• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefreak437

is looking for sig. tutorials.
    Years
    Great game! But I noticed a glitch. At the beginning when fighting the level 4 Porygon, when you use tackle it says "Not very effective" Normal is effective against normal... But oh well

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    you should make red more challenging like give his pokemon max ev benefit nature best attacks that would make red much stronger because he was to easy even with underleveld team like lvl 65 max i could beat him easy

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    Cool news LaZ

Will be beta 3 the final one?

Beta 3 will be the final beta. but not the final release :P

Hey!

I was playing the game yesterday and my game crashed few times in two places...

1. At the Lake of Rage, the game crashes when I challenged the red gyarados. I had golbat as my first pokemon, and when I changed it to some other, it didn't crash anymore.

2. At Mahogany town, in the Rocket base. The floor where you're finding the passwords. In the room where's the female rocket who knows the first password, there is somekind of scientist. When I'm trying to ask the scientist, the game crashes.

BTW. I play the game on my psp with "unofficial gpSP kai 32 test 0.7"

And I don't know if someone already has reported these...

But anyway it's a wonderful hack, you have done great work

yes i know about the red garados bug. but i think that is only caused if you have a fake gba_bios.bin file. Theres a reason for this and that is... its fine on VBA. After all i dont support other emulators other than VBA and VBA Link. try getting a legit bios file (i have no idea where from)

I have a problem in the game,this is at the rocket invasion at goldenrood at the 5th floor there is a rocket grunt discussed as a director,he should fight me but he doesn't he just talks and I can't get the key....

hmm. its probably a flag issue that happened somewhere. maybe you did certain events in a different order or something :P. tbh im not sure. might have to start a new game...

Almost certain that Red Gyarados is available before Cianwood, you just can't get past the cookie guy until after Cianwood I think :p

red garados is available after you get surf. not sure if its meant to be like that or not :P

Here is the "Pokemon Location FAQ".

One important thing!

The underground and the map with the outside of the Whirl Islands are the only places that I haven't done.

I can't find the "Outside Whirl Islands" map in Advance Map and the Underground is way to big to do.

Wow, doing this big beast showed me that 1 HOENN starter is available. If advance map isn't lying to me, then you can capture wild Mudkips near Ice Path in the water, so check the FAQ!

the outside whirl islands map (route 41) you can get to easily. its not in map bank 3. just go to route 40 and then open the connections and press down and you will be there :P

Cheers for the FAQ dude. greatly appreicated :D. i know i know i havent updated the first page with the walkthrough for ages... i will do it soon.

Heya Link.

This looks better and better everytime I come here.

You know I love Gimp, and I got bored, so now MY FIRST FANART!!! XDD

Hope ya like it^^

Good luck, cya

hey dude. thats awsome stuff. i'll have to make a fan art section on the first page :O
    thanks again :P

Advance Map is one of the programs that a hacker uses to make maps in the pokemon games. It also show you where which pokemon is located, what scripts are on which map etc.

Well, if you read my walkthrough than you would have known that that pikachu (who can talk) gives you an EXP Share.

well that pickachu was not meant to be in beta 2.0 or 2.1. its from beta 1. im not 100% if i removed it from the official 2.1 release though. i have removed it now though :P

Just a bit of a heads-up: is the Rival in Victory Road going to be slowed down a bit? He walks in really fast and leaves really fast. =/ Also, a minor note: the sign in front of Indigo Plateau reads "Indego". XD

well he walked fast in the orginal so its most likley gonna stay the same. thanks for the text error too :P

i found me a sweet glitch in the mystery stone panel chamber if you press A on the little tablet thingy you get all glitched up, i would post a screenie but i cant yet ;(

what happens is the floor goes black along with the walls, but the two statues next to you get all glitched & such, but them two people stay there. After this happens you cannot move.

PM me for screenies

I play it on Visual Boy advance

that seems quite strange. could you PM me the shots? (when i empty my box lol)

Hey...

I found a little thing again which crashes my game...

I'm now at Victory Road battling with my rival, and when he sends out his kadabra, my game crashes. I have tried to battle him with three different pokemon now and it just keeps crashing. Does it crash with VBA or no$(?) emulators?

And I don't know is this reported before, for some reason i'm too lazy to search that from 110 pages

i was afraid of this happening... it was a bug since beta 1. there is no true fix for it im afraid. this WILL be fixed in beta 3 for sure as its a critical bug.

