• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    About the moves, the Island 2.0 movepool is from SwSh learnset, but your point is very good! I probably at least change rival initial moves on 2.0 or 2.0.1
    This is a Froakie problem, because there is no Froakie in SwSh, so rival's Froakie will have a different first battle movepool in 2.0.1.

Hi is the battle tower later in the game I can't find it? Is there a pwt too?
    Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    some pokemon have their ability listed as "Dummy" are those a placeholder or something? Because I find it a little odd. I also cant seem to get Technician on meowth no matter how many I catch

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    some pokemon have their ability listed as "Dummy" are those a placeholder or something? Because I find it a little odd. I also cant seem to get Technician on meowth no matter how many I catch
    More than added systems, Island has some changes in mechanics, either by choice or system limitation, this latter is the reason why the game still doesn't have animations in battle. By the way, this game doesn't follow a mechanic set of a specific generation: There are some things from generation 7, others from 4 and even some from 3. Here I will explain some of these.
    There are only Gen 3 Abilities, plus Honey Gather, Flower Gift, Snow Warning, Slow Start, Multitype, Zen Mode, Defeatist, Power Construct, Schooling, Shields Down and RKS System. On the other hand, some Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities. To define the Ability of a Pokémon we have some rules:
    • Pokémon that run out of Abilities gain the Dummy Ability that does nothing.
    • Every species can normally have the Hidden Ability if it doesn't have two Abilities present in the game.
    • Every species that has two Abilities in evolution, but pre-evolution only has one, so the species can have the Dummy Ability which will become the second Ability when the pokémon evolves.
    • Every species with the Ability to change the weather will also have another Ability or the Dummy, with the exception of Groudon and Kyogre.
    • Some other small exceptions, like Gengar having Levitate.
    Example: Drapion can have Battle Armor and Sniper in official games, with Keen Eye being its Hidden Ability. Since there is no Sniper Ability on Island, Drapion can have Battle Armor or Keen Eye.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    VERSION 2.0.1 WITH FIXED BUGS RELEASED!

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Bug

Is there anything wrong with berry?
    I got access to the berry garden (or whatever its name is)
    The owner said that I got the first subscription free since I paid my own money to build her shop
    Playing the game without ever checking the berry bag, talk to the owner and got some berry (cannot remember the names)
    Got the berry 5 times and re-subscription, check the berry bag and nothing there! No berry at all!

Load the game, check berry bag, nothing there (Despite I've talk to the owner 4 times before)
    Talk to the owner, she gave me Persim berry, re-subscription for a hefty at this point of the game
    Check the berry bag again, Nothing !!!!

Typo

At the list of the prize of Pokedex completion, inicial should be initial. But I think Starter Pokemon might be more appropriate.

PS This is 2.0.0 version

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    *reads the response to my question* OUCH. I can get what you were going for but the lack of options will hurt, sad to say. Still, good to know.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    VERSION 2.0.2 WITH FIXED BUGS RELEASED!
    -------------------------------------------
    Bug

Is there anything wrong with berry?
    I got access to the berry garden (or whatever its name is)
    The owner said that I got the first subscription free since I paid my own money to build her shop
    Playing the game without ever checking the berry bag, talk to the owner and got some berry (cannot remember the names)
    Got the berry 5 times and re-subscription, check the berry bag and nothing there! No berry at all!

Load the game, check berry bag, nothing there (Despite I've talk to the owner 4 times before)
    Talk to the owner, she gave me Persim berry, re-subscription for a hefty at this point of the game
    Check the berry bag again, Nothing !!!!

Typo

At the list of the prize of Pokedex completion, inicial should be initial. But I think Starter Pokemon might be more appropriate.

PS This is 2.0.0 version
    In the first subscription (5 times), Berry Orchard is giving 0 berries per time (but the message won't displays the quantity). The "inicial" I forgot to translate. I fixed both things at 2.0.2, thanks for the bug reports!

*reads the response to my question* OUCH. I can get what you were going for but the lack of options will hurt, sad to say. Still, good to know.
    Yep, this feedback is important to me, thanks!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    yeah I only asked about it since some pokemon are almost unusable without a specific attack or ability (Persian with technician is really good for example though Limber on Persian still works too) but we can always wait for future updates if you add more stuff in relation to that going forward. As it is the update is great.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    yeah I only asked about it since some pokemon are almost unusable without a specific attack or ability (Persian with technician is really good for example though Limber on Persian still works too) but we can always wait for future updates if you add more stuff in relation to that going forward. As it is the update is great.
    I tried to bring the most important, like Schooling, RKS System, Shields Down and Snow Warning, but some important are missing like Stance Change and Gulp Missile. Bringing these abilities is one of my priorities for version 2.1.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Language

When you talk to prof. Oak after complete upgrading the lab., he will give you an upgrade PokeDex.
    There is a typo there. He will call you PN. I think it's an abbreviation for Player name, isn't it?

suggestion

So now the berry garden owner will give me 0 berry for using my own money to build her shop? Pretty weird if you ask me lol. Why not remove those 5 times 0 berry reward and just pay the money to start gaining the berry?

