• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Lolz that's a hilarious list. I can't stand when people do that everytime something new and different is released. Everytime something new gets released I'm excited for it.

The one and ONLY time I'd ever say Pokemon is ruined is if Ash and Pikachu aren't in the next anime series of Pokemon....

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Haha, nice thread Ninja Caterpie! :D
    I especially love it how the people complain about things changing, and then go and complain about how they're too much of the same the very next day >.>

...lol, kinda related: Ruby version was my first game, and I absolutely loved the pokemon in it. Being somewhat in a newer generation of fans, I've made up my mind that all the Gen II hype (you rarely see this for gen i ) is pure nostalgia...

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    This thread is ruined... FOREVER! ;A;

So heartbreaking. ;;

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It's just too bad for those people then ;)
    When Diamond and Pearl came out didn't a lot of people said that too? Tsk.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohohomygod.

I thought this thread was going to be a serious rant, about how Black & White had ruined Pokemon. xD;

Thankfully, it isn't.

I agree with the main post.. I don't think any of that ruined Pokemon, and I don't think Black and White has. After sooo many years, Pokemon is still going strong, with no end in sight, and that right there pretty tells you - nothing has ruined it yet. When something really has, the entire franchise will likely die. That happening seems.. really unlikely though, since I figure Pokemon will step down and quit on it's own before any one thing causes it to lose popularity. >_>;

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    The song, "Pokemon, What Happened to You?" portrays some of my feelings towards this matter, after gen 2 though.
    CHeck it out here: Pokemon, What Happened to You?
    I'm not trying to advertise or anything, just showing my opinions and how i feel. :S

ROFL!!!!!!! That's a hilarious song!! Not laughed that hard in a while ^.^

You do realize, that Pokemon would've died like ten years ago, and wouldn't even be here today, if new Pokemon, new adventures, new features, new characters weren't created.

What do you have against all the AWESOME new stuff that Pokemon has come out with ever since Red and Blue? And what do you have against the color enhancements? Seriously, I loved Red and Blue back in the day, and I cherish the memories I have of those days, but I could never go back and play it. I tried once and as soon as I remembered there wasn't any running shoes back then, I stopped. I could no longer stand the how slow it was to travel, I hated the bad quality of the image. The games have advanced-for the better since then. And the new storylines, characters, features, the new Pokemon, everything ,are great!

I don't understand that song..at all...what do you want from Pokemon then? Why not just ignore the new stuff and play the crappy Blue version?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Lolz that's a hilarious list. I can't stand when people do that everytime something new and different is released. Everytime something new gets released I'm excited for it.

The one and ONLY time I'd ever say Pokemon is ruined is if Ash and Pikachu aren't in the next anime series of Pokemon....

In my humble opinion, that's the only thing that is ruining Pokémon at the moment. Ash being stupid. :|

Yeah, and I've seen that song; it's a pretty cool song. :D

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    If Ash was removed from the series, 90% of the fans would quit watching and Pokemon would FAIL. He was there from day 1, and he should remain there. I personally love Ash, I don't see how he's being stupid! He's a hero in my opinion.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • December 14, 2000 - You can now play as a girl character. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

If anyone thinks that, they are damn sexist! D:

Anyways, if no one reads your post, they will have dumb responses disagreeing with you.
    Since I read it, you gain my up most respect.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • The song, "Pokemon, What Happened to You?" portrays some of my feelings towards this matter, after gen 2 though.
    CHeck it out here: Pokemon, What Happened to You?
    I'm not trying to advertise or anything, just showing my opinions and how i feel. :S

That song is the definition of nostalgia. All it is is a bunch of mesmorising of 'the good old days', saying the new ones suck just because they're new. The closest things that come to actual complaints are:

- Too many legendaries, Gym Leaders, teams, Eeveelutions and rivals (a.k.a. that sequels aren't complete duplicates of the orginals).
    - Breeding being bad for some inexplicable reason.
    - Suicune's orthography doesn't make the pronounciation obvious (although it does actually fit standard English orthography rules).
    - Super Contests are only 'so-so'.
    - Shinies are too hard to find.

And half the 'good' things about the old days are things that are kinda bad (e.g. he loves the fact that he can't tell what Snorlax really is based on its sprite).

Honestly, I smell parody.

Lorenzo_Von_Matterhorn

Trainer of Awesome
    Years
  • Hypocriticizors!

So, after reading the "They changed it now it SUCKS" and "Ruined FOREVER!" pages on TV Tropes (I won't link for your sakes. :D) and this beautiful page linked from there, I decided to write up a list of times that Pokémon has been "ruined...FOREVER!"