I dun know whether this has been reported b4 but the game crashes when i talk to a static grunt in the 1st floor of dragon den static hideout

yea it has been mentioned i think. its the first one i know about it. thanks.

It's The Best hacks I've ever seen

Hope You finished It before november (The month that HG/SS is speculated to be released)

The problem Is I want To play It on my EDGE card , But I can't , and I don't like playing on emulator

But still , I enjoyed playing it more than any other hack

well i HOPE to get a release out before HGSS are released but the way progress is moving atm its unlikely.

Nice yo hear from you LaZ. Good luck on OS. (Where are the new minigames XD, btw have you inserted the one I gave you the script for?)

hey dude. whats OS btw? lol. i still have that script and i havent inserted it yet. im not 100% that i will now though. well see.

Just a few things to point out on the SS Aqua:

-That one PokÈfan in the third room on the bottom gives you 0 dollars.

-In the same room, there's one girl on the ground (the Youngster you battle), and then there's another one on the wall on the upper-right corner.

-On the lower floor, that Picnicker girl, when beaten, says what she says after the battle (the line about Saffron and Celadon).

Not sure if these have been mentioned, though.

thanks for those bugs dude. im not sure how to fix the 0 dollars thing. i'll figure it out :P

I caught jirachi and he only knows iron defence,what's the story behind this?

the story is simple. the end of the learnable moves table starting with i think latios or something got changed and now each time i change it back for the moves to be right it just changes it itself. i will fix this for beta 3 though. its a similar thing with jirachi freezing before the battle starts as its loading the wrong moves into ram and takes AGES. i think.

Just wanted to point out another bug: in the Silph Co. basement, there's one fat guy who'll say he's hiding from Team Aqua and gives you a Kelpsy Berry for keeping quiet. In my case, I checked my bag for it and when I came out of it, it's as if the guy switched places with me and copied my sprite. I'm trapped there because I have him to my left and a box above, and the Escape Rope doesn't work to get out of there, and I don't have anyone that knows Teleport. D:

Another similar case is getting into a wild battle on Route 39's grass while it's Sandstorming. As I moved away, a sprite of Gold was left behind. Also, a sprite of Gold appears on the Battle Tower, right on the building.

oh those bugs sound odd. i havent encountered them. i'll fix them though :P

Does LaZ know 'bout every bug that has been reported? In order to fix 'em in beta 4

not every bug. there will always be bugs im afraid :(

Hey Link and Zelda and Jake. How have ya been? This hack is increasing so good luck! . Btw you still remember me?

hey i dont rememebr you actully. (soz i forget people easy). btw you make it sound like link and zelda and jake is three people :P. its just linkandzelda (me) and jake (zeikku)

LaZ didn't add that event so far. We'll see if he will add... that's not confirmed

i will add that event (gs ball) in some way.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4755761#post4755761

Just made the help thread

awsome dude. i'll add it to the fisrt post soon.

he is trainer red included in this game?

yes. in mt silver like always.

oh meh god where can i find gastly no pokemon is sprout tower D: *wishes for gangar* '~'

gasly can be found on route 36 in the grass.

This hack is awesome! does anyone know when the next beta might be?

i do :P not any time soon im afraid xD

completely 100% playable and extremely fun. A+ on all aspects. the only things i saw that were wrong have already been mentioned: speech running over, movement permission errors, etc, etc. just small things.

one thing that did mess me up was at the lake of rage. i beat team rocket before i beat (and caught) the red gyarados. maybe it was something messed up with the flags because i did things out of order, but i'd try to pass the guy that tries to sell me the cookie and he wouldn't let me, even after i had beaten team rocket and caught the red gyarados. maybe that wasn't what i was supposed to do.

might be because i'm playing it on my psp...i dunno.

well i need to make it so that those events can be done whenever you want and it wont mess with the flags. i designed it to be done where you go to cianwood first.

Why there isn't upstairs at pokÈcenter... I wanna trade and battle with other people And play with my brother like we played other games, he played at his computer and I at my own and we made trades to evolve our pokÈmons. I wanna trade!!! (Is there any place where I can?)

in beta 3 there will be no upstairs either but the communications pokecenter in goldenrod :P with simple trading and single battle :P

great remake i love it, crystal didnt have enough stuff to do, but this is perfect. anyways i have a few q's:

1. i have a seadra. how can i get it to evolve exactly?? if it's a level, what level, or if it's an item, what item?

