• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
@ likeicareusewe don't be a moron and started cursing and calling me an idiot on one of my videos because of a save problem, please learn to keep your temper under control. I have no tolerance for people who act like you, if you want to give a solution to a problem, I'm willing to listen but downright flaming and calling someone an idiot is not a proper manner to act, as such all comments like you posted are removed. I'm assuming you are from here since you talked about this page and the only other people that know about that channel are not Poke-centric. The problem has been resolved, thus starting to flame me afterward is entirely and utterly pointless.

That's the YT account.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
ugh you're so annoying on youtube. All you do is ask for criticism then act like a child when somebody even has some SLIGHT negativity about it. And then you have the nerve to put a message telling people not to rate it if it's going to be low, that kind of attitude is just ASKING for people to give it one star.

Look, the basic thing is, you can be as critical as you want to be, but you'll never know the amount of time and skill it's takes to make a music hack. For this reason, I don't even think anyone has the right to be as critical as they are. But your rating is useless if you don't comment. Most of you being "overly critical" have no respect for music hacking and have no idea of the work and knowledge it takes.

For instance... do you know what a voicegroup is? Can you tell me the GBA's music limits? What's the maximum amount of DirectSound instruments you can have in GBA music? What is Anvil Studio? Have you ever TRIED composing a remix from start? If you answer no to these, then yes, you don't have any respect for music hacking.

Criticize it... I'll listen, but don't expect me to automatically change something just because ONE person didn't like it. I have the right to bark at you. After all, you come on MY video being overly critical, I have the right to snap at you. For all the people being overly critical I say this... Gain some respect for music hacking, gain some respect for the skill it takes. I can quit making mixes anytime you know. Or I could simply make them private, for only LaZ and a select number of others to see.

So yeah buddy, I do have the nerve. I think if you're going to give my video a damned one, you better have a good reason to back it up. You aren't helping anybody by silently rating the video and not saying crap. I'm not asking you to say something GOOD, I'm asking you to tell me WHY you gave me a low rating. If you can't give a good reason, then you're rating was ignorant.

It really can't be that hard to say "Oh, I didn't like this because [point A] was too loud and I felt you could've used a different instrument at [point B].

"THIS ****ING SUCKS LOL" is not helping anybody. "WOW MY GRANDMA COULD DO BETTER" is not helping anybody. For those being critical, learn the difference between flaming and criticism.

Upon further research, it wasn't the work of a bunch of idiots that made my Rocket Test 4 have a lower rating, but a single idiot, Mariosonic for giving it a one. Everyone else gave it a 5 and he gives it a one? Makes no sense. I'll go as far as saying he just gave it a one to mess up my ratings.

And that's all I have to say about the subject.

@ likeicareusewe don't be a moron and started cursing and calling me an idiot on one of my videos because of a save problem, please learn to keep your temper under control. I have no tolerance for people who act like you, if you want to give a solution to a problem, I'm willing to listen but downright flaming and calling someone an idiot is not a proper manner to act, as such all comments like you posted are removed. I'm assuming you are from here since you talked about this page and the only other people that know about that channel are not Poke-centric. The problem has been resolved, thus starting to flame me afterward is entirely and utterly pointless.

That's the YT account.

dudes. maybe im not meant to but im beliving this to be spam related. As its not releated to the thread... dont want to stop anyone resovling an issue but this isnt really the place to do it... please no one respond to these posts. thanks you :P

link

linkandzelda

Years
He he. great. were back on topic. it looks like were going back to the old rom. i've cleared out all the unused map data. its cleared up ALOT of space. next is the FR scripts. ans then the dead music and then the dead scripts if i can find them lol.

on another note... heres a video to remind you of the LC progress over the last 2+ years... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-0S4X0WS4E&feature=related

link

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
dudes. maybe im not meant to but im beliving this to be spam related. As its not releated to the thread... dont want to stop anyone resovling an issue but this isnt really the place to do it... please no one respond to these posts. thanks you :P

link
Ahh sorry it was related to the video I posted before about the save problem after the E4. The one which had been solved and the one you posted on, said video's been deleted now, and I got to say this is actually enjoyable to replay through even though I'm on like the 4th replay through to get back to the E4 at this point so it's addicting :).

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Magnius, the remix sounds awesome, like I said on the video. It'll be great to listen to it while playing Beta 3. XD

LaZ, sounds like some good progress going on. Hopefully, there's not much dead stuff to take out. (But...there probably is. XD)

hawawa675

Pokemon Memorization Expert
Years
hey laz i know that you need entei rakiou and suicune to get to ho-oh in the original crystal but could you let us get ho-oh without having to catch the three dogs,beasts, or whatever there called?

linkandzelda

Years
Ahh sorry it was related to the video I posted before about the save problem after the E4. The one which had been solved and the one you posted on, said video's been deleted now, and I got to say this is actually enjoyable to replay through even though I'm on like the 4th replay through to get back to the E4 at this point so it's addicting :).

he he. i see. good to know its addictive :D

Magnius, the remix sounds awesome, like I said on the video. It'll be great to listen to it while playing Beta 3. XD

