• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth [T] [IC]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ford Knox & Jett Minks
    joint post - part 2

When Ford woke up the next morning, he yawned largely and didn't realize that he was sleeping in a tent until he had stared up at the blue ceiling for a minute or so, realizing the unusual lighting and curving of it. He sat up straight, clearly awake, and remembered last night's events. His pokémon were inside their pokéballs, sitting on his belt which was still in his trousers. He had only a t-shirt and underpants on him. Now he switched shirts and pulled on the pants, thinking with a grumpy head that he'd like to shower. He wasn't one of those geeks who didn't care about personal hygiene. He was a good smelling geek, and he took pride in it. Really, if he'd only cared, he could actually be a cool kid. But why bother?

Crawling out of the tent, he saw Pansear finally having fallen asleep next to the burnt out fire, curled up as if he had almost been falling asleep on top of the flaming branches and logs. That's a fire type for you. While Ford looked around to spot the guy from the night before... Jett, was it? Well, he pulled up the smartdex to say goodmorning to his online friends.

- entering group chat [Zodiac] -
    Sagittarius: Good morning.
    Sagittarius: Waking up in a forest certainly is... unpleasant.
    Aries: waking up always is unpleasant,
    Pisces: I could have told you. ;)
    Sagittarius: Pisces! Where are you? You're a trainer!
    Pisces: Yes. And I'm on the other side of Kanto seen from your perspective.
    Sagittarius: You could have told me you're a trainer too :<
    Pisces: Haha, it would only have scared you unnecessarily. But it seems you found out anyways.
    Aries: word travels fast, when 12 bored mouths are speaking,
    Pisces: See, you don't stand a chance against me.
    Aries: ^
    Sagittarius: What?
    Sagittarius: And why are you agreeing with her, Aries!
    Pisces: You may know that Aries is a pretty wealthy girl.
    Pisces: She's been helpful on my journey already.
    Sagittarius: Wha what alksd apsok you're sponsoring her or what?!
    Aries: I just aligned myself with the least depressing side,
    Aries: at the very least, I get to see you gradually become as miserable as I am,
    Sagittarius: ...
    Pisces: Now, now, she doesn't mean to be mean. You know how she is.
    Pisces: But anyways. How many allies have YOU got, Ford?

Ford closed the chat. Dammit, he thought with a terrified look on his face. He didn't even feel like having breakfast now.

Outside of the tent, Jett was sitting, half asleep. He had seriously misjudged when morning would come in his attempt to stay up all night. Why did he even stay up all night? Well, forests were a difficult to thing to sleep in unless you were forcibly knocked out, he mused.

The results of sleep deprivation came in the form of nasty dark circles and blurry vision. His speech was lagging as well. "Please...tell me you're awake."

Jett had nobody to blame for this but himself.

Ford was lost in thoughts, but did look up when the other guy spoke. "Oh? Yeah... I'm awake. I just... I kind of found out that one of my friends is my enemy all of a sudden. Is all."

Pansear woke up and yawned only once before he was his usual energetic self again. Dammit, he had lost the battle of who stayed up the longest with the other human boy! Nevermind, he looked like a wreck now while Pansear was feeling glorious. The monkey let out a little morning giggle.

The little red pokemon got a death glare from Jett, especially emphasized by the bags under his eyes. He was wishing a lot of ill will on that Pansear, and karma was going to get him for it later.

That worked as perfect inspiration for a reply to Ford. "Send them the Pansear. They deserve it."

Again, his mouth had spoken before his brain could process good and bad, but he probably would have said it anyways. That would show him for laughing. Well, at least it would make Jett feel accomplished.

Ford laughed. "Maybe I will! Oh, no, it was a joke," he quickly added when Pansear turned around to glare at him. "You're with me. For now, at least. Anyways, breakfast?"

He went to get his backpack and started unpacking some of the fit-on-foot-food that Chef had made for him. That's what he called it. Ford assumed that it was food that was easy to carry, gave you lots of energy and didn't grow old quickly. He assumed. It tasted good, at least. He took out Pikachu, Pidgey, Psyduck, Sandshrew and Chikorita to give them some too. It was clear that if he would give his pokémon human food every day, this would be a very expensive journey. He'd have to win many battles...

Jett just sat there, absent-mindedly stroking his Hoothoot's feathers. He felt like he could crash any minute, and he really needed to get up and move around.

"So just be sure to tell me when you're ready to go." It came out more bitter sounding than he had intended, but at least it accurately conveyed how he was feeling right now. "Do you even know how to get to Pewter City from here?"

