• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    i have question did you add forms such dorus, kyurem and other gen 6 forms? im using original save. i notice that the hardware it seems like fast phase, i feel its like 60fps.

Most forms are in, including the weather trio and Hoopa. A few, like Kyurem's, are planned to be included sometime in the future.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Most forms are in, including the weather trio and Hoopa. A few, like Kyurem's, are planned to be included sometime in the future.

WOW! thats really great im waiting for that moment and i hope that this coming gen 7 you'll implemnt them.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Does anyone know where I can find a Deino?

You can find them in Cinnabar Mansion. On the subject of Deino, I might just add some to Route 23.

WOW! thats really great im waiting for that moment and i hope that this coming gen 7 you'll implemnt them.

Judging by a quick scan, the only alternate forms that are left are Aegislash, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Kyurem. Their might be more interesting things to implement when generation 7's Pokemon info is released. ;)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    You can find them in Cinnabar Mansion. On the subject of Deino, I might just add some to Route 23.

Judging by a quick scan, the only alternate forms that are left are Aegislash, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Kyurem. Their might be more interesting things to implement when generation 7's Pokemon info is released. ;)

Thanks for answering my question you're such a goodman :D

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    sturdy prematurely ends multi-hit moves :/

btw i hope pixilate does add that 1.3 multiplier to normal moves?

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    sturdy prematurely ends multi-hit moves :/

btw i hope pixilate does add that 1.3 multiplier to normal moves?

I don't think I'll be able to do much about Sturdy, but I'll look into it.

I'm not exactly certain about the -ate abilities. It also comes from MrDS's ROM base (no source code), so I'm not exactly certain if the multiplier was added to the routines.

Absoluzion

Fighting (*o*)9
    Years
    Thanks Mystery Man this is my team, i just can't get Emboar as a rival main pokemon because i want Pansage earlier :D, and because i don't really like the starters Lillipup act as my starter :)
    Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Till now i just got 2 legendaries. Many legendaries to catch...

So far just got some minor bugs,
    1) Most of them like i said before,
    2) This is intentional or not but a status like stock, swallow, etc still has capitalization

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Alright, this update seems pretty great. I did a playthrough of 0.9.4 and I was... less than satisfied with a lot of features, but you've fixed pretty much every major complaint I had.

Some stuff I've noticed just by going through the game in G3HS-

Spoiler:

I haven't played through this version yet, but I plan to soon. Good work!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    this hack is really cute, the difficulty is perfect and it's just generally a really nice hack.

Moonblast crashes the game though. Makes fighting Dedenne/Carbink terrifying. :(

edit: Flash Cannon does as well

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2018
    First of all - amazing hack! I didn't finish playing it yet, but so far it looks great. I have an idea, though - could you make the Exp. Share to work like in gen 6 games? What I mean is: 1. All Pokemon that don't participate in battle receive 50% of the battler's EXP. 2. All Pokemon that don't participate in battle acquire the same EVs as the battling Pokemon. Or at least the first one? What do you think?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Thanks Mystery Man this is my team, i just can't get Emboar as a rival main pokemon because i want Pansage earlier :D, and because i don't really like the starters Lillipup act as my starter

Till now i just got 2 legendaries. Many legendaries to catch...

So far just got some minor bugs,
    1) Most of them like i said before,
    2) This is intentional or not but a status like stock, swallow, etc still has capitalization

Nice team! And yeah, it is quite easy to abandon the Unova starters especially due to how awesome some of the other Pokemon in the same generation are. Definitely understandable! xD

I'll correct the capitalization incongruities later, thanks.

Alright, this update seems pretty great. I did a playthrough of 0.9.4 and I was... less than satisfied with a lot of features, but you've fixed pretty much every major complaint I had.

Some stuff I've noticed just by going through the game in G3HS-

Spoiler:

They're not yet finished outside of Sylveon.

I haven't played through this version yet, but I plan to soon. Good work!