LaZ, sounds like some good progress going on. Hopefully, there's not much dead stuff to take out. (But...there probably is. XD)

you'll be surprised how much there is actully. as i used LC as my test rom when i first started out...

lol black snow in Goldenrod ):

Yea its a palette refresh bug. cant really be fixed... but as of now it dosnt really matter... :P

hey laz i know that you need entei rakiou and suicune to get to ho-oh in the original crystal but could you let us get ho-oh without having to catch the three dogs,beasts, or whatever there called?

well... i suppose i can make it so you only have to encounter or kill them to be able to get ho-oh? i did that with rayquazza. you just had to see kyorue and groudon in battle to be able to get it.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Yea its a palette refresh bug. cant really be fixed... but as of now it dosnt really matter... :P

Hopefully it is fixed in the next major beta release. D;
As for the actual hack, I've been playing it for about two days and I must say I'm impressed, the maps are almost precise and the inclusion of a few new rivals really make it somewhat fresh~ (in other words the rival is not annoying *cough*Carlos*cough*) The music is really the cherry on top, they're really top-notch and exact, I love it. :3
Can't wait for the next beta guys!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2009
How do I evolve a Seadra because sunstone and dragon scale do not work unless he evolves at a certain level?

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
You cannot evolve it in the current beta, due to a bug evolution.

Can't you read the first post?
A hard working person solved all your issues before you.
That's dirk, by the way.
In the first post, you will find links for his documents.

If you really want to evolve it, then use YAPE.
What's YAPE?
I guess, you can find it out, with a little search.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Noticed a few more things LaZ but for the life of me I can't remember :( :(

No wait, 1 of them's coming back to me, I think Growlithe's Sprite is a little off(In-battle) mouth looks weird :( also I don't think you found him where I found him in Crystal, in the original you find them to the north of the Ruins.

There doesn't seem to be as many trainers in National Park as I remember and there's also a few classic trainers missing :(

Also the Radio Tower plays Team Rocket's music when they haven't even taken over yet.

I think you should re-map the 2nd floor also, looks nothing like it did in Crystal, too empty, also the Underground looks a little different too but not much and what's with the Science center in Goldenrod ?

I dunno where they had fossils brought to life in Crystal, not complaining, it just seems to have been up and moved from Cinnabar in FR lol

Found in Goldenrod Healing place thingy that you can go in both the left and right bottom corners so most of your Hero OW is covered, just a movement error.

Erm, I'll report anything else as I come across them :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
I have one suggestion that I hope you consider. It's a really stupid small request but you know when the music starts and the trainers show up and you hear the Pokeballs shuffling? Get rid of that noise and put the little (shling) noise like in the original gold and silver. I know it's stupid but I think it'll add to the epicness.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Noticed a few more things LaZ but for the life of me I can't remember :( :(

No wait, 1 of them's coming back to me, I think Growlithe's Sprite is a little off(In-battle) mouth looks weird :( also I don't think you found him where I found him in Crystal, in the original you find them to the north of the Ruins.

There doesn't seem to be as many trainers in National Park as I remember and there's also a few classic trainers missing :(

Also the Radio Tower plays Team Rocket's music when they haven't even taken over yet.

I think you should re-map the 2nd floor also, looks nothing like it did in Crystal, too empty, also the Underground looks a little different too but not much and what's with the Science center in Goldenrod ?

I dunno where they had fossils brought to life in Crystal, not complaining, it just seems to have been up and moved from Cinnabar in FR lol

Found in Goldenrod Healing place thingy that you can go in both the left and right bottom corners so most of your Hero OW is covered, just a movement error.

Erm, I'll report anything else as I come across them :)

Ok so in order:-

1. Growlithe is obtainable above the ruins, on route 37 i believe.. either way you can get to it from violet city.

2. All the trainers in national park seem fine to me.

3. I guess the 2nd floor of the radio tower could be revamped

4. The science center was so that fossils could be obtained and brought back to life. as GSC never had that feature. Laz never edited some of the FR scripts in that.

5. Yeah you have a point.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Maybe it's cause the only time I was in National park was for the contests :D
I like the SCience section, just wondered about it and some of the scripts might need changing

BTW, that last one about the PC bottom corners covering the Hero's OW also happens in FireRed and LeafGreen, so that's not LaZ's fault.

Really ? I was pretty sure you couldn't do that, hmm oh well

Edit: I did find something else kinda weird, in the 2nd Gym(In Goldenrod) Whenever you move, everything lightens(Or darkens, can't remember which) up and it returns to normal when you stop moving, not sure if it was meant to be like this :?

linkandzelda

Years
Maybe it's cause the only time I was in National park was for the contests :D
I like the SCience section, just wondered about it and some of the scripts might need changing

Really ? I was pretty sure you couldn't do that, hmm oh well

Edit: I did find something else kinda weird, in the 2nd Gym(In Goldenrod) Whenever you move, everything lightens(Or darkens, can't remember which) up and it returns to normal when you stop moving, not sure if it was meant to be like this :?

hmm. that seems really weaird actully o.O. mind posting a vid as i dont get that at all lol. cheers.

link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back