.​

The Ryoku Region
    mapRegion0.PNG

Yes, the region really is that big. While the northeast section of the region is unexplored and unpopulated, there are five prefectures, those being Shutocho, Kaiyou Prefecture, Shizuka Prefecture, Kaede Prefecture, and Yashinoki Prefecture.

The Story
    Innocent Soul starts a new timeline for my games. Therefore, nothing in this game is connected to any of my past games. If there are some unanswered questions, then they may just be answered someday. But probably not anytime soon.

Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler: Screenshots

Download
    Version 1.2.2, May 1st, 2024
    Download HERE!
    Alternate Link (Mega): Here
    A detailed changelog is included in the game's folder.

Discord
    This time, I've made a single Discord server for Innocent Soul and my older games. That is the best place to get updates about my games.
    Join here.

Guide
    Look, I understand. Some parts of my game may be confusing, considering how many items and Pokémon there are. I made a guide that covers certain things about my game. No story is included, though.
    Take a look at the guide here.

Credits
    Spoiler: Credits List

Attachments

• [2024-02-19] 17_07_14.624.png
      [2024-02-19] 17_07_14.624.png
      69 KB · Views: 28
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Oh! Ah! I've just come back to these forums after a LONG time not monkeying around with PokeFan game (as evidenced by my reg date and post count lmao). This looks super promising and I will be checking this out, pronto!

Days
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    This is a modern Japan region? Feels good to be back in good old modern Japan for once!

Ok this is totally inspired by To Your Eternity right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Loving the game so far! It feels incredibly ambitious and smooth so far.

As a quick bug report: I reached the point where you begin using protagonist #2. Got my starter and begun traversing the mountain passage. Upon trying to enter the house right outside the mountain entrance (the one with a fenced-off revive to the side), the game froze. Didn't happen when I rebooted the game, so not sure what triggered it.
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 203931.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Loving the game so far! It feels incredibly ambitious and smooth so far.

As a quick bug report: I reached the point where you begin using protagonist #2. Got my starter and begun traversing the mountain passage. Upon trying to enter the house right outside the mountain entrance (the one with a fenced-off revive to the side), the game froze. Didn't happen when I rebooted the game, so not sure what triggered it.
    View attachment 155790
    I've had reports of the game freezing occasionally. It's quite strange, since they're really hard to replicate. I'm still looking into it! Thanks for telling me, and thanks for enjoying the game!

Years
  • Hello, I just started the game on the single pokemon run and it seems like there is an endless loop when when choosing a pokemon.
    Interacting with the laptop and choosing any pokemon from the list will keep on prompting this message over and over again.
    "Only one Pokemon is allowed, since you're on a special game mode."

Attachments

• single pokemon mode bug.png
      single pokemon mode bug.png
      21.7 KB · Views: 4
    Years
  • Hello, I just started the game on the single pokemon run and it seems like there is an endless loop when when choosing a pokemon.
    Interacting with the laptop and choosing any pokemon from the list will keep on prompting this message over and over again.
    "Only one Pokemon is allowed, since you're on a special game mode."
    That is weird. I just updated the game, but I'll reupload it again. Thanks for telling me

Years
  • That is weird. I just updated the game, but I'll reupload it again. Thanks for telling me
    Great, with the newest game version 1.0.8 the issue is fixed now.

I am seeing a new error message with first battle against the thugs in the golden district on the single pokemon run.
    Script 'Interpreter' line 177 :EventScriptError occured.
    EventScriptError

golden district confrontation pt1.png

golden district confrontation pt2.png

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm on Chapter 2, and I'm not able to access the gambling den in the Showa Building. Am I missing another prerequisite?

Years
  • I'll have to look at this one right away too. No worries!
    Thanks, it is working now with the latest game version.
    Not sure if there is also an issue with double battle mechanics in the single pokemon run when an ally trainer is battling alongside you.
    I am seeing the same EventScriptError now in the Justice building before the battle with the 2 police officers.
    Screenshot 2024-03-01 124744.png

Years
  • Thanks, it is working now with the latest game version.
    Not sure if there is also an issue with double battle mechanics in the single pokemon run when an ally trainer is battling alongside you.
    I am seeing the same EventScriptError now in the Justice building before the battle with the 2 police officers.
    View attachment 155864
    I think it may just be an issue when the game checks the party during double battles. I'm going to check every multi battle again and fix it right away.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Sorry if I'm being a bit stupid, but does this mean I need a friend to trade with to get Pokémon like Gengar and Alakazam?

Years
  • I think it may just be an issue when the game checks the party during double battles. I'm going to check every multi battle again and fix it right away.
    It is fixed now with version 1.1.0. So far I am on chapter 4 and did not run into anymore issues for this single pokemon run. Multi battles are working properly.
    So far it has been fun with Smeargle finding different moves to sketch, very convenient to relearn it from the move master.
    asu smeargle.png
    aru smeargle.png

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello, this game looks really good! love the fact that you've included all the mons, really makes team building fun. One thing I always look for in these amazing games is how the post game content looks. So I was curious.. how is it? Any tower or frontier? Anything similiar? Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I have a two questions. Is there a speed up button for the game? Is there a way to get hidden abilities through items like an altered ability capsule? Other than this the game looks great so far!

Back