• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Appreciate the response! That is something I would really like to do: having a decently sized postgame mini-region to house some of my weirder ideas for dungeons/challenges as well as other legendaries. I've already got some ideas as to how such a postgame would be. So yeah, I do have plans of making the game extend beyond the two regions. :P

I forgot to note that the new region (not the postgame one) is going to be a smaller region itself (around 4-5 gyms) with very different biomes (for the most part) compared to Kanto.

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to play.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2020
    Any updates about this? Really looking forward to some additional content.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Any updates about this? Really looking forward to some additional content.

For Kanto Black? Don't have anything. For UHoF? Quite a bit, or at least I thought so until I took screenshots:
    Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Since I'm already at it, I'll just dump everything else I want to share onto this post.
    Either I will make the thread sometime soon, or I will wait until I can make a release that encompasses most of Kanto (up until and including the Pokemon League). As much as I want to include my new region into the game, completing Kanto would make for the easiest and most attainable checkpoint as far as development goes.

Where development is at, specifically: as can be noted from the screenshots, I've been working on a few sidequests and battle facilities. The Battle Roulette is an entirely new battle facility similar to the Battle Factory, but maybe a little crazier and more beyond your control. Don't know how many more battle facilities I will have, but I would like to at least have a Battle Tower and Battle Factory for the first release. Battle Roulette is just an idea that came up to me while I was working on Celadon City. Other than the side quests and battle facilities, I think I am almost finished with the midgame (gyms 4 - 6), which then leaves the endgame.

I know I've said conflicting things regarding the number of gym leaders, but this time, I think I am decided. For the first release, there will be 8 along with 3 other important quests that will unlock Z-moves, megas, and dynamax (maybe). The game is still going to be divided into three groups, where you will be allowed to do the gyms in any order within the groups (meaning you will have quite a bit of the world open to you right at the beginning). Why these changes? I'd like to finish Kanto before moving on to incorporating another region.

If you want to help me out with this project, please send me a message. I could really use people that are good with music making/editing (FRLG/RSE soundfont), spriters (!!!), maybe a world map creator, maybe a good tile inserter, and, of course, beta testers. I'm going to be a lot pickier about beta testers this time around. If you've reported errors in Kanto Black, have provided feedback for Kanto Black or UHoF development, or have lots of activity on this site, please send me a message!
    (Last note: One thing I am in dire need of: GBA style Janine overworld sprites with walking animations. First release will be little awkward since she uses a standard cooltrainer OW.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Are there any decent training areas in this one? I've kinda hit a brick wall called the Elite Four. My team is low 50s and the Elite four seem to be Low-high 60s. Tis a taaaaaad unbalanced. I mean, they are the Elite 4, I get it, but there's like no decent ways to grind 10 levels, except on the piddly little wild mons of Victory road. Unless that's where you wanted us to grind? Did I miss an area? Not mad, per se. Just hit a brick wall.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    A small Ultra Heart of Fire update:

We're in the endgame now, boys.

The new route shown here is a new Kanto route that will lead to a new city. Route 14 connects to new routes, which lead to the routes shown here. There will be plenty of new routes in the game along with around 3 new cities.
    I've also included more screenshots of the Battle Roulette, accessible in the Game Corner and in the mini-Battle Frontier later on.

Again, if anybody wants to help out or be involved in some way, let me know.

Are there any decent training areas in this one? I've kinda hit a brick wall called the Elite Four. My team is low 50s and the Elite four seem to be Low-high 60s. Tis a taaaaaad unbalanced. I mean, they are the Elite 4, I get it, but there's like no decent ways to grind 10 levels, except on the piddly little wild mons of Victory road. Unless that's where you wanted us to grind? Did I miss an area? Not mad, per se. Just hit a brick wall.

A couple of things:
    1) Have you gone to the Sevii Islands? Islands 1 - 6 are accessible before defeating the Elite Four, where Islands 4 - 6 contain more powerful trainers.
    2) There might be an NPC that gives you a Lucky Egg. Maybe. I'm not exactly sure if I did away with him in the most recent version. If there is no such NPC anymore, Rainbow Isle has merchants that sell Lucky Eggs for BP.
    3) Do you have the VS Seeker? You do not need to charge it for this game.
    4) Did you change the difficulty settings?
    Vanilla Firered's champion is 63, this hack's champion tops at 68 iirc, but you also have many more trainers available especially with Islands 4 - 6 being opened up and accessible before the Pokemon League.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    A couple of things:
    1) Have you gone to the Sevii Islands? Islands 1 - 6 are accessible before defeating the Elite Four, where Islands 4 - 6 contain more powerful trainers.
    2) There might be an NPC that gives you a Lucky Egg. Maybe. I'm not exactly sure if I did away with him in the most recent version. If there is no such NPC anymore, Rainbow Isle has merchants that sell Lucky Eggs for BP.
    Vanilla Firered's champion is 63, this hack's champion tops at 68 iirc, but you also have many more trainers available especially with Islands 4 - 6 being opened up and accessible before the Pokemon League.

