• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
Not sure if this has been brought up but it's not in the bug report. Some members of Team Static talk about Team Aqua...

It just seems out of place.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
@ Laz

Seems to be just a glitch with the Ez Flash 3in1 as I didn't get that bug in VBA o.O, I'll double check my bugs before reporting anymore :)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
oh right. ok. becuase i check and i coudlnt see anything :O xD again i only support VBA xD. (not even the real gba :O)

link

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
Hey LaZ It's Chido09 again. Well I wanted to say that I found a bug. You know when you play Pokemon Firered and you open up your save file and it gives you a sort-of mini journal of what you have done? Well while playing Liquid Crystal and loading my last save file, it said that i barly left Oak's Lab when it was really Elm's Lab...? Do you think you can fix it...? If not it's okay not a lot if people will notice it... I think?

P.S. I can provide with a picture if needed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2009
hey i was wondering what is the name of the song or where is it from, the battle theme of Zane in the Beta 1.1?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
hey im new here ^_^
i just dload this game & look great....

BTW where can i get the legendary dogs(entei & raikou)?? are they on the wild or in some place??
also if i found them, i know they will use roar so how can i found them if the pokedex only shown the kanto region map??
is there also an OST of the legendary dog when u found them?? bcoz i really like that music.......

tnx in advance ^_^

linkandzelda

Years
hey im new here ^_^
i just dload this game & look great....

BTW where can i get the legendary dogs(entei & raikou)?? are they on the wild or in some place??
also if i found them, i know they will use roar so how can i found them if the pokedex only shown the kanto region map??
is there also an OST of the legendary dog when u found them?? bcoz i really like that music.......

tnx in advance ^_^

well the dogs can be found only in johto in the grass. there is no battl emusic for them yet :'( but will be soon. this time the dogs done use roar. they dont run either. also if you die or run away you can still catch them :P. only if you kill it that you can find them again. the reason its like that is becuase i didnt like it how if you killed one of them or you ran etc then you couldnt get ho-oh.

update: well im progressing with the OI story again. using the old rom still. its going ok so far.

link

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I've been playing this hack for a bit (and it's one of the few hacks that I've bothered to play) but anyway I'm enjoying it so far. One of the few suggestions I have is changing the tiles and all that... I'm really not a fan of the ones in the current beta so far. If you're going to use custom tiles I would suggest using more brighter and diverse coloring because honestly, the colors on these tiles are just gross imho. Gameplay is spot on but some scripts can use improvement like some NPCs actually not walking away from you when you talk to them. Also, I'd finally like to say that as you guys do stay true to johto's original mapping try to actually break out of the dimensions kept in the gameboy games and actually expand the maps a little to make them more enjoyable to play through. I spend way too much time bumping into a lot of things while traveling through routes, towns, cities etc.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I've been playing this hack for a bit (and it's one of the few hacks that I've bothered to play) but anyway I'm enjoying it so far. One of the few suggestions I have is changing the tiles and all that... I'm really not a fan of the ones in the current beta so far. If you're going to use custom tiles I would suggest using more brighter and diverse coloring because honestly, the colors on these tiles are just gross imho. Gameplay is spot on but some scripts can use improvement like some NPCs actually not walking away from you when you talk to them. Also, I'd finally like to say that as you guys do stay true to johto's original mapping try to actually break out of the dimensions kept in the gameboy games and actually expand the maps a little to make them more enjoyable to play through. I spend way too much time bumping into a lot of things while traveling through routes, towns, cities etc.

This is what I hate, guys saying they hate OUR pallettes and tiles, when other hacks use OUR pallettes, or have similar pallettes, yet people LOVE those hacks. Anyways, as for the tiles, they're made by me, and yes, They will be changed. I won't reveal too much yet.. but they will look similar to this:-

font3.png

Ignore the font change thing for now. The pallettes will be changed once I make a better one. In my opinion the current pallette looks great. It's not bright like D/P/P, and not too dark, the pallettes seem realistic, especially the trees. Some of the Ows I agree could be better, but I never made those, if i did my judgement would be a little better, to say what's good enough and what isn't. As for the beta 3 graphics go in general, they will be the best yet. with a lot of new animations to look forward to.

Last edited:

hawawa675

Pokemon Memorization Expert
Years
(sigh) it doesen't evolve because it dosen't get registered in the pokedex. This bug will be fixed for beta 3

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2009
Super special awesome.

A cookie for the person who guesses where my answer comes from.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged(sooo hungry)! Anyway, back on topic, will Beta 3 have the gym leader's roster modified? Nowadays, a level 9 Pidgeotto is odd(sorry if I sound picky).

linkandzelda

Years
Hey LaZ It's Chido09 again. Well I wanted to say that I found a bug. You know when you play Pokemon Firered and you open up your save file and it gives you a sort-of mini journal of what you have done? Well while playing Liquid Crystal and loading my last save file, it said that i barly left Oak's Lab when it was really Elm's Lab...? Do you think you can fix it...? If not it's okay not a lot if people will notice it... I think?

P.S. I can provide with a picture if needed.

oh yes i know what you mean. i will fix as much of that as i can :P

Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged(sooo hungry)! Anyway, back on topic, will Beta 3 have the gym leader's roster modified? Nowadays, a level 9 Pidgeotto is odd(sorry if I sound picky).

yes it will. the normal leaders will have 1 or 2 extra pokemon to reflect the use of 3rd gen pokes :P

link

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
I have a problem with Axel in Lavender Town. When I'm fighting him, I have black screen. I'm playing Beta 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back