• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
  • Hey LaZ I have a quick question. Awhile back, Zeikku mentioned some graphical changes he's made and said they'd be in beta 2. Specifically I'm talking about the text and HP boxes in the battles. Since I haven't heard anything about them for awhile, do you still plan on implementing them into beta 2? I'll put the image in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

This is the part where you start throwing things at me, Well, erm, I'm running windows 7, the paint program on here doesn't keep anything I open indexed, so the HP Boxes won't work, (I guess I could explain to LaZ how to do it, seeing as he's running XP..I think), Now battle BG's 'could' be done, but it's not the main priority.
    and The text box is done already :)

Years
  • xd. thanks. i heard that zel is useing the same OW as me in SG's beta 6. not too sure though. just means we might need a new one.
    Sprites are just one of the things I'm kinda nitpicky about x). I like all of the sprites except for Zane's , I didn't like the sprite on the trainer card at first but it's grown on me x). So far I've enjoyed this game alot more than shiny gold. The only thing I like better about shiny gold is the title screen and some of the rivals (Carlos and Amelia), but I've had alot more fun playing this game. I think once you fix all the little glitches people will be comparing shiny gold to liquid crystal instead of the other way around like now =)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    This is the part where you start throwing things at me, Well, erm, I'm running windows 7, the paint program on here doesn't keep anything I open indexed, so the HP Boxes won't work, (I guess I could explain to LaZ how to do it, seeing as he's running XP..I think), Now battle BG's 'could' be done, but it's not the main priority.
    That's good that the text boxes are done, because they look great in the picture! I think you should put in the HP boxes as well. It gives it a sort of Platinum-like feeling, which is always good. I'm not as concerned about the BG, but it would just make it better if those were inserted. Basically, if the text and HP boxes are in beta 2, I'll be a happy camper.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I have a glitch where even though i get tms, i only have hms in my bag, so i can't get past the whirlpool at the last gym

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Great game, I just went on a quick run through and i found a few glitches.

I cannot fly to Violet City, Cerrygrove City, And New Bark Town.
    When in Goldenrod City I am unable to fly anywhere.
    At the end of victory road when your Rival fights you it freezes whenever he brings out his Alakazam.
    Spoiler:

That's all that i've encountered. I'm not sure if these are just glitches with the game or if it's just my emulator (VBA 1.8 beta 3)

Also, I want to thank you for making such a great hack :)

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • This is looking very good so far. Im hoping you get all Johto and Kanto Music Remixes onto the game because the music is one of my favorite parts of a hack. Also: Has Zel 2.0 given up on his hack? I don't know but either way both yours and his hack are really great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    hey, this a great hack but i think you forgot to put the karate king at mt.mortar.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Hey LaZ, what I meant was have that as beginning for each tile, but for each tile compile it with a new variable and then just have a pointer to the main script.

yes i knew what you ment. i'm gonna leave it for now and see if anyone conplains :P

Oh btw...you might want to keep this the same to stay true to the original...but could you maybe get rid of the nicknames for the in-game trades? It's so annoying.

Also, since I see people complaining about Hoenn guys being too hard to find...just throwing out ideas here...maybe have a part where a boat or something takes you to an island with a jungle on it, and thats where you can find the hoenns? Then again that would probably be a whole nother big thing to add in. Eh idk.[/quo

well im gonna keep the traded pokemons names :P

that is not a bad idea. i was thinking something similar but i have other ideas planned :P

This game has definitely progressed since the last time I checked in on it! Great work! Looks extremely promising!

thanks foulump. its thanks to you that i started this (well the scripting parts xD)

aaarrgghh who can you teach Whirlpool to?? I've tried so many Pokemon, none of them can learn it

you can teach it to growlithe LOL

Your sprite is amazing you should definitely keep it in, although its up to you.

thanks. i most likley will.

There's a bug with the red garados. Are we not suppose to be fighting that? Because when I fight it, it restarts.

Edit: More bugs: I only have my hms, all my other tms are gone

strange. must be a bad rom/patch. none else got that error and neither did i.

Hey, LaZ are all kanto, johto, and hoenn starters going to be obtainable?

Spoiler:

yes they are. all starters will be obtainable in soe way.

I wish someone would make a walkthrough for this so I could find all the hoenn pokemon
    also I noticed a glitch , you're supposed to be able to teach fire punch to typhlosion but the team wouldn't work =/ , the thunderpunch tm did work for it though XD and one of the gym trainers in the ice gym had a ? as a pokemon o.O I forget which because Im past that part now

hmm. i know the tms leanrings are messed up. atm there about 90% finished.

