• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo_Cool

Lucario's trainer
Years
  • Alpha 1.1.

I'm playing alpha 1.1 and I noticed one bug right in the biggining... when prof.oak shows you nidoran it only appears its "voice".
    Will you keep the stander in.battle sprite? or do you will change for ash's in-battle sprite?
    And why does this hack doesn't have music on the forest?

Well.. you need to improve it a little more, but I think it's a great hack =D
    Please, don't you guys leave this project!!! It seems very promising (but forget the episodes when ash releases some of his own pokémons (a)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    i mean only map level problems, not a big thing but... if u need me to fix it i will help

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    1. if you lose to casey 2nd time and come back again, team rocket will be standing there again

2.the level problems (same palce as casey),if u are using advance map (if not try it) on the stairs u could put 00(movement premissions),and then on the higher ground 10 (dont just put put 1 behind it) then on the other stairs again 00 and + u can put 10 totaly to the ridge

and 3. when u get down of that higher ground and if u go down u cant pass

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I will take this time to respond to your guy's questions. And thanks alot to everyone for helping to fix the bugs.

When told to put bulbasaur back in its ball it dosnt show the full sentance
    and when you talk to misty after brock heals your pokemon theres a couple of wierd letters
    when you stand on a grass tile it goes lighter
    When talking to prof elm he says squir instead of squirtle
    Spelling error from kentas mom
    Casey, chickoreta brock and misty walk through the round green thingys after you beat casey

If you lose to casey the second time and go for a rematch meowth and jessie are still there and if you click them the game freezes

One of the pinsirs are standing in a tree and the pichu is a mawile there all the ones i found

Thanks you, for the sentence one I didn't see the problem. Fixed Misty. I don't know about the grass tiles, something is very messed up with brock's healing script (the fadescreens) I'll look into that later. Fixed Elm. Fixed the sp. error (good eye!). Fixed those movements. I didn't test that TR is there the second time--I added some hidesprites, tell me if that still doesn't work. Fixed the last movement.

Spoiler:

Bugs I found

Thanks a lot for these, pictures make isolating the problem easier. I fixed all of them.

Anyways this alpha was far better then the other one :)
    I loved Herracross's script :)
    That was really cool :)
    And when one person mentioned LP I really laughed :D
    So just fix those bugs which has been mentioned and it'll be great :)
    By the way what 'bout Gizamimi? Will she be with you or ya will have to release it?

1. Then this one's going to be even better :)
    2. Thanks a lot, it took me forever to complete.
    3. Lol, I ran out of things for them to say so I just put what was on my mind :P
    4. I don't know what Con has planned for her, I haven't seen the movie so I don't know anything about it. What I do know that a release scipt is impossible/uses ASM. What I would like to do is have the mother come and be like "well Pichu is attached to you, so you can keep it" and then have it evolve into a notch-eared Pikachu and Raichu :)

I'm playing alpha 1.1 and I noticed one bug right in the biggining... when prof.oak shows you nidoran it only appears its "voice".
    Will you keep the stander in.battle sprite? or do you will change for ash's in-battle sprite?
    And why does this hack doesn't have music on the forest?

Well.. you need to improve it a little more, but I think it's a great hack =D
    Please, don't you guys leave this project!!! It seems very promising (but forget the episodes when ash releases some of his own pokémons (a)

Thanks for telling me, but I don't know anything about music hacking. I'm not sure what to do for those sprites, spriting is up to con. It should have music on the forest, I'll add that in next alpha. And by the way, no one is leaving this project :)

1. if you lose to casey 2nd time and come back again, team rocket will be standing there again

2.the level problems (same palce as casey),if u are using advance map (if not try it) on the stairs u could put 00(movement premissions),and then on the higher ground 10 (dont just put put 1 behind it) then on the other stairs again 00 and + u can put 10 totaly to the ridge

Thanks for those, I forgot about the 10 movement things. Those will help. And Casey has been addressed.

---------------------------------------
    Anyway, here's the new alpha 1.2:

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znzn41nimn3

What's new: Bug fixes

I will start working on episode 4 soon, we already have the map and the plan for the script.

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
  • i have a question if someone will help, because for some reason, the moderaters wont let my threads through.

how do i use an ips file on the vba?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • why is this game doesn't have music?it's kinda creepy -______-
    but I've got to say that this game is really nice and I'm waiting for the next realese

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • 4. I don't know what Con has planned for her, I haven't seen the movie so I don't know anything about it. What I do know that a release scipt is impossible/uses ASM. What I would like to do is have the mother come and be like "well Pichu is attached to you, so you can keep it" and then have it evolve into a notch-eared Pikachu and Raichu :)
    The movie still isn't out :)
    Because DVD wasn't released so far
    Anyways try to talk with Metapod.
    He managed to do releasing script... I don't know if ASM was used so ya can try it :)
    Hh you guys will do notched-ear Pikachu and Raichu? :D Nice goin' :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks for those, I forgot about the 10 movement things

not like that but i can send u the ips patch, if you tell me how to put the patch out from the game

i fixed the music
    if u want i can help u with mapping

i found some more map bugs

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Whoa, BAN007, try to keep it all into one post please. o_O See that "EDIT" button? It's there for a reason, use it! XD

ok then tnx, ill try it.
    if i remember,
    hopefully i will

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • 1. if you lose to casey 2nd time and come back again, team rocket will be standing there again

you do realise the 1st one isnt about mapping that is a script error
    2. I could try that
    3 your not ment to its right next to the stairs where you pass
    also if your going to critisize please state some more constructive advice not just,
    "no offence but you've got a bad mapper"

oh and if you want to be a mapper show proof because all I see is you posting in to threads asking if you can be a mapper and the other thread you posted in there mapping is fine no brilliant.

and last thing alpha 1.2 BUGS FIXED

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back