2. lol this ones funny but i got ambushed by a lvl 76 natu on my way to the clear bell. good thing i caught it lol! gonna come in handy later.

3. i heard that when you accept a starter from one of those guys it cant evolve. so if i leave them alone to accept in the next beta, will they be able to evolve then?

thx for the hack you did a sweet job! hopefully someone can answer those questions for me

oh and i found it funny and time saving that you dont need whirlpool in dragons den b/c u can walk on some parts that u cant normally walk on lol

oh that natu sounds a bit scary lol. i will fix it. well it wont a matter if you get them or not as again you will have to start a new game on beta 3.

Yeah, that's true. Though I kinda freaked out when I first saw it and found it weird how acid rain-like it was. XD

Anyway, another bug I'm not sure has been reported: one of the Schoolboys on Route 15 (closest to Fuchsia) has three Paras (I think; I know I saw one or two) and a Ditto. Like Brendan's Camerupt, if you don't 1HKO it, the game'll freeze while still playing the battle theme. I had my Pidgeot use Fly, it survived and use Transform, and my game froze. And I just had my Growlithe evolve once it learned Flamethrower, too. D: (Good thing I made a Save State at the beginning of the Route, but still.)

thanks for this bug. i need to know where every freezing trainer is.

At Bug Contest Park that little boy talks about pokÈmon boxes but there reads BAXES...

I just noticed that little mistake, I don't know if someone else has told it before me. There was something more that I had to say but I don't remember what it was, it was maybe somekind of bug...

thanks for the text error.

Trainer infomation

Anthony

PKMN TRANIER

Which in-battle sprite should your trainer have?

Max Potion

Pokemon Infomation

Ferligataor,Pikachu,Charizard,Noctowl(Repeat this next section for the number of pokemon you have)

*Which Pokemon?

Ferligataor: Hydro Pump,Water Gun,Bite, Ice Punch Pikachu: Thunderbolt,Thundershock,Thunder,Growl

Charizard

Flamethrower

Ember

Fly

Scratch

Noctowl

Fly

Wing Attack,Barrier

What item does it carry?

Location Infomation

*Kanto

*Cerluan City behind the gym

*What position whould your trainer be at?

If known, what are Cordinates your trainer should be at?

Other Trainer infomation

If any, In Which Weather do you want to Appear?

After

Yes

Trainer Text

*Hey you. What are you doing here?

*S-s-sorry.....

*You'll see me alot, I hope...

YOU AGAIN?! I'm gonna beat your... I mean,you. In battling.

trainer requests in a pm please...

lol thx man i was using a diff program which i dont think can edit evolution

Anywyas idk and idc of they have been spotted yet but heres my glitch report on stuff i havent seen yet from others:

-unlimited TM03 in celadon building from guy telling the story on top floor

-game corner tms are the same in both corners not rlly a glitch but a dissappointment lol

-couple minor spelling errors here and there (i remember only 1 off hand: below mr psychics house, a guy says "bak" instead of "back") lol yes im picky, actually im a perfectionist

-i ran into the game freezing quagsire but that has been noted in dirks walkthru

-quite a few pokemon using ODD moves lol (ex. in silph co.- pidgeot with aurora beam, electrode which appears to have no moves lol cuz it used struggle. also ive noticed but not taken note of other times weird moves have happened)

-trainer in erikas gym has an Arbok??

-dude standing on table in house north of cycle road

Great hack i like it alot ! thumbs up

cheers for the bug report. the more bugs i have to fix the better this will be :D

Does anyone else just LOVE the unlimited articunos lol

i actually just stumbled upon him and it turns out that he doesnt go away when u catch him =)

lol my team is now 5 articunos and a zapdos haha

Edit: well i decided that if articuno wasnt going away, i would train against it xD BUT then i beat it once, and it was gone forever lol. OH and one thing i foundd was weird, i caught 2 articunos, and their stats were pretty much equal EXCEPT the 2nd one i caught had 30 more defense points.... lol wtf

well that is a cool bug i supose. i should of fixed that when i discovered it...

I hopez you liekz it LaZ

Code:
    https://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/Zephyr_GFX/Untitled-22.png
    <-- If you want to use it

Awsome dude. i will add it to the first post.

On the Johto gym rematches, Chucks Medicharm freezes the game 3 out of 4 times before i can get a move in.

Lol on a side note the one time it didnt freeze the game, i didnt save and Prices piloswine froze my game lol.

lol thats annoying. that battle is messed up i know.