Jett didn't. He'd been aimlessly wandering the forest, and he didn't even know which direction was which anymore. He assumed, judging by the fact that he'd run into Ford, that he was either very lost, or on the right track. Lost was probably more like it.

Ford gestured with a sandwich to Jett, seeing that he didn't eat any breakfast of his own. "You want some?"

"And yeah," he then said, standing up. "I guess I was to bitter at Pidgey yesterday to realize it. But you can fly high up and see in what direction we should go to reach Pewter City, right?" He directed the last part to his bird, who puffed out his chest importantly and nodded.

The bird took off and Ford still felt unsure... but it was better than just walking around aimlessly all day again. "And remember it's NOT the city we came from!" he called out, hoping the bird understood. Pidgey chirped back down at him, just a little dot in the sky now.

"Well, then... let's wait and see if he finds something," Ford said, shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe you could have your Hoothoot go with him?"

To Ford's first question, Jett replied with an awkward, "Er...what is it?" This was to mean 'what's in it?' but the way he asked made him sound like sandwiches were a foreign concept to him.

"It's just a sandwich. Not sure what's in it... some cheese and salad and stuff. My chef made it."

Then to Fords second question Jett replied, simply by stirring Tom awake, and telling her to follow along. It took a few moments for the bird Pokemon to become aware of its surroundings, but when it did, it took off, almost flying in the wrong direction, then correcting itself.

"I think I'll have to pass," replied Jett sulkily. He was hungry, really, but he wasn't especially interested in picking through to find out what was in it. Picky eating habits was probably going to be the death of him on this journey.

Ford wrapped up his tent and packed all the stuff he had spread out. Once again, he wished that he could shower. Maybe he could do that in the pokémon center of Pewter? Or maybe pokémon trainers were normally pretty dirty and didn't care. He supposed he should just get used to it. Or ask Pestify... nah, Pisces could maybe make fun of him for being silly. Thinking of his new rival again, he felt a bit sad... but instead, he turned to Jett.

Maybe that boy could be some sort of rival too? He wasn't too friendly. Actually, he hadn't said much ever since he got here. Didn't look like he had slept either. Ford took in Pansear in its pokéball and let out Pikachu... and Chikorita. Since she was new to the team, he wanted to get to know her. She seemed jolly enough about being about to leave the for-

"Wait!" Ford suddenly realized. "Chikorita is from this forest!" He bent down. "Hey, do you know the way back to the road? The man made road."

Chikorita leaned her head to the side and looked at him for a moment. Then she shook her head.

"Ah well," Ford shrugged, "it was worth a try. Maybe the birds come back soon. So," he continued, turning back to Jett instead. "How long have you been a trainer for?"

Jett thought about it for a moment, not even sure what day it was anymore. "Maybe two or three days," was his answer. "Professor Oak gave me my Pokemon. I think it made me have a mid-life crisis."

That was a joke, obviously, but delivered with a deadpan tone and expression. It was also supposed to be ironic, but Jett wasn't sure if it constituted as such. He peered at Luca, who was the only Pokemon present who was still asleep. That Tepig was a really heavy sleeper.

Ford blinked. "You're an Oak trainer too? Heh, I am too! Pikachu is my starter."

Pikachu nodded calmly in a sort of greeting towards Jett, where the pokémon stood beside Chikorita at Ford's feet. 'So that's the Tepig,' Pikachu said.

"He can't understand you," Ford told the mouse.

'Tepig can. Though it sleeps.'

"Yeah, ok, true."

Cocking an eyebrow at Ford, Jett asked, "Are you talking to your Pokemon?" He wasn't in any state of disbelief or confusion, just curiosity. Calling the police was not high on his priority list, unless this kid started talking about how his Pikachu told him to kill his family or something.

It was all about circumstances. And Jett didn't know Ford's circumstances.

"Oh, yeah, with this!" Ford said with a smile and picked up his merged smartphone-pokédex for Jett to see. "My techy friend made it. I just hope professor Oak won't be mad that we ruined his pokédex... it kind of fell into a river. So. It would have been dead if my friend didn't do something with it. Right Pikachu?"

'Oh, Arceus,' Pikachu sighed. 'I never want to experience something like that again.'

"Haha, sorry, that was quite an adventure I put you through, I guess."

That elicited a stare from Jett. It mas more dumbfounded than analytical, trying to process what the other boy had said. "Okay. So you fell in a river...at some point between Pallet Town and here?"

At that time, those were the only words Jett could get to come out, and while he was more intrigued about the Pokedex, it seemed that his fascination with the misfortune of others was far greater. So he corrected himself, asking, "So what does it do? I mean, function-wise."

