• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Journey Through Kanto

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Introduction
Welcome to my hack, Journey Through Kanto.

Relive the journey of Red all over again in a whole new way. With:

- Every location rebuilt from the ground up. Including new locations and encounters.

- Every element of the story retold, expanded on much further with new characters, and returning characters playing a much bigger role. Even travelling companions.

- Many side-quests to take on to earn money, items, Pokémon, experience and even just fun times!

- Big risk = big reward. Optional (and some essential) boss battles. You'll need a full team to bring down these monsters. Forget about ultrabeasts.

- Re-balanced Pokémon. Physical Special split, as well as stat adjustments. Johto Pokémon have also been integrated, as they are basically the same region! Post game content will involve travelling to a new region near Hoenn, packed with Hoenn Pokémon.

What's Available?
For this demo (call it an alpha), you can finish the story of the first town. This includes one side-quest, one "boss battle" (Very easy, but a taste of things to come) and the entire introduction story. I hope you all like it. I'm pretty proud of it so far! You can go beyond the first town if you like and rest up at home if you need to. There are a few trainers on Route 1 and the game is mapped up to Viridian Forest. There's nothing to do beyond Route 1 though.

Screenshots

CREDITS

Nintendo
Jpan - Hacked Engine
Karatekid552 - Gen III Hacking Suite
esperance - Hopeless Trainer Editor
Hackmew - XSE
diegoisawesome - XSE Scripting Tutorials
Mr Doll Steak - Fire Red Physical Special, decap, etc.
pokemontutorialTV - Advance Item Editor (same)

Thanks, seriously!

Attachments

• Pokemon Kanto Edition.ips
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
You refer to "this demo," but I don't see a download link.
Anyhow, what you've described sounds very promising. Good luck.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
This'll be something to keep an eye on for sure.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Hahaha, sorry I forgot to actually attach said download. It'll be up shortly.

Again it's a very short demo, but it'll be good to know if the direction I'm headed in in the hack is a good one.

Please give feedback here after testing, it'd be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
played it through. VERY short. You have a LOT of work to do. That said, what HAS been done looks VERY promising. I love the way the maps have been redone, and I love how some of the learnsets have been changed. This is a very promising start.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Yeah of course, I did say so! However what I've done has took a hell of a long time. Part of that is learning, part of it is perfectionism. And I've already done more, including a side quest. I'm glad you liked it. Any suggestions?

Steamrolling now that I'm getting used to things more, though. Fun facts, developer notes, if you will.

The sleeping girl at the back of the class? The text being all over the place, total accident. But suited her dreaming perfectly.

As a placeholder? Every Pokemon overworld is currently a Psyduck until I figure out how to put new ones in. Definitely gonna be a running joke or something.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
hello.
from which gen there are pokemons ?

the OP says first and second gen primarilly, though it would make sense to have some third and fourth gen pokemon due to other cross-gen evolution/pre-evolutions like the newer forms of Eevee, Magmorter, or Tangrowth.

Back