• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    in beta 1 you can get a lot of free potions from elm's aid, if you leave newbark town, come back, talk to elm, then walk down near the right bookshelf. It doesn't work every time, but sometimes if you walk down the middle you get 5 free pokeballs.

Elm doesn't give you a everstone if you show him the togepi. I don't use the everstone anyway, I just sell them for a few $

there are many places where someone says"i" instead of "I"

some trainers have stronger or weaker pokemon then they should for that point in the game ie. zuiku has weak pokemon, and so do the gym trainers. Many trainer's pokemon also have strange movesets

you can walk on walls in some places

here is a big one:
    go to blackthorn with a pkemon with teleport.
    go in the pokecenter to where you talk to the nurse note: you don't have to heal
    go back outside.
    use teleport.
    you end up in route 41 on one of the whirl islands

the game also has a few other teleport mistakes:
    newbark town to olivine
    olivine to cinnawood
    cinnawood to olivine
    note: I didn't try out kanto because I figured that you used the original maps as bases for the same place in the same city.

if you go back through dragon's den, where regirock was, there is a latios and if you catch it, it doesn't go away. Also everytime I went into that room, axel just stood around and froze the game when I talked to him, and when I walked up to the aqua grunts (the first time I went into the regirock room) my character walks up a few steps and axel (out of nowhere) said something, then I walk up again from where I am now, get moved up by a script again and axel (out of nowhere) said something, walk up a few more steps and Giovanni battled me like normal.

If you want to get rid of the teleport problem, try taking the move off of the move list for every pkmn with the move, or try editing the move itself so it only works in-battle.

Now here's a few questions:

where is the dive hm?

Are you going to edit the order of the pokedex to make it more like g/s (meaning the original g/s order, with wynaut and azuril in front of there evolved forms, followed by the 3rd gen pokemon, followed by the fakemon you said you'd include in one of the 1st few pages in this thread)

Are you going to add even more out-of-battle movesthat require a badge, like possibly making a cave that requires sunnyday, raindance, and 2 badges, and has certain spots you can use the moves to change the weather in the cave (ie: sunny: valleys and mountains, and rainy: flooded and only the tops of the mountains are visible above the water.)

Are you going to overwrite the one glitch ability (cacophony) to make it unique, instead of just another "soundproof"

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
    To make this a DS compatible hack would require a very large amount of codeing, Plus it would mean it would be a completly new hack in general as Link would need to edit Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Even if he did that however i think it would still take a while due to the 4th gen games only been capable of been modified so much.

Years
    sumone needs to put up a list on when certain pokemon evolve... like onix... also i thot that this game was 98% finished... if thats true then how can the game only go up to 5 towns in kanto???
    (i only read the liquid crystal page.. im playing and im almost at lake of rage so i havnt finished it to the point where it stops)

also to the link guy
    when yur in cianwood.. you can end up walking on tiles in the upper left where suicune is.. also if yu go to the far left while doing this then yur game freezes... and also thers noo way to get out of that jam unless yu use surf while yur standing on a rock thats in the water..

(i really hate it when people make these great games but then errors like these pop up,,, its great to play the game but i hate the glitches.. i guess no game hack can ever be a perfect hack which really sux but i guess it still is fun to play)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    Can anyone give me a list of the Hoen pokemon please and this is one great hack

check back a huge posts and you will see some of the pokemon listed. im not going to list them as 1. i want people to find them and 2. i cant remember what ones i put in LOL.

I have some suggestions. I personally love the random weather. However, it's kind of crazy and unnatural to switch from snowstorm to rain to sandstorm (what) in the same area in a matter of moments, lol. Also I don't understand what the weird falling black spots are.

Is there a way to keep the different weather to more appropriate locations? Switch it up a little and not have it all at once, I mean.

Also, while it was cool that there is an elemental stone salesman in the Kimono Girls house in Ecruteak, I think he should be removed. It just seems too easy. Perhaps you could have different salesmen that only sell you one stone in a number of different places (like the guy in Ecruteak will only give you one type of stone, then a guy hidden in say, the Rocket hideout in Mahogany give you a different one, etc).