"Yeah... I was spying on some Sandshrew on Route 22 and... well, I fell. Anyways, it's a merged smartphone and pokédex." Ford held it out so that Jett could see more closely. "My friend is insanely good at this stuff. Building things. So I can basically use it as a phone, as a pokédex, and I can also reach internet with it. I sure don't want to drop this one into a river. Or a puddle, even..."

Jett nodded, not sure that he really had anything relevant to say. Then something clicked in his mind. "That thing gets internet?" he asked.

There was no real reason that he should be so interested in the internet, not having very much presence in the online world to begin with, but that was what caught his attention. It took a moment for him to realize why that had caught his attention, but when he did it was like a slap to the face.

"So why can't you look up directions to get out of here?"

Ford blinked. Then he sighed and facepalmed. "I guess... I could use a GPS function. Hm. Yes."

Trying hard not to blush but feeling awkwardly stupid, Ford searched his smartdex for a GPS app. He had never really needed one before since his nerdy life had seldom made him go to many places. And certainly not get lost in the woods.

Just then, a bird cried above though. Pidgey and Tom were back!

"Oh, look!" Ford said and pointed with a far too relieved smile. "They have probably found Pewter already so let's just follow them?"

Jett replied by straightening himself up and saying, "Okay. Let's go then."

He wasn't quite so sure about this, and so he cautioned, "Are you sure you want to put away the GPS? You know...just in case we need it."

"Uh... I can keep it up... to make sure that the birds are indeed flying in the right direction!" Ford said and looked down again to keep looking for that blasted GPS app that should be there somewhere, while simultaneously starting to walk.

When the birds saw that they had the boys' attention, they took off again to finally lead them out of this jungle.​

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Chapter 4

Route 2

| Setting | After departing Viridian forest, to the northlies the continuation of Route 2, which is a uniquely designed route that contains two pathways for a Trainer to follow, which are separated by a column of trees with only a few gaps blocked by cut-able trees. There are clear pathways available, flanked either side by patches of tall grass containing wild Pokémon. Occasionally Pokémon exit the grass and take refuge on the path, and may attack if disturbed. Route 2 is a popular area for Pokémon trainers from Pewter city to train there Pokémon, mainly bug Pokémon like Caterpie and Weedle, and won't hesitate to challenge anyone they see to a battle.

| Available Pokémon |

Common |

Uncommon |

Rare |

| What you may, may not and must do |
    -You must go through the Route.
    -You may battle NPC's/fellow roleplayers here, if you're doing the latter, joint posting is preferable.
    -You may catch as many Pokémon as you would like, however you must leave the ball rocking at the end of your post.

| Optional Event | Diglett's Cave

| Setting | If you head east after exiting the forest rather than north, you will come across a large group of people standing outside of a cave. If you ask them why they are there they will inform you that a number of small quakes and tremors have come from within the cave, with increasing power. They have gathered to try and stop whatever is causing the quakes. If you decide to help, you will be paired with someone (whether it is an NPC or a fellow roleplayer is up to you) or you can venture on your own. If you reach the end of the tunnel (the Vermillion City side has been blocked off by a rock slide) then you will come across a black Dugtrio with ruby-red eyes and a crimson 'R' printed on the torso of the middle being of the Dugtrio, if you attempt to capture the Pokémon your Pokéballs will bounce off. Upon defeating the Dugtrio it will return to its normal colours, and you will have the chance to capture it.

NOTE: Only one player may catch the Dugtrio, and whoever does will have the most vital role in fighting Team Rocket.

| Available Pokémon |

Common |

Pewter City

| Setting | Pewter City is a city located in northwest Kanto. The locale lies between Viridian Forest (via Route 2) and Mt. Moon (via Route 3). The most notable resident of the city is the Pewter City Gym Leader. The town has a friendly atmosphere, which has been slightly dampened by the threat of an attack by Team Rocket. Don't be too offended if you're character is given a cold shoulder as they are outsiders. Most of the population will receive you warmly, and will be glad to tell you of the history of the city.

| Available Pokémon|

None available.

| What you may, may not and must do |
    -You must enter the town.
    -You may battle NPC's/fellow roleplayers here, if you're doing the latter, joint posting is preferable.

| Mandatory Event | Pewter City Gym Battle

| Setting | The Pewter Gym is the official Gym of Pewter City. It is based on Rock-type Pokémon. The Gym Leader is Forrest. Trainers that defeat him receive the Boulder Badge. Forrest is the younger brother of Brock and the son of Flint, both former Leaders of the Pewter Gym.

| Forrest's Pokémon |

Back