Spoiler:

I hope I meet the requirements... ^_^

you havent met the requirments becuase TRAINER REQUESTS IN A PM XD. unless the box was filled then i'll let you off :P

Update: Well i havent worked on LC for almost 2 weeks now. ive been busy with other things and couldnt work on it. i started working again this morning so that should put me back in the swing of things. its tough to hack on a mac xD.

Trainer requests note: The trainer requests will be active for ONE MORE DAY ONLY!!!!! after this the application will be removed from the first post and i will ignore any requests i recive. i have recived alot of requests in a om that i havent looked at yet. thats why they ar enot on the accepted or declined list.

I appoligize again for not updateing the first post but i just didnt have time to do it. i could barely keep up with the posts LOL.

well thats it for now.
    link

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Hey link. when you first started accepting trainers I sent you a request and you accepted it. I was a cool boy trainer with a Typhlosion, Charizard and a Blaziken/Flareon (I wasn't sure if you were letting hoenn Pokemon in or not) inside of Cinnabar Volcano, and before the battle i said that i wanted to be the strongest fire type trainer. I sent you a message after you released the beta telling you that there was something wrong with it. I was still inside the volcano and I still said that I wanted to be the strongest fire type trainer, but I was a bird keeper with a Farrow another bird type Pokemon, and a Typhlosion.

I was just wondering if you had ever gotten around to fixing that or not.

Your pm box was full when i just tried to send this to you.

linkandzelda

Years
    Hey link. when you first started accepting trainers I sent you a request and you accepted it. I was a cool boy trainer with a Typhlosion, Charizard and a Blaziken/Flareon (I wasn't sure if you were letting hoenn Pokemon in or not) inside of Cinnabar Volcano, and before the battle i said that i wanted to be the strongest fire type trainer. I sent you a message after you released the beta telling you that there was something wrong with it. I was still inside the volcano and I still said that I wanted to be the strongest fire type trainer, but I was a bird keeper with a Farrow another bird type Pokemon, and a Typhlosion.

I was just wondering if you had ever gotten around to fixing that or not.

Your pm box was full when i just tried to send this to you.

Sure i'll sort that out. Not quite sure what went wrong with that though :S

Below is an extract from a new section on the first page...

Game Help

Stuck on the game? Then go to the new help thread created by Pokepal17. The thread can found here

Credits to Dirk123 for the following documents

Need to know where to find a certain Pokemon? Then Dirk123's Pokemon Locations FAQ is the place to look before asking. The post containing the .DOC file is here.

Dont feel like asking a question on the help thread? Why not check Dirk123's walkthrough before asking in this thread. This also includes a bug report for people to read BEFORE reporting a bug. The post containing the .DOC file can be found here.

Wondering when your Trade Evolution Pokemon will evolve? Check the special evolution post from Dirk123. It contains all the special evolutions. the post can be found here.

Hopefully this will reduce the spam this thread is getting xD.
    Btw just to let people know i'm ill atm so im going to sleep now. hopfully i'll be better tomorow and i can resume work on LC. on a side note...

MESSAGE TO ZEIKKU: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU DUDE? I NEED YOU ONLINE. PLEASE COME BACK... I love you...

With that said i say my good night xD
    link

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    I don't mean to sound dumb but will the eggs containing Totodile and Chikorita be available in future releases?

linkandzelda

Years
    Yay for me, for finally being on the first page

**Drinks rum and eats chocolate chip cookies with LaZ**

xD glad to see your happy

**Opens a new packet of cookies and shares with Dirk123**

LOL

I don't mean to sound dumb but will the eggs containing Totodile and Chikorita be available in future releases?

well in the beta 2.1 they wernt eggs but just pokemon. so no they wont be eggs but just the pokemon :P with no evolution bug :D

link

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2012
    wow this looks amazing (: great job!

i can't seem to download it though....sendspace is blocked :/ and so is like every other file sharing site lol

can someone email it to me? x3

[email protected]

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
    Years
    I've sent a Trainer Request some Days ago.
    i hope that you will read it :D

And there are some Trainers in the game who freeze the game -.-
    You should fix that!

Nevertheless, cool game :D

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    that guy was removed from blackthorn city. i thought i removed it in beta 2.1 but maybe not :S

link

I have never played Beta 1 and 2.0, only beta 2.1
    And both that guy and the Pikachu appear every once in a while at their respectfull locations.
    O well, an extra Exp Share is always a plus when training pokemon :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back