• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just so you know, when you first battle your rival, he says "I,ll show you..." instead of "I'll show you..."

EDIT: And for me, when the Assistant gives me the egg, he goes to the door, turns around, goes towards me, and jumps... Then the game restarts...

EDIT 2: NVM, I switched back to the original version, and it was fine... Just something to fix before the final...

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • Alright I found out what the problem is. I restarted the game and just beat Whitney. Instead of giving you the Plain Badge, she gives you Morty's Fog badge. I don't know why or how, but I at least found out the problem. I now know that you eventually get it anyways.

Also, in addition to the Ralts on route 30, I found a Swablu. Odd to see Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto region. :mudkip;):

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) I made some, but not all. I did make Seth and Seth Overworld, Chuck, Falkner, Eusine, and Kaz.

well now this is not cool, you have stolen 2 of my sprites and claimed as you own, you have also claimed to make falkner which i know for a fact is made by pixelchu (her name may have changed i dont really know) on pokecharms, and the eusine is from the pokecharms traniercard maker. everything but chuck is also from said card maker.

Pokémon Trainer Kenta

Pokémon Master of Johto
    Years
  • well now this is not cool, you have stolen 2 of my sprites and claimed as you own, you have also claimed to make falkner which i know for a fact is made by pixelchu (her name may have changed i dont really know) on pokecharms, and the eusine is from the pokecharms traniercard maker. everything but chuck is also from said card maker.

Sorry, huge missunerstanding. I meant to say found instead of made. Gah, I'm an idiot some times. Sorry, really. I'll make the change right away.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Evolutions

As with Zel I hope to see if you made some alterations to evolutions by trade. For example, what do i do to get a kingdra if I have a Seadra, or How would I evolve an Onyx to a Steelix. If this isnt too much to ask, is there a list of evolutions that someone can post?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I am having a Major Glitch with the TM case as well, the rom crashes as soon as I open it, this means I cannot use HM's! is there a way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Really good hack. But where can i find a Elekid or an Electabuzz before get to kanto?
    Oh and i keep on running into sandlashes raging from 35 to 86 near olivine.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    This hack is pretty fun as I've just started it. However talk of all these glitches is worrisome. Not that I would know how to fix them or anything so I still offer much kudos to the hack creator.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • I hope that the Giovanni = Silver's father (from the manga) is at least hinted or mentioned in this game. It doesn't have to be an event or something, just a mention by one of the townfolk (perhaps in Viridian City or something).

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Hello
    You and Zel both have great idea but theres somthing that isn't well done
    Will there be possibility to get evolutionary stones by phone? If not i suggest to add some of them in johto before beatin elite 4. I'd like to beat them using Victribeel or Arcanine.
    And btw. are pokemons that evolve by trading going to evolve by lvl up o gems?

btw. Good job man:D

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Hey this is a great hack. I'm holding off on playing it until beta 2 comes out (because it looks amazing!) and I was wondering a couple of things. How do pokemon evolve that would traditonally involve a trade (ex.Abra and Onix) Lastly, do you think its possible to add a short sidequest involving Mewtwo. Like once you beat the Kanto Elite 4, you could receive an invitation that takes you to a random island where you battle against top trainers. The winner of those events get to battle Mewtwo? (something similar to the first movie.)

well the evolutions of trade pokemon are mostly by levels. theres a few items to use too but nothing to special.

I caught one so yes there should be one there.
    It just takes a while to find it.

<-- got lucky big time.

xd. you sure did. i couldnt find one after loads of tries...

Alright I found out what the problem is. I restarted the game and just beat Whitney. Instead of giving you the Plain Badge, she gives you Morty's Fog badge. I don't know why or how, but I at least found out the problem. I now know that you eventually get it anyways.

Also, in addition to the Ralts on route 30, I found a Swablu. Odd to see Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto region. :mudkip;):

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) Not all are mine.

hmm. are you sure she actully gives the fog badge? becuase they apper on the trainer crdf in a different order im afraid :P

I don't think that Challenge Mode is worth it if it'll be that much work. When I played ShinyGold I used the real version because in my opinion that version is hard enough. It would be cool if you could put the 2 versions on the same ROM though.