February 27, 1996 - Pokémon is released, by Nintendo, of all people. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 1, 1997 - Pokémon gets an anime. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 8, 1998 - The Pokémon anime is dubbed in English. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 1998 - Pokémon Yellow Version, based on the anime, is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 30, 1998 - Pokémon is released to America and only Blue is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 28, 1999 - The Pokémon anime's theme is changed for the new season. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 30, 1999 - Pokémon gets a spinoff. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 17, 1999 - There are more than 151 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Sometime in 2000 - There isn't going to be an Orange Islands game. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

December 14, 2000 - You can now play as a girl character. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 7, 2002 - Misty leaves the anime and the team dynamic is broken! She's replaced by fanservice and a nerd. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 13, 2002 - There are more than 251 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 21, 2002 - You can't trade between GSC and RSE? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November, 2002 - RSE has a new storyline and it doesn't continue from the older games! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 29, 2004 - Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are the exact same as Red and Blue! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 17, 2005 - Pokémon gets a proper spinoff in the form of Mystery Dungeon. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 14, 2006 - May and Max leave the anime and is replaced by different fanservice. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 28, 2006 - The new Pokémon are unoriginalBAWWWWWW! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

October, 2007 - They have so many legendaries in the new game! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 2009 - HeartGold and SoulSilver are slightly different from Gold and Silver! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 4, 2010 - Black and White? RACISM! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 10, 2010 - Pokémon's going to be in 3D? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

May 28, 2010 - Reshiram and Zekrom are too much like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ongoing, 2010 - ALL the new Pokémon look stupid and like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

I don't agree with any of the above, thankfully and I should point out I'm doing this to make fun of any of the people who say the above things, particularly if they keep playing the games or whatever.

Dang! All those people are "Hypocriticizors"! Hahahahahahaha!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This post is bulging with win. BULGING. :3

I don't mind the people who complain all that much. Their ignorance amuses me. xD

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • You missed Voltorb Flip

This sounds like the Transformers Wiki page of the same name, Also, the release of R/B/Y and the anime was at the very start of the franchise, so it is not "ruined forever", but LOL at TV Tropes......

So, after reading the "They changed it now it SUCKS" and "Ruined FOREVER!" pages on TV Tropes (I won't link for your sakes. :D) and this beautiful page linked from there, I decided to write up a list of times that Pokémon has been "ruined...FOREVER!"

Never knew that about Doctor Who, but I still love that show, and actually, William Hartnell really DID die, both in the show (the first regeneration), and in real life....

February 27, 1996 - Pokémon is released, by Nintendo, of all people. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 1, 1997 - Pokémon gets an anime. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 8, 1998 - The Pokémon anime is dubbed in English. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 1998 - Pokémon Yellow Version, based on the anime, is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

This was only the start of the franchise, there was no whining here

September 30, 1998 - Pokémon is released to America and only Blue is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 28, 1999 - The Pokémon anime's theme is changed for the new season. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 30, 1999 - Pokémon gets a spinoff. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!
    Ok, now I can agree with these, but it's not THAT dramatic

July 17, 1999 - There are more than 151 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Pokemon would have died if there were no new Pokemon added

Sometime in 2000 - There isn't going to be an Orange Islands game. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

December 14, 2000 - You can now play as a girl character. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ok, now were just getting ridiculous, they added a female since there were female fans, If you did not know, there was going to be a female character in R/B/Y, but was booted out later, the Orange Islands were only made for filler between the first two generations

November 7, 2002 - Misty leaves the anime and the team dynamic is broken! She's replaced by fanservice and a nerd. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Now THIS ruined Pokemon forever

July 13, 2002 - There are more than 251 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Like I said before, Pokemon would have died if there were no new Pokemon added

November 21, 2002 - You can't trade between GSC and RSE? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November, 2002 - RSE has a new storyline and it doesn't continue from the older games! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 29, 2004 - Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are the exact same as Red and Blue! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

This is now getting silly.....

November 17, 2005 - Pokémon gets a proper spinoff in the form of Mystery Dungeon. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

No, it's fixed...FOREVER!

September 14, 2006 - May and Max leave the anime and is replaced by different fanservice. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 28, 2006 - The new Pokémon are unoriginalBAWWWWWW! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

ARE YOU SAYING THAT FLOATZEL, LUXRAY, AND RIOLU ARE UNORIGINAL!? HOW DARE YOU!!! Just kidding, they are still original, the fans are just getting real whiny....

October, 2007 - They have so many legendaries in the new game! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

This was a problem from the start of Gen 4, hopefully, Gen 5 will fix that.....

September 12, 2009 - HeartGold and SoulSilver are slightly different from Gold and Silver! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Though a major improvement from FR/LG, though it's actually the Voltorb Flop thet ruined Pokemon...FOREVER!

April 4, 2010 - Black and White? RACISM! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 10, 2010 - Pokémon's going to be in 3D? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

May 28, 2010 - Reshiram and Zekrom are too much like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ongoing, 2010 - ALL the new Pokémon look stupid and like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Now we are just getting ridiculous, VERY ridiculous

I don't agree with any of the above, thankfully and I should point out I'm doing this to make fun of any of the people who say the above things, particularly if they keep playing the games or whatever.

Thank god, they tend to be just ridiculous.....

Last edited:

Kipher

The author riding the raptor.
    Years
  • This is what always happens in my eyes, just looked at what happened to the Metal Gear series. It went from stealth, to action stealth, to action shooter with some stealth, to massive post Cuban-missle crisis mercenary operation, and then to this Star Wars slish slash game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    November 7, 2002 is correct. That's about it.

And I thought you could trade somehow from Emerald to second generation games (at least Crystal), but I may be wrong.

Back