• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lodestone

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012

Hello. This is my custom set, a 'classic' expansion (Base/Gym set) for the Johto Pokémon.

Contains: about 150 cards. Every Pokémon from 2nd Generation, with 50 extra cards for trainers, special energy, and one-off inclusions from 1st/3rd generation.

Blanks: fakecard.com
    Arts: Mostly Ken Sugimori or Suta-Raito.com, backgrounds by me, quoted if otherwise.

Gyms leaders: Some of the more iconic Gym leader Pokémon will be marked as such.
    Evolutions: As this set is primarily Johto Pokémon, evolutions of Kanto will not necessarily have a correspoding Basic Pokémon.

Visit the website for all the cards so far!

Thanks for your comments!

Last edited:

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    New Cards: Jasmine's Steelix, Togetic

Note the new set symbol on these. Togetic I had a choice with: go with Basic, like it 'should' be (Togepi is technically a baby), or Stage 1 like all the real Togetic cards are.

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    These cards aren't that bad, I can't really say anything about the placement, since I don't really know the exact Base placement. I think the fonts are correct aswell, good job

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    All really good. I liked the original blanks, I think you're using them very well. Some of your ideas are fantastic too and the illustrations are great. 9/10 overall and I can't wait to see more from you. :)

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    The fonts are a bit... some are too bold and some too sharp...

I like the card, though, but I would prefer in NEO blanks...

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Well, I don't have Photoshop, so I use Paint.NET, which has all the relevant functionality (for cards at least) while remaing free, so it may look a little different to the normal for custom cards. It's close enough for me however.

I might be helpful if you pointed out which areas, if I have made large mistakes.

Years
    I do like your cards very much Lordpenguin, however you are using the trainer symbols for Advance type cards, Pokemonzeo has the perfect ones for Classic!

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks! I hadn't found that resource, and did notice that the trainer icon was wrong. I just couldn't find the originals.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Thankyou. New Steelix uploaded in old post. And new Totodile EDIT: and Croconaw.
    I'll be making a website for this set, as soon as I get a good layout idea.

Last edited:

Adept-eX

A Adobe Photoshop Veteran ;P
    Years
    Ohhh... the old times.. really cool clasic cards done, to first sight te placement looks like the old cards
    However I have to say it, I really missed the text box with the Pokedex data in the inferior of the card (for that in my blanks I added it again with a new style ;P)
    Yeah! is very cool, also I think than the Pokemon G/S/C saga was the better of all the games. Continue please! Johto is cool!

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012

First rare, for some reason.
    Seriously, thanks for all the kind words guys, its stuff like that that keeps people motivated ¦D

Working on a new sort of blank for the next...

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Well, a few ideas didn't work out for the blanks
    (check this pic)

So I decided to simply print two cards, one fire one dark.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    These cards are insanely good

I love the way you're using older set blanks

Houndoom looks wicked btw

Years
    <3_<3, i seriously don't need to say anything, coz i've already sed it. Just keep sending us perfect cards and people will love them. With the Houndoom Image, it looks nasty how it show "Houndoom"

Back