Also, for the 1st minigame, how about you make the odds 50% TM, 40% nothing, 9% statbooster, and 1% really rare item? You could even go down to 0.001% chance for Masterball. Of course these numbers are just estimates, but you get the idea!

yea thts an idea i supose. im not say the percentages atm for the game. as its meant to be for just tms.

what kind of differences does it have to shiny gold, just asking as I've just completed shiny and cba to play it again just yet lol :p

well it has quite a few differneces. of course its the same gsc storyline with extras on top :P

So, you are planning to make an X version, link. I wonder what kind of differences it'll have since you say there's so much work involved ('cuz in my case it's just one or two days of editing trainers' lineups :P), I think it may have been better to have both modes in the same game (the hard mode enabled after finishing the game normally first), it would have been a change from what we already know, but meh, as you want :)

yes im planning to lol. but it might have to be 2 versions like SG. i cant edit the wild pokemon in the normal rom easily so it would make sense to have an x version. which will most likley be created after the final release of the normal version. :P

I like this hack but Im stuck at lake of rage and Lance isnt there

yea its a bug. sorry. it will be fixed in beta 2.

Just so you know, when you first battle your rival, he says "I,ll show you..." instead of "I'll show you..."

EDIT: And for me, when the Assistant gives me the egg, he goes to the door, turns around, goes towards me, and jumps... Then the game restarts...

EDIT 2: NVM, I switched back to the original version, and it was fine... Just something to fix before the final...

yea. its been fixed already xd.

BTW, do you have permission for using Coronis sprites ?

coronis sprites i cant remember which ones they are lol. i think i have permission. well zeikku got most of the sprites so... i hope so...

enjoying the bet so far. keep up the good work.

thanks.

As with Zel I hope to see if you made some alterations to evolutions by trade. For example, what do i do to get a kingdra if I have a Seadra, or How would I evolve an Onyx to a Steelix. If this isnt too much to ask, is there a list of evolutions that someone can post?

someone could post a list but they are going to change in beta 2 anyway and i dont know what to lol.

I am having a Major Glitch with the TM case as well, the rom crashes as soon as I open it, this means I cannot use HM's! is there a way to fix this?

Really good hack. But where can i find a Elekid or an Electabuzz before get to kanto?
    Oh and i keep on running into sandlashes raging from 35 to 86 near olivine.

hmm. i cant remember where electabuzz is or how to get a elekid. the odd egg has a random chance of getting one of the baby pokemon too.

This hack is pretty fun as I've just started it. However talk of all these glitches is worrisome. Not that I would know how to fix them or anything so I still offer much kudos to the hack creator.

thanks. im hopeing for the beta 2 to be glitch free. (to a certain extent)

I hope that the Giovanni = Silver's father (from the manga) is at least hinted or mentioned in this game. It doesn't have to be an event or something, just a mention by one of the townfolk (perhaps in Viridian City or something).

well he was orginaly but ive changed the story line a bit and he isnt inlcuded or mentioned atm.

Hello
    You and Zel both have great idea but theres somthing that isn't well done
    Will there be possibility to get evolutionary stones by phone? If not i suggest to add some of them in johto before beatin elite 4. I'd like to beat them using Victribeel or Arcanine.
    And btw. are pokemons that evolve by trading going to evolve by lvl up o gems?

btw. Good job man:D

well the phone im not planning to put in as i cant think of a better way to implement it xd. im not a fan of the booth idea and also the mem1, mem2 etc. i want the trainers names to show there. there is a way but i need to research it first.

Where does one go to trade shards?

the shards as in red shard, gree shard etc? well i hvent added that in yet. i might of made a shard availble but nothing can be done with it rofl.

update: ive been busy these last 2 weeks and actully havent hacked at all :|. im trying to make time to hack but its difficult with college and stuff.

there isnt very much stuff left to do for the beta apart from the graphical work and a few aditions. the biggest thing is probably beta testing :P. stay tuned for some more updates hopefully.

link

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I have some suggestions. I personally love the random weather. However, it's kind of crazy and unnatural to switch from snowstorm to rain to sandstorm (what) in the same area in a matter of moments, lol. Also I don't understand what the weird falling black spots are.

Is there a way to keep the different weather to more appropriate locations? Switch it up a little and not have it all at once, I mean.

Also, while it was cool that there is an elemental stone salesman in the Kimono Girls house in Ecruteak, I think he should be removed. It just seems too easy. Perhaps you could have different salesmen that only sell you one stone in a number of different places (like the guy in Ecruteak will only give you one type of stone, then a guy hidden in say, the Rocket hideout in Mahogany give you a different one, etc).

Again, excellent hack; it's a lot of fun. 8-)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • hmm Cortes seems right. It's good to have a chellenge :P

Anyway I just wanted to ask, could you raise Ralts' encounter rate. It's too low because even you cannot find one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back