• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
  • Really neat hack, thank you for efforts. Random thing though, my Kingdra is trying to evolve into a Donphan after level 25. :-/

Hah, funny.
    Thanks, I'll fix that in the next update.

Huh. That's the rom I used too, yet VBA refuses to reach the title screen (I even tried multiple forks of VBA and nothing). And yet as soon as i booted up Retroarch it loaded without issue. Which probably means it's an issue on my end.

Thanks for your help, I never would have even tried using anything beyond VBA-M if it wasn't for your suggestion on emulator compatibility :p

It should have worked with VBA-M, that's what I'm using...
    Anyway, I re-downloaded my FireRed rom to be absolutely sure it's the Squirrels rom, so the next version will supposedly be more compatible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    I got the patch to work kinda, but when I start the game its buggy then soft crashes after I get my starter

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    I understand wanting to keep the original game balance but could you at least make an optional patch where you start with the national dex. Not being able to use Pokémon like Crobat is something I hated about OG FR/LG

Years
  • I understand wanting to keep the original game balance but could you at least make an optional patch where you start with the national dex. Not being able to use Pokémon like Crobat is something I hated about OG FR/LG

Hm, okay, I'll include it in the next update.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • OMG an remake of Pokemon blue with the Eeveelutions from generation 2/4/6 with proper cries? That sounds interesting man

Also tell me how to get all of them except generation 1 Eeveelutions, for Leafeon, should i use Leaf stone on it, or level up Eevee in Viridian forest?

Also your avatar is so cute

Years
  • OMG an remake of Pokemon blue with the Eeveelutions from generation 2/4/6 with proper cries? That sounds interesting man

Also tell me how to get all of them except generation 1 Eeveelutions, for Leafeon, should i use Leaf stone on it, or level up Eevee in Viridian forest?

Also your avatar is so cute

Right now Eevee evolves into Leafeon in Pattern Bush, but now I think to make 2 version of the hack. For those who still want only original 150 Pokémon in the main plot there will be this version, and for those who want to have an early access to new evolutions I'll make another.
    Stay tuned.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Right now Eevee evolves into Leafeon in Pattern Bush, Stay tuned.

OK thanks, hmm where's that? I check google

Update

Oh Sevii islands, darn, any plans on having it evolve in Viridian forest too ^^?

Years
  • OK thanks, hmm where's that? I check google

Update

Oh Sevii islands, darn, any plans on having it evolve in Viridian forest too ^^?

Yes, I'll make two version of the hack. One with new evolutions only being accessible in the post-game and the second one with new evolutions available in the main playthrough. Eevee will evolve into Leafeon in Viridian Forest in the second version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    I honestly need help to patch this rom, I've use the squirrel version of fire red, fire red 1.01, leaf green, but every time I use NUPS patcher it always says that the patch doesn't match the file

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    After i beat Major Bob in Vermillon City, it happened twice now that if i go to PokeCenter right after, i get stucked when i leave the center
    Well actually, i get stuck now in the Gym everytime i wanna leave, doesnt matter if i speed up or not

Years
  • I honestly need help to patch this rom, I've use the squirrel version of fire red, fire red 1.01, leaf green, but every time I use NUPS patcher it always says that the patch doesn't match the file

Try to click Ignore and patch the Squirrels rom. It should work anyway.

After i beat Major Bob in Vermillon City, it happened twice now that if i go to PokeCenter right after, i get stucked when i leave the center
    Well actually, i get stuck now in the Gym everytime i wanna leave, doesnt matter if i speed up or not

So the game just freezes when you're trying to leave the Pokémon Center or the Gym?

Years
  • Congrats on the hack, my man! This looks fantastic, it sticks with the FireRed style while it brings technical things from later gens, this is so cool! A had the same patching issue some mentioned above, but I activated the ignore checksums in my patcher, but when I boot the game, the Title Screen is all yellow and shows only Mega Blastoise and Pokémon logo, is it normal?
    Edit: I discovered why... Its because I'm playing with the BIOS (I like the nostalgic GBA intro XD)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2022
    STikER sir, I am big fan of your Rom Hacking skills. Apparently, I am currently working on a Kalos Rom Hack, so I would like to know if your Rom Hack is made based on the latest version of Leon's Rom Base, and whether your Rom Hack Pokemon Mega Blue has all the features of this Rom Base, so that I can use it for my Rom Hack (with your permission). Moreover, I have also heard that Leon's Rom Base has some bugs, so I would also like to know if you have removed any sort of bugs present tn the ROM Base.

Yours faithfully,
    Joshua82

Years
  • STikER sir, I am big fan of your Rom Hacking skills. Apparently, I am currently working on a Kalos Rom Hack, so I would like to know if your Rom Hack is made based on the latest version of Leon's Rom Base, and whether your Rom Hack Pokemon Mega Blue has all the features of this Rom Base, so that I can use it for my Rom Hack (with your permission). Moreover, I have also heard that Leon's Rom Base has some bugs, so I would also like to know if you have removed any sort of bugs present tn the ROM Base.

Yours faithfully,
    Joshua82

Aw, thank you for your kind words! ^-^
    Actually, I don't even remember what exact version of Leon's Base it is, but I'll assume its v4.0.
    And yeah, feel free to use Mega Blue as a Rom Base! But I suggest you'd better wait for new version of the hack to come out.
    Most of the features of Leon's Rom Base, but I'll try to list features absent from Mega Blue when I finish updating my own hacks.
    And no, I didn't fix any of the bugs 😅

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    I am using myboy on my android does that work? And i am using pokemon fire red squirrel but when i try to get through checksum errors or whatever and patch it all i get is a White screen. Need help because i Would really like to try this hack

Back