Responses in bold to make sure I don't skip as much. Thanks! Your feedback and suggestions, gratefully accepted.

this hack is really cute, the difficulty is perfect and it's just generally a really nice hack.

Moonblast crashes the game though. Makes fighting Dedenne/Carbink terrifying.

edit: Flash Cannon does as well

Thanks! Very pleased to read that you find the difficulty to be perfect! About Moonblast and Flash Cannon, I'll probably work on another battle animation for them so that they don't crash on other hardware.

First of all - amazing hack! I didn't finish playing it yet, but so far it looks great. I have an idea, though - could you make the Exp. Share to work like in gen 6 games? What I mean is: 1. All Pokemon that don't participate in battle receive 50% of the battler's EXP. 2. All Pokemon that don't participate in battle acquire the same EVs as the battling Pokemon. Or at least the first one? What do you think?

Thanks! Once I find a safe way to do it, I'll definitely add it to the hack. I might include it in the difficulty rating system or make it a late game item, but yes, once I can, it will be in. :D

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    bug buzz on leavanny isn't OP haha, leavanny only has a measly 70 special attack anyway, worst than even fuking butterfree...

in vanilla games durant learns metal claw at lvl21 and iron head at lvl36. those are decent enough for mid game. iron head is much better than crap wings (seriously just make it 100% accuracy...). unless you telling me this hack has no iron head?? even gen1/gen2 hacks have iron head...

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    bug buzz on leavanny isn't OP haha, leavanny only has a measly 70 special attack anyway...

in vanilla games durant learns metal claw at lvl21 and iron head at lvl36. those are decent enough for mid game. iron head is much better than crap wings (seriously just make it 100% accuracy...). unless you telling me this hack has no iron head??

Iron Head is in this hack, but I moved it to Lv. 51 for Durant as it is its best STAB. I'll take your suggestion for Steel Wing.

Absoluzion

Fighting (*o*)9
    Years
    Why HM Moves are so powerful(power and accuracy)? Because of that i don't get any struggle to put them on any pokemon, the struggle feelings are lost, why you did that XD, i like the struggle feels on any vanilla game when to put a HM move :)

sorry for my bad grammars

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    intimidate does not trigger defiant. by right it should, and the pokemon with defiant should have -1+2=+1 attack at the start of battle

also in a double battle,
    if a pokemon use bulldoze with a flying type as their partner (haven't test with a levitator), the bulldoze will hit only one opposing mon and prematurely end (even if both opposing mons are non flying/levitate).

Why HM Moves are so powerful(power and accuracy)? Because of that i don't get any struggle to put them on any pokemon, the struggle feelings are lost, why you did that XD, i like the struggle feels on any vanilla game when to put a HM move

the poor ones are still terrible
    cut is still only a weak 60bp normal move...
    rock smash is now 60bp but is still terribly weak for fighting move

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Where can I find Skrelp? Pokedex says One/Four/Five island but I've fished and surfed all over and still nothing.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    intimidate does not trigger defiant. by right it should, and the pokemon with defiant should have -1+2=+1 attack at the start of battle

also in a double battle,
    if a pokemon use bulldoze with a flying type as their partner (haven't test with a levitator), the bulldoze will hit only one opposing mon and prematurely end (even if both opposing mons are non flying/levitate).

the poor ones are still terrible
    cut is still only a weak 60bp normal move...
    rock smash is now 60bp but is still terribly weak for fighting move

Thanks for the report! Bulldoze should be fairly easy to fix. Some of the HMs are designed to only be useful at the point you get them.

Why HM Moves are so powerful(power and accuracy)? Because of that i don't get any struggle to put them on any pokemon, the struggle feelings are lost, why you did that XD, i like the struggle feels on any vanilla game when to put a HM move :)

Heh, if you like the feeling of struggle, you should fight the Elite Four on omega mode and EVs activated. :P
    Or try Rush Tower!
    Where can I find Skrelp? Pokedex says One/Four/Five island but I've fished and surfed all over and still nothing.

You should be able to find it by fishing with the Super Rod (obtained in Fuchsia City) in those locations.

Back