• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lodestone

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks.

I noticed i hadn't made any fighting types (& ground, rock etc.) so I make a nice Larvitar card. Handy. I fiddled wih the levels of this classic sugimori larvitar, o give it slighty darker tone and those piercing white eyes...

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Meh, I feel that I am making to many with only one attack. 3 attacks? Typo ne.
    Anyway, 2 weaknesses helps balance it, and Mudslip has a deliberately obscure mana cost.

And Pupitar is gonna have only one attack, tackle ¦D

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hi these fakes are very good! Particularly the D versions of Houndoom/dour (which are utterly utterly broken however). Id suggest using Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to blur down the pixelised edges.

Keep up teh cool work.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Would be nice if could afford them! Looking into getting a cheap PS soon though...

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    In the absence of PC, I got a new laptop, so it might take a while to transfer all my tools. Before that however, two new cards: Sabrina's Natu and Pupitar.
    This is the second Natu card in this set, as, well, I wanted to do a xatu, obviously, but Imakuni doesn't really feel like he has one. Also, this means that Natu in general in this set are more common than uncommon, but less common than commons.

Personally I wanted to make sabrina's natu powerful, relative to the rest of the cards, rather like the status of base set scyther or electabuzz.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    ¦D I played around with the zoom blur settings for ages, to get it just right

a slightly meh Tyranitar

There is also a PRERELEASE edition with different arts, but it is awfully hard to get hold of.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Aside from the slightly poor text alignment and (i think) slightly odd-looking pp fonts, i really quite like this card. It is nice and full.

All of these, and all previous cards, are up on the website

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    The dark crobat art is cool, and the pokemon power is very interesting.

This is a greaat set dude;)

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    The first set of deltas. Note I decided against the ugly delta symbol over the art, instead going for just a small symbol next to the type symbol. This set won't have mechanics based on delta, so it's sort of just a sidenote that these cards aren't of the normal kind for that pokemon.

Also check out the flavour text, first hints as to the 'storyline' of the set here.

Last edited:

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I tried it, but it just looked odd on a classic blank, and messed up the positioning.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hehe, thanks. One of the main reasons I prefer to fake with these is that I actually don't own anything newer than around aquapolis, and I compare my renders angainst real cards to get the alignments right and whatnot.

Anyway, my first trainer fake. I'm slightly off with the text I think, post your comments.

Back