Again, excellent hack; it's a lot of fun. 8-)

i have im prooved the weather a little bit by making it less random and making it keep the same weather. the palletes of the weatehr are affected when switching maps. thats why its cocainally discoloured eg the black snow, mud storm and blizard rain (i like those names :P) i cant do much about it tbh but i think its ok to keep it :P.

about the stone salemen. it does seem a bit easy having them buyable all from one place. in the next beta (2) there will ber a salemen for each stone hidden in certain places.

hmm Cortes seems right. It's good to have a chellenge :P

Anyway I just wanted to ask, could you raise Ralts' encounter rate. It's too low because even you cannot find one.

sure. i aggree. although its meant to be a challenge as hoen pokes arnt meant to be in johto :P

i have a question...why does lapras never come out?

that is a bug in the 1.0. its fixed in 1.1 but it has more errors than 1.0 :|

It's a bug. That's why they're called *betas* because they're never going to be perfect.

thats too true im afraid. after all guys this is still on the first beta. there will be bugs for certain. even in beta 2.

I'm going to answer each part of the following post. my answeres in the quote with LaZ:

in beta 1 you can get a lot of free potions from elm's aid, if you leave newbark town, come back, talk to elm, then walk down near the right bookshelf. It doesn't work every time, but sometimes if you walk down the middle you get 5 free pokeballs.

LaZ: thats the infinate potion glitch. im in theprocess of fixing it lol. thats what happens if you change flags to something else.

Elm doesn't give you a everstone if you show him the togepi. I don't use the everstone anyway, I just sell them for a few $

LaZ: hmm. well he did for me. well i'll find out when i beta test soon.

there are many places where someone says"i" instead of "I"

LaZ: yea. my dyslexic habbits...

some trainers have stronger or weaker pokemon then they should for that point in the game ie. zuiku has weak pokemon, and so do the gym trainers. Many trainer's pokemon also have strange movesets

LaZ: zuiku is meant to be zeikku? if so then yea his pokes where slightly messed up i think. about the trainers. i raised the levels by 2 from the orginal but i missed a few out. the movesets have mostly been fixed :P

you can walk on walls in some places

LaZ: movement permission. easy to fix and most have been.

here is a big one:
    go to blackthorn with a pkemon with teleport.
    go in the pokecenter to where you talk to the nurse note: you don't have to heal
    go back outside.
    use teleport.
    you end up in route 41 on one of the whirl islands

LaZ: that is an issue i cant fix. its a flying position and healing place error. as i think blackthorn has a fake pokecenter. its a shame and i didnt really know about it but hmm. i have an idea to fix it but it will make it not posible to fly to blackthorn so im gonna have to leave it for now. i'll research it bit though.

the game also has a few other teleport mistakes:
    newbark town to olivine
    olivine to cinnawood
    cinnawood to olivine
    note: I didn't try out kanto because I figured that you used the original maps as bases for the same place in the same city.

LaZ: could you explain these ones a bit better? if there is more than 1 or 2 then i might have to do something...

if you go back through dragon's den, where regirock was, there is a latios and if you catch it, it doesn't go away. Also everytime I went into that room, axel just stood around and froze the game when I talked to him, and when I walked up to the aqua grunts (the first time I went into the regirock room) my character walks up a few steps and axel (out of nowhere) said something, then I walk up again from where I am now, get moved up by a script again and axel (out of nowhere) said something, walk up a few more steps and Giovanni battled me like normal.

LaZ: please in future put info like this in a spoiler. it dosnt matter anyway as that is completly different now in beta 2.

If you want to get rid of the teleport problem, try taking the move off of the move list for every pkmn with the move, or try editing the move itself so it only works in-battle.

LaZ: that is an option but a cheap one. might be possible though. i'l look into it :P

Now here's a few questions:

where is the dive hm?

LaZ: in the current beta 1.x you get it from the guy in route 35 house after playin ghis game. in beta 2 you get it a different way.

Are you going to edit the order of the pokedex to make it more like g/s (meaning the original g/s order, with wynaut and azuril in front of there evolved forms, followed by the 3rd gen pokemon, followed by the fakemon you said you'd include in one of the 1st few pages in this thread)

LaZ: i havent actully thought about that. ive never edited the pokedex before either.

Are you going to add even more out-of-battle movesthat require a badge, like possibly making a cave that requires sunnyday, raindance, and 2 badges, and has certain spots you can use the moves to change the weather in the cave (ie: sunny: valleys and mountains, and rainy: flooded and only the tops of the mountains are visible above the water.)