Please capped the maximum value of EV at 252, since the Special Attack mini game at dojo give you 8 EV for special attack, and that's not divisible by 252. This is not an issue before in version since, in those version, mini game give you 4 EV

Question

Is there any reward for complete the tournament ranking without using teleport station? I don't think I receive one.

By the way, Spoiler alert
    Spoiler:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Next thread page already! Remembering that a week ago I released a new version and a new trailer:

When you talk to prof. Oak after complete upgrading the lab., he will give you an upgrade PokeDex.
    There is a typo there. He will call you PN. I think it's an abbreviation for Player name, isn't it?
    Yep! I typed "PN" instead of "\PN". System will replace "\PN" for player name.

So now the berry garden owner will give me 0 berry for using my own money to build her shop? Pretty weird if you ask me lol. Why not remove those 5 times 0 berry reward and just pay the money to start gaining the berry?
    The 0 times isn't intended. This was fixed on 2.0.2. I wasn't clear on my other post, on 2.0.1 was two bugs, the wrong message and the 0 item gain, and I mentioned like was only one, sorry.

Please capped the maximum value of EV at 252, since the Special Attack mini game at dojo give you 8 EV for special attack, and that's not divisible by 252. This is not an issue before in version since, in those version, mini game give you 4 EV
    This is the same time a bug (the EV gain should be 4 on Sp.Atk, but I wrongly changed when I edited the Pokémon Fitness) and a missing feature (won't cap on 252 like gen 6 and forward) that I forgot to implement, but also may counts as a bug too. I gonna fix the latter on 2.0.3 and the former on 2.1.

Is there any reward for complete the tournament ranking without using teleport station? I don't think I receive one.
    No, just the message, but I still wasn't satisfied that the form that this is displayed. In the previous versions there are only the "gold medal" item. In version 2.1 I want to put the "panel" on player computer as also a list with details, so it will displays other things like the version and if nuzlocke is on.

By the way, Spoiler alert
    Spoiler:
    Nice! I can't believe that I didn't make it since first version.

Thanks for the bug reports and the feedback!

Last edited:

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
    Years
  • Hey there I ran into a problem in the double battle area

Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

I was battling a Torchic with my Litleo when it happened.

update: Found another bug - I upgraded the Pokemon Shop stall into a shop and the door does not open,,,

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey there I ran into a problem in the double battle area

I was battling a Torchic with my Litleo when it happened.

update: Found another bug - I upgraded the Pokemon Shop stall into a shop and the door does not open,,,
    Your image isn't displaying here. I even tried other browser.

Pokémon Shop door (except the last update) only works after you build the first Market. I gonna fix this soon on 2.0.3. Thanks for the report!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Is there a way to get an item to see what pokemon are in which area? The pokedex doesnt say the area locations when i check for where to find them. Also is there a document for evolving certain pokemon

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sometimes, when the exp bar hit the end of the bar and the bell sound rang, I did not gain a level.
    I need to fight another Pokémon, and you will gain the level
    I couldn't replicate it =/

Okay will do!
    I received. The bug message is "undefined methos 'type1' for nil:NilClass".

This is a small bug in AI for double battles (I typed "o1" when the right is "o"). A specific behaviour that happens at some calculations when you have only one pokémon and it is on the right. I manage to reproduce the bug, so this will be fixed on version 2.0.3. Thanks!

Is there a way to get an item to see what pokemon are in which area? The pokedex doesnt say the area locations when i check for where to find them.
    This isn't working?

You can use the Town Map to see the areas name.

Yes, I know that the Pokédex Area isn't very descriptible, I want to do a better approach in the future, with area names.

Or do you mean a habitat list, like B2W2 (example: all pokémon of Beach)? A habitat list is planned (probably will be included on 2.1). By the way, there is a NPC who tells you all pokémon that are as a seen in your Pokédex

After the first Research and Development update, there is a researcher who says the pokémon location of some pokémon.

Also is there a document for evolving certain pokemon

Yep. It is on the thread:
    All evolution items can be purchased. There is an NPC that explains the evolutions that are most different from the official (Gen 8) games. For those who want to plan, I will list them all in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Back