Are the problems with what Pokemon can learn TMs (such as my Delibird being the only Pokemon I have able to learn Whirlpool) going to be fixed in beta 2?

yes. pretty much.

i do have xp :P (although im going to be on vista very soon)

Sprites are just one of the things I'm kinda nitpicky about x). I like all of the sprites except for Zane's , I didn't like the sprite on the trainer card at first but it's grown on me x). So far I've enjoyed this game alot more than shiny gold. The only thing I like better about shiny gold is the title screen and some of the rivals (Carlos and Amelia), but I've had alot more fun playing this game. I think once you fix all the little glitches people will be comparing shiny gold to liquid crystal instead of the other way around like now =)

thanks. hopfully LC will be more regongnised in the future.

I have a glitch where even though i get tms, i only have hms in my bag, so i can't get past the whirlpool at the last gym

thats strange and i never got it. try a different rom and repatch.

It is pretty awesome!!! I really like it!!!!

thanks.

Great game, I just went on a quick run through and i found a few glitches.

I cannot fly to Violet City, Cerrygrove City, And New Bark Town.
    When in Goldenrod City I am unable to fly anywhere.
    At the end of victory road when your Rival fights you it freezes whenever he brings out his Alakazam.
    Spoiler:

That's all that i've encountered. I'm not sure if these are just glitches with the game or if it's just my emulator (VBA 1.8 beta 3)

Also, I want to thank you for making such a great hack :)

thanks. the flying bugs i know about and im working to fix them. its actully quite hard to do though :( about the place in the spoiler thats been completly changed and there are no bugs there now :P

This is looking very good so far. Im hoping you get all Johto and Kanto Music Remixes onto the game because the music is one of my favorite parts of a hack. Also: Has Zel 2.0 given up on his hack? I don't know but either way both yours and his hack are really great.

Thanks. most of the music remixes will be in beta 2.

hey, this a great hack but i think you forgot to put the karate king at mt.mortar.

i thought i did put him in lol not too sure though.

update: im beta testing now :P abput half way through kanto just ploughing through and fixing bugs. more music has been and will be inserted. sprites and graphics still need to be done.

i greatly improoved the weather systemt oo. it now stays one weather for quite a while when switching through maps and going in buildings. i think that gives it a much more realistic feel to it.

ive decided. when i release beta 2 i want everyone to post on here if a tm dosnt work with a certain pokemon.

thanks in advance
    link

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Is there anyway you can wait until, the end of the term, to get vista?...cos i wanna teach you the HP box thing in that free week we have laz, Paint on Vista and 7 sucks, majorly.
    Once thats done, I'll work on other graphics hopefully.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I cant wait until this hack is finished! It looks so amazing (especially if you do the textbox idea!). Already thinking about my team:D

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Excellent hack. I just started it, I have a level 10 Cyndiquil now. I'm really liking the weather effects. I do have a couple questions though, if you don't mind.

How would I evolve pokemon such as machoke or onix, since they evolve through trades in the normal games? Also, how do friendship evolutions work? (eevee and togepi are in mind) Are there pokemon from other generations that are catchable, or just the GSC ones?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • thanks dude.

Off-topic:
    I have a favor to ask all of the LC fans out there. In order to show your support i need everyone who can to sign up to something for me:

https://www.xpango.com?ref=91670128

Heres how it works:
    1. You signup which takes about 1-2 minutes. Then pick a free gift.
    2. You get other people to signup with your referal ID (what im doing here)
    3. The number of referals needed depends on the gift you picked. In my case its a 80GB PS3 which needs 30.
    4. After you get the right ammount of refferals then you get the gift. No scams. No spam either.

I'm not forcing people to signup and people who can't then thats ok. Please please please can the people that can signup please signup.

This will really show your support :P
    thanks in advance

link

p.s. I hope this is allowed. if not then i'll take it down.

On-topic:
    Almost finished beta testing kanto. alsmot about to fight red and then theres a few more music to insert and loop. and a few more features to implemet too.

link

Years
  • thanks dude.

Off-topic:
    I have a favor to ask all of the LC fans out there. In order to show your support i need everyone who can to sign up to something for me:

https://www.xpango.com?ref=91670128

Heres how it works:
    1. You signup which takes about 1-2 minutes. Then pick a free gift.
    2. You get other people to signup with your referal ID (what im doing here)
    3. The number of referals needed depends on the gift you picked. In my case its a 80GB PS3 which needs 30.
    4. After you get the right ammount of refferals then you get the gift. No scams. No spam either.

I'm not forcing people to signup and people who can't then thats ok. Please please please can the people that can signup please signup.

This will really show your support :P
    thanks in advance

link

p.s. I hope this is allowed. if not then i'll take it down.

On-topic:
    Almost finished beta testing kanto. alsmot about to fight red and then theres a few more music to insert and loop. and a few more features to implemet too.

link
    This seems waaaaay easier then prizerebel.
    I'll try it!
    Not atm, later.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    hey i can't wait for the next beta.

also i couldnt get to website with the link you gave to give you wour points.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back