LaZ: anything that changes the weather will inturupt the system of random weather. i orginally had similar ideas to this but scrapped them :P.

Are you going to overwrite the one glitch ability (cacophony) to make it unique, instead of just another "soundproof"

LaZ: im not sure what that is. explain more LOL

WHen does Seadra evolve into kingdra or how does it evolve?

i cant remember lol. i think its by level. keep levelin git for now.

Will you make this into a DS hack when it becomes more common? It could have some mad features.

that wont be possible as the post below awnsers this:

To make this a DS compatible hack would require a very large amount of codeing, Plus it would mean it would be a completly new hack in general as Link would need to edit Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Even if he did that however i think it would still take a while due to the 4th gen games only been capable of been modified so much.

theres still oportunities though...

sumone needs to put up a list on when certain pokemon evolve... like onix... also i thot that this game was 98% finished... if thats true then how can the game only go up to 5 towns in kanto???
    (i only read the liquid crystal page.. im playing and im almost at lake of rage so i havnt finished it to the point where it stops)

also to the link guy
    when yur in cianwood.. you can end up walking on tiles in the upper left where suicune is.. also if yu go to the far left while doing this then yur game freezes... and also thers noo way to get out of that jam unless yu use surf while yur standing on a rock thats in the water..

(i really hate it when people make these great games but then errors like these pop up,,, its great to play the game but i hate the glitches.. i guess no game hack can ever be a perfect hack which really sux but i guess it still is fun to play)

the beta 2 was 98% finished. its now 99.3% finished. the beta 2 will be close to a complete remake. just a few sidequests left out.

the cianwood thisng i fixed so its ok :P

Quick question at the very end can you fight RED.

this question has been anserwd already. its yes.

update: well i've been busy the last weeks and havent hacked as i stated before. but im back on track now and should havea beta ready to test in the next 2-3 weeks.

the things left on my todo list are half things i can do on my own and half thigs im waiting ofr other people to do eg graphics from zeikku...

here is what beta 2 will be: it will be complete up to reds battle. hopfully bug free as much as possible. im still thinking this isnt enough to release another beta compared to the first ones... this means i might have a few ideas pop up and i'll add them in. we'll see. stay tuned.

link

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years

Hey LaZ I can't remember, have you added Entei and Raikou's event yet?

Yep you have. But regarding that:
    Spoiler:

Also
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
    Years
    lol hey im a player of pokemon shiny gold X (Zel says its harder but my cyndaquill just lved up like CRAZY) and this game at 1st (while i was at the burnt tower (ur game of course)) i thought "This is nothing like crystal"till i beat my rival (i used walk through walls and caught suicune b4 wakeing the legendary dogs up

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    lol hey im a player of pokemon shiny gold X (Zel says its harder but my cyndaquill just lved up like CRAZY) and this game at 1st (while i was at the burnt tower (ur game of course)) i thought "This is nothing like crystal"till i beat my rival (i used walk through walls and caught suicune b4 wakeing the legendary dogs up

Well crystal was like G/S, just with extras and animations. I think it's similar to the original...
    also, why play a hack if your gonna cheat?...no point, if i sound aggressive i'm sorry..my personal life sucks.

but LaZ change my magikarp line-up lol..
    I want decent pokes :)

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Is it possible to make the trade-evolvers evolve with an item? Them evolving by level just gives it this really...fake feel. It's one of the things I hated in SG. For example, holding an item called Twised Spoon could evolve Kadabra. I mean I would prefer keeping them normal and having them evolve by trade...but this would be the next best solution IMO.

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    I haven't played this yet, but I wanted to say something anyway.
    Crystal was my favorite GSC game (and 3rd and 4th gens are just ripoffs with cool features), so this game will probably entrance me more than Shiny Gold did. And I thought Shiny Gold was really cool.

So, I really, really, really hope this game gets finished; I was pretty disappointed when Crystal Shards went kaput.

(Shiny Gold is still cool, but.. *does sparkly eyes at nearly-finished Crystal remake*)

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
    Heyh!, sorry about my abscense, but the University is killing my time, I just wantesd to say you n"GOOD WORK!" it seems that the ultimate hack is coming sooner, and I'm still your no1 fan, don't forget that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back