Yea, I went to Sevii, forgot about the trainers and the VS Seeker though XD Thanks. I was pretty sleepy last night, so my thoughts were kinda ll over the place. Apologies if I came off as cranky lol. I read somewhere that it's the receptionist in Sliph Co who gives the Lucky Egg, but she wasn't so I'll do without it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2020
    A small Ultra Heart of Fire update:

We're in the endgame now, boys.

The new route shown here is a new Kanto route that will lead to a new city. Route 14 connects to new routes, which lead to the routes shown here. There will be plenty of new routes in the game along with around 3 new cities.
    I've also included more screenshots of the Battle Roulette, accessible in the Game Corner and in the mini-Battle Frontier later on.

Again, if anybody wants to help out or be involved in some way, let me know.

A couple of things:

This is awesome! I cant wait to play this new one you're making. I'd love to help, but I know next to nothing about hacking.

There's one thing I would like to see though. In Kanto Black, almost all pokemon (if not all), had their cries updated. Would very much like to see the same consistency in this new one. It just feels right to send out a Tyrantrum and not here a Zigzagoon cry if you know what I mean lol

Please make the thread soon. I really enjoy your work.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

I still have no people willing to beta test the game at this point, so if you want to help me out, there's that still. That's really the only reason for this post -- to make a final call for beta testers.

Hopefully this will be the last UHoF post I make here.

This is awesome! I cant wait to play this new one you're making. I'd love to help, but I know next to nothing about hacking.

There's one thing I would like to see though. In Kanto Black, almost all pokemon (if not all), had their cries updated. Would very much like to see the same consistency in this new one. It just feels right to send out a Tyrantrum and not here a Zigzagoon cry if you know what I mean lol

Please make the thread soon. I really enjoy your work.

You can beta test the hack. Doing such a thing would be very helpful. :D

As far as the cries, CFRU/DPE did this automatically for me, so everything should be consistent as well.

Are you using the CFRU?

Yes! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    I still have no people willing to beta test the game at this point, so if you want to help me out, there's that still. That's really the only reason for this post -- to make a final call for beta testers.

Hopefully this will be the last UHoF post I make here.

You can beta test the hack. Doing such a thing would be very helpful.

As far as the cries, CFRU/DPE did this automatically for me, so everything should be consistent as well.

Yes!

I think if you made a dedicated thread for UHoF more people will be aware of it and will volunteer to beta test.
    I could do it as well but I can play a few hours a week due to college stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    I would be willing to beta test!

Edit: Also is there a discord for Ultra Heart of Fire?

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
  • Heyo! Angie here!
    This hack looks super! I'm, like, super willing to Beta Test if you need!
    Like the comment above said, is there a Discord yet?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    When I made the post yesterday, I was under the mentality that I was going to release the hack this week since once again, I am going to be incredibly busy for a couple of months (last year of uni). After thinking about this a little bit more, rushing the game would lead to a worse overall outcome, more things considered. Progress will be slower from now on, but the quality will be better. Give me 1, 2, or 3 months. I'd like for the first release to have some decent postgame, too.

I would be willing to beta test!

Edit: Also is there a discord for Ultra Heart of Fire?

Where can you get the beta of uhof?

Im willing to beta test

Heyo! Angie here!
    This hack looks super! I'm, like, super willing to Beta Test if you need!
    Like the comment above said, is there a Discord yet?

There is a server, but I haven't been doing much with it. Here is the link to the server:
    https://discord.gg/kTpDGyU

I think if you made a dedicated thread for UHoF more people will be aware of it and will volunteer to beta test.
    I could do it as well but I can play a few hours a week due to college stuff.

I suppose that's true. It is a bit silly that at this point, I still haven't created a thread for it.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

Also willing to beta test, how do I do that?

Was going to release it since everything up to Pokemon League is finished, but decided that I wanted to add more things to make the first release feel more complete. I estimate I won't be making any releases for a month or two.

Are you using complete fire red upgrade tool?

Yes sir!

Last edited:
    Back