• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Johto

Newten5

The lost soul
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokémon Johto

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon FireRed (U)

.:: Introduction ::.
    I finally decided to get back into the hacking mood. This is basically a remake of Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal. Same starters, characters and region.

.:: Story ::.
    Same as the Pokémon G/S series, there maybe some changes to it later on, which I might put here, and I might not.

.:: Features ::.
    Revamped Johto Maps
    Play as the boy or girl from Pokémon Crystal
    Same Wild Pokémon as G/S series
    Same Legendaries as G/S series
    Same starters
    You get the idea...

.:: Screenshots ::.
    Pokémon Johto
    Pokémon Johto
    Pokémon Johto

.:: Maps ::.
    Pokémon Johto

theundertaker

Pokemon Phenom
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    thats really good. if u need help i could be a beta tester eventually, and i could help you with maps maybe

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    I Like What I see so far good job
    Thanks ^_^

If you want I can find some sprites for you
    Yeah why not :)

thats really good. if u need help i could be a beta tester eventually, and i could help you with maps maybe
    Thanks, I'm not far enough for BETA testers yet but if I ever want BETA testers I'll tell everyone here ^_^ And sorry, but I want to make this hack myself. :P

I'll be off to bed shortly, probably update this thread tommorow. Please post any thoughts or ideas for me ^_^

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Cool! I really love Johto. There are quite alot of GSC remakes, I hope you finish yours. Good luck.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    Like Treeko said, I hope this one actually gets finished. I hate seeing all these remakes being scrapped. This one really does look good though....so far.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Hey it looks good. Not sure about the lab though I tried to do a gold remake once, but on ruby, I did my lab like this:
    Pokémon Johto

A word of advice though, keep checking it from the beggining, don't use a save, things can always go wrong and thats where mine did. I could no longer go into the first battle without it freezing.

It looks good so far though

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Well are ya gonna somehow put the headbutt trees in and be able to interact with them?
    I don't think I could do that at the moment, atleast not untill I learn lots of scripting XD But if anyone wants to make a script or something for me, feel free too, I'll credit you :P

Newten5 I got permission from gameguy that I can use his sprites but you have to give credit to him because he made them,anyway I will help you with this hack so add me to the helpers list or you could help me with my hack

and you need
    hex editiors
    scpriters
    mappers
    beta testers
    OK cool I'll give credit for them ^_^ Umm and like I said before, I am doing the actual hack myself, but if I ever want helpers I'll tell you :) Unless you could make me a title screen? XD

Hey it looks good. Not sure about the lab though I tried to do a gold remake once, but on ruby, I did my lab like this:

A word of advice though, keep checking it from the beggining, don't use a save, things can always go wrong and thats where mine did. I could no longer go into the first battle without it freezing.

It looks good so far though
    It's my labs roof right? XD I'll try some different things with the lab anyway, it's not a final map. And advice taken, don't worry about it I've made plenty of hacks before ^_^

I'm going to make the insides of the houses and the lab next so stay tuned for screenies ^_^

~Newten5

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    i wish you great luck, and may all of your powers be used during this production. fancy talk ;)

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    looks promising hope to see it completed

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I'll support every Gold Remake I see. Good work, I'll wait for more screenshots. And, of course, good luck Gold Remaker!

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    wicked!!! Newtons making a hack again..hope this time you carry on.

Back